Moparts

Vision wheels?

Posted By: slantzilla

Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 09:35 AM

Anyone tried them yet? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set for the Valiant.

Vision Wheels

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 04:48 PM

Stopped at Chicago Connection this morning and popped for a set and new tires. Just in time to park it for the winter. drive
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 05:49 PM

I looked at some awhile back. They look like nice wheels for the price.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 08:33 PM

Same wheel you can buy on jegs .. weigh a ton

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 10:06 PM

Not really concerned about weight, just want a nice looking wheel that isn't the same as what I have on my other cars. Plus, these won't say Jeg's all over them.

These were cheap enough. I'm trying 9X30 Hoosier radial slicks and they cost more than the full set of wheels. shock
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 10:38 PM

scopePics?

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 11:19 PM

Vision wheels link in my original post. wave
Posted By: GY3

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/20/18 11:38 PM

A buddy bought some and really likes them.

Totally changed the personality of his car!

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/21/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By GY3
A buddy bought some and really likes them.

Totally changed the personality of his car!

Thanks! That's what I am hoping too. I've never really been a fan of black wheels, but I am going to try some. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks. boogie

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/21/18 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
of the car with it's new shoes

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/21/18 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By Mr340
of the car with it's new shoes

Ordered them today. Won't be here for awhile. Bill had to order the slicks, and he gets a better deal when his order is 50 or more. He said if I could wait a couple weeks it would knock off another 15%. Putting the car away for the winter tomorrow anyway, so I can wait. thumbs
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/22/18 09:41 PM

I have a friend that has them on his 87 Dakota race truck. He has ran 10.70 at 122 in the 1:4 I think and drives it on the street once in awhile. His are also the black ones. I bought his old ones but they are the polished version
Posted By: BradH

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/22/18 11:40 PM

Anyone tried them yet? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set for the Valiant.

Vision Wheels

I can't tell from the web site info (looked at more than the one page you linked)... do these wheels use conical lug nuts, rather than straight-shank like my Weld Pro Stars have?

If so, is the center where the lugs make contact a steel insert, rather than aluminum like the rest of the wheel appears to be?
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 12:06 AM

I have a set on a convertible I own. Cheap wheels and have held up awesome. Strange but true!

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 01:11 AM

Brad, I will find out when I see them. Looks to me like they take a cone nut too.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 02:38 AM

They take a conical acorn style lug nut. They are cast aluminum so you get what you pay for. They look great and are priced great and a lot of guys use them. The cast aluminum is what made me avoid them for a 10 sec street car.
I have no proof but I've 'heard' the spokes can break on them.

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 03:30 AM

Yeah, when they look like Billet Specialties but are 1/4 the cost..........

I'm hoping my 13 second bracket car won't hurt them too badly.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport
They take a conical acorn style lug nut. They are cast aluminum so you get what you pay for.

Oh, He11 no... not on my watch or my dime.
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 04:15 AM

I purchased a pair of those for the front of my Cuda in a 17x4, yes cheap, even after shipping to Western Australia but extremely heavy, I did not put them on the scales (or the car) but would be 4x the Alumastars Im running now, yes I know 4x cheaper as well.
Posted By: topside

Re: Vision wheels? - 10/23/18 05:41 AM

Bought a pair of their Sport-Lites a while back. Look decent, but yeah they're heavy - seem lighter than Cragars, but nothing like a proper drag wheel.
Yes on the conical nuts, and the hole is kinda tight for a socket, which I solved by getting some open lug nuts that use a 17mm socket.
One thing I noticed was the polished finish isn't as nice/clear/reflective as say a Weld rim is, it's more of a satin finish and a lighter color.

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/18/18 04:39 AM

Picked them up tonight. I was kinda worried I wouldn't like the black, but in person they look very nice. Going to the shop tomorrow morning, will post a pic of them on the car tomorrow night. boogie
Posted By: topside

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/18/18 06:36 AM

1. Hey, are those tires from Hoosier? (just kiddin' ya)
2. If you don't like the black, scuff the wheels & paint 'em a metallic grey or bronze (for a magnesium look) or whatever color works with your car.

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/19/18 06:08 PM

Before

After boogie

Yes, they are heavier than my Monocoques, but so is my wallet. laugh2
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/19/18 06:14 PM

They look good ..

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/19/18 06:30 PM

Thank you!

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 02:25 AM

up looks good!

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 02:51 AM

Thank you!
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 03:47 AM

They look killer Slantzilla! The black stars are my favorite ones.

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 03:52 AM

Thank you! I've never been a fan, but decided I really wanted to try a set of something besides polished. I guess old dogs can learn new tricks.
Posted By: toyotajeep

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 04:41 AM

I like those. We are working on the same car and I am contemplating running the same ones. I think they look classy and are really reasonably priced on Jegs right now.

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 07:16 AM

Yes, all 4 wheels were $2 less than the slicks. realcrazy
Posted By: toyotajeep

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 02:52 PM

Just an FYI but the fronts were down to $88 each on Jegs for quite awhile and they are now $104. Seems the sale is over. Will have to keep looking when I get closer to needing them.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 03:35 PM

Stopped at Chicago Connection this morning and popped for a set and new tires. Just in time to park it for the winter. drive
HOWS BILLY DOING THESE DAYS ps wheels look sweet

Re: Vision wheels? - 11/20/18 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By toyotajeep
Just an FYI but the fronts were down to $88 each on Jegs for quite awhile and they are now $104. Seems the sale is over. Will have to keep looking when I get closer to needing them.

I rarely buy from Jeg's or Summit. Bill has been real good to me over the years and I want to support my local business. Besides, Bill was really close to that plus free mounting and balancing. He also brought them home with him so I could pick them up without driving into the city. boogie

all spooled up-Bill and Jimmy are doing fine. Shop is incredibly busy and the track is doing pretty well when Mother Nature lets them run. wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums