Moparts

New 440 daily driver build thread

Posted By: 70charger512

New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 02:47 AM

Daily driver 440 trying to get around 550hp/600tq (ill take 25 less hp with around the same torque or slightly less anyday)
440 source 500” stroker kit (flat tops, but dont know which, depends on how much overbore is needed, somewhere between 10.15? and 10.96 comp)
Edelbrock rpm heads
Holley sd intake (is the street and strip dominator the same for the 440?)
800-850? holley vac sec carb
Hydraulic roller cam (need suggestions, because from what ive heard from helpful people and complete a**holes, i need 250 @.050 to make around 550hp/600tq, and it shouldnt be really revving past 6000, so would i need to try solid roller lifters for stability?)
1 3/4” hedman headers (or 1 7/8” if necessary, i dont want bigger simply to say theyre bigger)
3” exhaust im assuming? Again not bigger just to be bigger, would 2.5” be too small?
ARP head bolts and main studs
(Pretty sure i forgot some stuff i dont have my idea list with me)
Anyone that was responding condescendingly on the other thread just dont bother replying to this. Youre not helpful.

Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 02:50 AM

Wow....that's all I can say.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Daily driver 440 trying to get around 550hp/600tq (ill take 25 less hp with around the same torque or slightly less anyday)
440 source 500” stroker kit (flat tops, but dont know which, depends on how much overbore is needed, somewhere between 10.15? and 10.96 comp)
Edelbrock rpm heads
Holley sd intake (is the street and strip dominator the same for the 440?)
800-850? holley vac sec carb
Hydraulic roller cam (need suggestions, because from what ive heard from helpful people and complete a**holes, i need 250 @.050 to make around 550hp/600tq, and it shouldnt be really revving past 600, so would i need to try solid roller lifters for stability?)
1 3/4” hedman headers (or 1 7/8” if necessary, i dont want bigger simply to say theyre bigger)
3” exhaust im assuming? Again not bigger just to be bigger, would 2.5” be too small?
ARP head bolts and main studs
(Pretty sure i forgot some stuff i dont have my idea list with me)
Anyone that was responding condescendingly on the other thread just dont bother replying to this. Youre not helpful.

laugh2

Please see the 18 other threads for relevant responses

Posted By: viperblue72

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 04:25 AM

Honestly I just read your original build.I thought was good, except theres no reason to buy rpm heads unless you have them. The trick flows far exceed the rpm.
Annnd your cam choice was waaay small. Otherwise I think youre getting the right idea.
Your second build looks good as well.
Either way youll be happy. It doesn't cost that much more to add cubes.
No you don't need a solid roller. That will severely limit longevity. It can be done but not recommended.
And if it were my engine, id choose something in the 240-250 range @050.
Posted By: rb446

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 05:22 AM

[quote=Nick Stevanovski]

440 source 500” stroker kit (flat tops, but dont know which, depends on how much overbore is needed, somewhere between 10.15? and 10.96 comp).....YES

Edelbrock rpm heads...NO TRICKFLOW.

Holley sd intake (is the street and strip dominator the same for the 440?)...SAME INTAKE, IDLE>6000RPM

800-850? holley vac sec carb....850DP AS YOUR MANUAL TRANS, MUCH BETTER...my2c.

Hydraulic roller cam (need suggestions, because from what ive heard from helpful people and complete a**holes, i need 250 @.050 to make around 550hp/600tq, and it shouldnt be really revving past 600, so would i need to try solid roller lifters for stability?).....DON'T NEED SOLID ROLLER, STD HYD OR HYD ROLLER 240>250@.050@500ci quite mild, MAX 6K RPM

1 3/4” hedman headers (or 1 7/8” if necessary, i dont want bigger simply to say theyre bigger)....1.7/8"

3” exhaust im assuming? Again not bigger just to be bigger, would 2.5” be too small?..2.5" OK, 3" LOUDER, LESS MPG

ARP head bolts and main studs...GOOD BUT NOT NECESSARY

Posted By: BradH

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By ZIPPY

You said 27 on one of the others. Did he delete 9 of them? I stopped counting...

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By rb446
[quote=Nick Stevanovski]

440 source 500” stroker kit (flat tops, but dont know which, depends on how much overbore is needed, somewhere between 10.15? and 10.96 comp).....YES

Holley sd intake (is the street and strip dominator the same for the 440?)...SAME INTAKE, IDLE>6000RPM

Hydraulic roller cam (need suggestions, because from what ive heard from helpful people and complete a**holes, i need 250 @.050 to make around 550hp/600tq, and it shouldnt be really revving past 600, so would i need to try solid roller lifters for stability?).....DON'T NEED SOLID ROLLER, STD HYD OR HYD ROLLER 240>250@.050@500ci quite mild, MAX 6K RPM

1 3/4” hedman headers (or 1 7/8” if necessary, i dont want bigger simply to say theyre bigger)....1.7/8"

3” exhaust im assuming? Again not bigger just to be bigger, would 2.5” be too small?..2.5" OK, 3" LOUDER, LESS MPG

Thank you so much. Was this so hard lol? Why couldnt anyone else do this? And why was everyone so bit*chy? I was asking for anawers. Not “ur an idiot”.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 05:41 AM

Wow.....just wow.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Wow.....just wow.

Go ahead. Explain. Or stop replying.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 06:06 AM

Wow.....just wow.

Go ahead. Explain. Or stop replying.

No explaination is required.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 06:38 AM

Wow.....just wow.

I just read through the last couple of threads and this pretty much sums it up.

Nick do you go to a lot of car shows?

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By ZIPPY

You said 27 on one of the others. Did he delete 9 of them? I stopped counting...

Nah, just exaggerating A MILLION TIMES, as ever.
Some things never change!

The big picture/the underlying question is still not being adequately explored.

Nick I wish you nothing but success with this thing and hope whatever you do, it all works out.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 02:38 PM

My advice?? Make a plan and stick to it.. whistling
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 04:35 PM

I didn't read the whole previous thread, but this is a good starting point here from viperblue72:

Quote:

A stock stroke 440 with stock steel crank, stock (w/arp bolts)rods or new h-beams, and a flat top forged piston close to 0 deck. You'll want a piston with 2.05-2.067 compression height.
Trick Flow cylinder heads,
Any nice hydraulic, or hydraulic roller with anywhere from 230-245 duration and .550 valve lift is gonna get you 525-550 horsepower with tons of torque. `And you will live happily ever after.

You're building primarily a street car and this has a wide margin of error to work with. As already stated you're not going to go wrong using the above as a starting point.

To answer some of your questions I saw from this thread: if it were me I would the 1 7/8" headers and 3" exhaust. The 2.5" exhaust on my car killed 30 wheel horse power on the dyno.

Use the Trick Flow heads. This is probably my only regret with my build. The Eddies are just about the same price and are an inferior head.
Posted By: krautrock

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 04:54 PM

i would:

use the trick flow heads

run a solid flat tappet around 245*@.050, 108lsa if you want a bumpy and stinky idle, 112 lsa if you want it a little smoother and cleaner. i would consider 112 but talk to someone that knows (fast68)

probably not bother with a stroker because you have plenty of gear with a t56, i looked at that a while back, i would run a 4.30 rear gear and then cruise on the highway in 6th at around 2000-2200 rpm...but that's alot of money and work. i think i'm gonna just run a 727 with good converter in my car.

also, i would quit worrying about how much power it makes. build a good shortblock with flattops, quench, trick flow heads, use the SD intake, and pick a cam that gives you the chracteristics you want...it makes what it makes...it will still haul ass whether it makes 500hp or 600hp...
Posted By: GY3

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 04:55 PM

[quote=Nick Stevanovski]

Thank you so much. Was this so hard lol? Why couldnt anyone else do this? And why was everyone so bit*chy? I was asking for anawers. Not “ur an idiot”.

All the answers were here already.

It's called research. The little search feature is wonderful for that....but some people need it spelled out.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By GY3
[quote=Nick Stevanovski]

All the answers were here already.

It's called research. The little search feature is wonderful for that....but some people need it spelled out.

No. There are general answers or suggestions. I was asking basic questions specific to a daily driver build. You couldnt simply help. The only answer i got was 250 @.050 duration. And that was without helping to explain the whole operating rpm question. Which was my main question in relation to the duration. Dont post on this thread unless u have genuine advice. Notice how he didnt complain or tell me to look at other threads when i have my own. He simply helped by answering questions.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By MarkM
I didn't read the whole previous thread, but this is a good starting point here from viperblue72:

Quote:

A stock stroke 440 with stock steel crank, stock (w/arp bolts)rods or new h-beams, and a flat top forged piston close to 0 deck. You'll want a piston with 2.05-2.067 compression height.
Any nice hydraulic, or hydraulic roller with anywhere from 230-245 duration and .550 valve lift is gonna get you 525-550 horsepower with tons of torque. `And you will live happily ever after.

You're building primarily a street car and this has a wide margin of error to work with. As already stated you're not going to go wrong using the above as a starting point.

To answer some of your questions I saw from this thread: if it were me I would the 1 7/8" headers and 3" exhaust. The 2.5" exhaust on my car killed 30 wheel horse power on the dyno.

Use the Trick Flow heads. This is probably my only regret with my build. The Eddies are just about the same price and are an inferior head.

So i should go with the trick flows (240s, right?), but how would that affect daily drivig, would the extra flow cause any issues?
Posted By: steve660

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 07:24 PM

Quote:

So i should go with the trick flows (240s, right?), but how would that affect daily drivig, would the extra flow cause any issues?

Yes,use the Trick Flow 240s.

There will be no issues with the extra flow.

The only negative effect will be the ability to roast the tires with less throttle.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By steve660

Quote:

Yes,use the Trick Flow 240s.

There will be no issues with the extra flow.

The only negative effect will be the ability to roast the tires with less throttle.

So essentially as long as i need up to 240 ill be fine? Like it cant be too big?
Posted By: Lee446

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 07:50 PM

#1 you are not in charge and have no right to tell others not to post.
#2 No one here owes you anything, but you act like your entitled to instant attention.
#3 All of these topics, from exhaust to tires to engine builds have been covered many times and are readily available by using the search function.
#4 Your lack of knowledge about the effects of cam choices and how seemingly minor changes(to you) in duration, can have a major effect on streetability. Cams can be confusing to most of us, but you can educate yourself by doing some basic research on many of the cam manufacturers sites, to help you better understand the good advice you are being given.
#5 Stop shotgunning so many different topics at one time, stick to one topic until you learn what you need to know, then move on.
You are beginning to wear out your welcome here and pretty soon, because of your attitude, you won't be getting any help at all.
This sight is a great resource with many knowlegable people who will bend over backwards to help, but you need to learn to Focus, Listen, and show some Respect to those who are taking THEIR time to help YOU out.
You get what you put into it.
Posted By: steve660

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 07:56 PM

The 240s are not too big. Theyre made for a hi po 440.

Yes, you could go too big. Heads like Brodix or Predators would be too big.

Go with the 240s....
Posted By: carnut68

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 08:12 PM

Just a question. What is your definition of daily driver? Mine is one that I depend on every day to and from work. Maybe I'm getting old but I wouldn't want to drive an old 500 hp hotrod every time I leave the house. Do you have another ride? Just wondering while reading your posts.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By Lee446
#1 you are not in charge and have no right to tell others not to post.
#2 No one here owes you anything, but you act like your entitled to instant attention.
#3 All of these topics, from exhaust to tires to engine builds have been covered many times and are readily available by using the search function.
#4 Your lack of knowledge about the effects of cam choices and how seemingly minor changes(to you) in duration, can have a major effect on streetability. Cams can be confusing to most of us, but you can educate yourself by doing some basic research on many of the cam manufacturers sites, to help you better understand the good advice you are being given.
#5 Stop shotgunning so many different topics at one time, stick to one topic until you learn what you need to know, then move on.
You are beginning to wear out your welcome here and pretty soon, because of your attitude, you won't be getting any help at all.
This sight is a great resource with many knowlegable people who will bend over backwards to help, but you need to learn to Focus, Listen, and show some Respect to those who are taking THEIR time to help YOU out.
You get what you put into it.

If someone, like you, has no intentions other than being an a**hole, whats the point in posting? I dont think anyone owes me anything. I understand many topics have been talked about. But alot of these are kind of specific. And any other post that is even close to what im talking about has a million different complicated answers because they all think the OP is talking about somehing else. Thats why i wanted to be simple. I understand “small” changes have big effects. Thats why im asking how much of an effect it would have. I understand the difference between 250 and 220 duration. I was asking about how it affects operating rpm. Because ive never seen operating rpm explained. Im going through different topics at the same time so i can get everything planned and moved on asap. My attitude was fine until people started essentially calling me an idiot. Of course ill respond with attitude. So dont act like this and expect that i do nothing. Or think that when i respond like this im the bad guy. I have listened to everyone. Notice how the people that actually helped i responded to and took their advice. Especially the people that helped answer my questions.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By carnut68
Just a question. What is your definition of daily driver? Mine is one that I depend on every day to and from work. Maybe I'm getting old but I wouldn't want to drive an old 500 hp hotrod every time I leave the house. Do you have another ride? Just wondering while reading your posts.

Its my actual daily driver, but i have a jeep i can drive when its in the shop/if theres a problem.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 08:41 PM

Go with the 240s....

Just to make sure im getting this right: so 240 instead of 210 wont negatively affect daily driving?
Posted By: CSK

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 08:43 PM

Dont use the 240 heads, use the 250 heads that came on the 1968 383 2bl they work great, get a purple shaft cam, the 3/4 one, problem solved.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By csk
Dont use the 240 heads, use the 250 heads that came on the 1968 383 2bl they work great, get a purple shaft cam, the 3/4 one, problem solved.

Agreed, it'll make an easy 500hp, probably MUCH more, and will be a wicked, yet tractable
street machine.

I would recommend Castrol KY assembly lube for installation of the cam--great stuff!
Posted By: carnut68

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 09:27 PM

What do you have to start with? Do you have an engine that's already out of a car? If not that's where I'd start. If you have 2k laying around get the trick flow heads. Reread all of the threads you started. You have been given a lot of good advice. Think reliability it's your daily driver. Good luck with your build.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 09:28 PM

Nick - I see from your profile that you're a student, and if you are in fact college age, it makes a little more sense how you are conducting yourself here. If that's the case, most of the guys posting here are old enough to be your father and some your grandpa. Show some respect!

I was young once too, and made plenty of bad decisions along the way. The one thing I never did was disrespect my elders, and certainly not when I was the student and they were the teacher.

I'm going to make one more attempt to help guide you through this before you go and burn your bridges. (Hate to sound harsh but remember, you need us more than we need you). Refrain from your defensive responses, and go spend a few hours reading through the tech archives and learn how different things work. There's plenty of info on cams, heads and strokers, among other things.

Show some appreciation when people take the time to give you feedback, instead of just spinning their response into another question. And last but not least, don't start any new topics until you are able to understand that all of your questions thus far have already been answered multiple times. This is not a riddle, it's fact. Go back and read and re read.

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 09:38 PM

Go with the 240s....

Just to make sure im getting this right: so 240 instead of 210 wont negatively affect daily driving?

210 is barely above or at stock and in my mind 240 and cubes is totally doable and my "weekly" driver runs a 470 stroker with 276-281 @ .050 12.1.1comp but I'm 3050 lbs roughly, run an 8" 5200+ vert and 4.10's so no problem............ thumbs

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By TonyS451
Nick - I see from your profile that you're a student, and if you are in fact college age, it makes a little more sense how you are conducting yourself here. If that's the case, most of the guys posting here are old enough to be your father and some your grandpa. Show some respect!

I was young once too, and made plenty of bad decisions along the way. The one thing I never did was disrespect my elders, and certainly not when I was the student and they were the teacher.

I'm going to make one more attempt to help guide you through this before you go and burn your bridges. (Hate to sound harsh but remember, you need us more than we need you). Refrain from your defensive responses, and go spend a few hours reading through the tech archives and learn how different things work. There's plenty of info on cams, heads and strokers, among other things.

Show some appreciation when people take the time to give you feedback, instead of just spinning their response into another question. And last but not least, don't start any new topics until you are able to understand that all of your questions thus far have already been answered multiple times. This is not a riddle, it's fact. Go back and read and re read.

What he says...^^^^ Great advise!! bow

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 10:21 PM

So youre trying to say im disrespectful for responding the way i did to people that were completely rude for no reason? When people have actually helped, or even tried to help i have said thank you. Not to the people that are rude. The #1 question i repeated multiple times was finally answered once today. I have done a hell of a lot of research. Just not experience to put together a build. Isnt that the point of this forum? I have been going over every one of my threads 24/7 even in school non stop. But so far its either someone saying to get exactly what they have, or someone being rude. Theyre have been a total of maybe 10 people that have actually at least tried to help.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 10:34 PM

Remember, respect your elders and we are ALWAYS right.......... biggrin I was going to ask your age and now it also answers my questions as well and knew you were in your 20's or there bouts. We all learn the hard way and several on here have answered my dumb questions over the years and your skin will toughen just like mine did........Here to help, but be nice, chill and learn grasshopper.......... drinking

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 11:46 PM

[/quote]
Theyre have been a total of maybe 10 people that have actually at least tried to help. [/quote]

Nick, I responded to your questions (10 times in the last few days and several times weeks ago in another one of your many threads) trying to help.

You expressed interest in the Lunati 60303 (we even discussed new vs old Lunati part numbers----remember?) cam which I run on a very similar 440 build.

Last night you seemed to get the answers you wanted from another member, and admonished the rest of us for not telling you the same info.

You then talked about me/us not posting on your thread.

I tried to help. You were rude. PERIOD......PERIOD.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/20/18 11:51 PM

So youre trying to say im disrespectful for responding the way i did to people that were completely rude for no reason? When people have actually helped, or even tried to help i have said thank you. Not to the people that are rude. The #1 question i repeated multiple times was finally answered once today. I have done a hell of a lot of research. Just not experience to put together a build. Isnt that the point of this forum? I have been going over every one of my threads 24/7 even in school non stop. But so far its either someone saying to get exactly what they have, or someone being rude. Theyre have been a total of maybe 10 people that have actually at least tried to help.

Many people TRIED to help you, but you didn’t take their advise. You were even given direct links to engine builds.
Just because YOU don’t like the answer to a question, doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 12:31 AM

Theyre have been a total of maybe 10 people that have actually at least tried to help. [/quote]

Nick, I responded to your questions (10 times in the last few days and several times weeks ago in another one of your many threads) trying to help.

You expressed interest in the Lunati 60303 (we even discussed new vs old Lunati part numbers----remember?) cam which I run on a very similar 440 build.

Last night you seemed to get the answers you wanted from another member, and admonished the rest of us for not telling you the same info.

You then talked about me/us not posting on your thread.

I tried to help. You were rude. PERIOD......PERIOD. [/quote]
Yes. You were pretty helpful. Obviously didnt answer every possible question but i dont expect that or anything. You were rude when u replied on this thread when i first started it.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

Many people TRIED to help you, but you didn’t take their advise. You were even given direct links to engine builds.
Just because YOU don’t like the answer to a question, doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

I took alot of advice. If u saw my very original build (before i even got on here) youd know that. Theres a difference between advice/answering questions and saying “hey i have this youre welcome” as if i should do exactly what they did on a drag build, or i should somehow take all of that info and understand my questions more.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 12:51 AM

I cant be the only one here who thinks the op has the typical defensive attitude common in this new younger generation deal............ work

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
I cant be the only one here who thinks the op has the typical defensive attitude common in this new younger generation deal............ work

Lol ok ur definitely right... (que the “hah now hes defending himself from me saying hes defensive”). When people are rude for no reason i will be like this. Especially if its affecting the thread from actually being helpful to me or anyone else that might need it. This is a mopar forum so whys everyone acting like 12 year olds on xbox?
Posted By: KDY

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 01:01 AM

Nick, all you have to do is review your previous threads to gain a little insight.

You’ll notice a lot of knowledgeable people have given you great advice / info to use and study.

You’ll also notice as your threads continue, these people disappear as a result to how you respond within these threads.

You be the judge on whether your actions are getting the results you wish to receive.

Also - you won’t be happy daily driving a stock stroke 440 with a 250 @ 50 cam.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart

Lol ok ur definitely right... (que the “hah now hes defending himself from me saying hes defensive”). When people are rude for no reason i will be like this. Especially if its affecting the thread from actually being helpful to me or anyone else that might need it. This is a mopar forum so whys everyone acting like 12 year olds on xbox?

You are closer to 12 years old than probably anyone on here...... tsk

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By KDY

Yes he will!!!

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By KDY
Nick, all you have to do is review your previous threads to gain a little insight.

You’ll notice a lot of knowledgeable people have given you great advice / info to use and study.

You’ll also notice as your threads continue, these people disappear as a result to how you respond within these threads.

You be the judge on whether your actions are getting the results you wish to receive.

Ill just ignore the stuff ive heard a million times that isnt about cars. The 250@.050 would be pretty good for the stroker correct?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 01:44 AM

Ill just ignore the stuff ive heard a million times that isnt about cars. The 250@.050 would be pretty good for the stroker correct?

No, not in a daily driver that you need to be dependable for all sorts of trips in all sorts of weather. For a real street car stay in the 230's or maybe low 240's. It is a complicated equation to solve so you either need to work with someone who has a lot of experience or just bite the bullet and do some R&D yourself.

The Chevy ZZ502 is a very well behaved engine that the Chevy engineers designed to drop into a variety of street rods, muscle cars, etc. They put a 224/234 cam in that engine so that should be a baseline for anyone who is asking about a camshaft for a daily driver stroker.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 02:25 AM

It also depends what you're willing to live with. I had a 509 cam (advanced a couple degrees) in my old Charger. Low compression 440, 750 Holley, 1 7/8 headers, 4 speed and either 2.76, 4.10 or 4.30 gears depending on what rearend parts were broken at the time. Zippy helped me put it together many years back. It got driven on and off year round, including when it was 20* out. It was a little soggy to drive with the 2.76 gears but other than that it was fine.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By KDY

I built a stroker with the help of this forum last year. I based it off of a 400 block using a 440 Source rotating assembly to bring it up to 512 cubes. This is the cam that was recommended:

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=722&sb=2

It's a 230 @ 50 hydraulic roller. It has excellent street manners with enough vacuum for power brakes and is all done by 5500 RPM. Now if only I had solicited advice regarding heads I wouldn't have purchased the Eddies I have on the car now.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 06:18 AM

Does anybody have a rattle and a sippy cup for the trust fund baby? Going to school and has cash for a charger and a Jeep plus a build of said charger? That ties all this together nicely. Makes total sense now. We all tried to help him, he just wants to be an attention seeking millennial (or gen z) on a mopar board. Uh, well, ok.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 06:29 AM

If the thread bothers you so much then why are you continuing to waste your time and energy reading and posting in it. So the guy is asking questions, big deal. Can't believe a grown man gets so bent about someone asking questions.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By Blusmbl
It also depends what you're willing to live with. I had a 509 cam (advanced a couple degrees) in my old Charger. Low compression 440, 750 Holley, 1 7/8 headers, 4 speed and either 2.76, 4.10 or 4.30 gears depending on what rearend parts were broken at the time. Zippy helped me put it together many years back. It got driven on and off year round, including when it was 20* out. It was a little soggy to drive with the 2.76 gears but other than that it was fine.

Good times!

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/21/18 04:29 PM

I haven't read all of the threads by the OP..But the first thing I would ask is what is the budget and how far out is the planned build...My granddad always told me that you can poop in one hand and wish in the other and see which hand fills up faster... whistling
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/23/18 12:02 AM

Are you still here??
Go build your engine.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/23/18 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
I haven't read all of the threads by the OP..But the first thing I would ask is what is the budget and how far out is the planned build...My granddad always told me that you can poop in one hand and wish in the other and see which hand fills up faster... whistling

Sounds like the budget is pretty open...

Attached picture 08DB33FD-D58F-4ABC-B2D4-61736299F265.png
Posted By: Iowan

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/24/18 05:23 AM

Should have sent the OP over to yellow bullet, he would have been told what he wanted to here.

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/24/18 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By sixpakdodge

Sounds like the budget is pretty open...

What is wrong with you buddy? You go to my facebook and find a specific post to screenshot? To prove what?

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/24/18 09:33 PM

Dude...Don't bark up the wrong tree..I don't even have facebook..Quit being a dick.. tsk

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/24/18 10:17 PM

Dude...Don't bark up the wrong tree..I don't even have facebook..Quit being a dick.. tsk

Was that meant for me? Or the guy that stalked my facebook?
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: New 440 daily driver build thread - 10/25/18 01:37 AM

You need a Schlitz.
© 2024 Moparts Forums