Moparts

Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 04:17 AM

Well I got my motorhome hooked up to the race car Trailer and if the body feels ok in the morning I’m hopefully heading to Quaker City in Ohio for their three day Halloween race. Then back home for a day and then hopefully head to Norwalk Ohio on Tuesday for a race on Wednesday, 1 time trial Thursday, another race Friday, first round of the big race Saturday and if I win that round finish the race on Sunday. Eric is trying to talk me into heading south the first week of November but this my finish me off for the year.
Posted By: humpty

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 04:40 AM

Wow - that’s an awesome week! I still have the Halloween race on my some day list. It’s Cordova for us this year. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By humpty
Wow - that’s an awesome week! I still have the Halloween race on my some day list. It’s Cordova for us this year. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

I'm hoping the cooler temps bring my 60 foots back. Best of 1.25 this year but very consistent 1.27's but lately its been 1.30-1.31's. These new tires aren't up to snuff or my ancient rear shocks aren't up to the task and need updating. They were on the car when I bought it 10 years ago and it was only running high 11's back then. Plan for this car over the winter is I will rebuild the engine, new rear shocks, and just in case I'm going to build another powerglide with a 1.80 low gear-set. The 1.98 may hit the tires a little to hard on marginal tracks in the heat.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 06:34 AM

Good luck John!

I think after 3 rainouts in 4 tries this year I'm putting mine away for the winter. shock
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 02:59 PM

Go get em!!!!
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 03:19 PM

Get em John! 👊👊👊 and have fun!

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 03:36 PM

Hmmmmmm. Change in plans. I never attended the Quaker City Halloween Race and from the sounds of things I should have entered yesterdays race and parked earlier in the week. I texted a Friend this morning to check pit conditions and he told me it was filling up quickly and there were several "soft areas" with more rain on the way early evening tonight. Instead I think I will head for Norwalk tomorrow and get parked (I'm number 356) and then race Norwalks warm-up race Sunday and get a nice parking spot on the asphalt for the next 9 days. Dissensions dissensions. LOL. Hemi and Propane are ready for a vacation.

Untitled by John Cadamore, on Flickr

Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 05:13 PM

Good luck John and enjoy the racing. Jim
Posted By: theraif

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Hmmmmmm. Change in plans. I never attended the Quaker City Halloween Race and from the sounds of things I should have entered yesterdays race and parked earlier in the week. I texted a Friend this morning to check pit conditions and he told me it was filling up quickly and there were several "soft areas" with more rain on the way early evening tonight. Instead I think I will head for Norwalk tomorrow and get parked (I'm number 356) and then race Norwalks warm-up race Sunday and get a nice parking spot on the asphalt for the next 9 days. Dissensions dissensions. LOL. Hemi and Propane are ready for a vacation.

wow those are awesome costumes laugh
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 08:37 PM

Anywhere there are cat pictures, that's where I wanna be.

I had nothing of much value to say, really.

Have fun and good luck!

Attached picture kenny and strat.jpg
Posted By: mills.mopar

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By ZIPPY

Have fun and good luck!

That cat has a really small head or a really big body!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By mills.mopar
Originally Posted By ZIPPY

Have fun and good luck!

That cat has a really small head or a really big body!

A little of both smile
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 09:39 PM

Good luck John! And Rich...A Cat and a Strat!! Gotta be a blues song in there somewhere... musik

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
Good luck John! And Rich...A Cat and a Strat!! Gotta be a blues song in there somewhere... musik

Get it. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwjNBjqR-c
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 09:58 PM

Good luck John!
Guy just came and picked my car up yesterday. Getting it completely rewired, relays, etc, etc.
Will be a nice upgrade.
Plus, pickup the wife tonight. Gets out of the hospital, been in since last Sunday. Pancreatis and got gall bladder removed.
Cant wait for next season. Plan to race more

Re: Well this might be my last race stretch of 2018 - 10/12/18 10:08 PM

Thanks guys. I hope all goes well with your Wife. I will get as much info as possible for you on the Trick Flow heads. If there are any questions you want me to ask that aren’t on the spec sheet we all saw let me know as I will be visiting their display tent several times I’m sure. If they allow pictures I’ll get plenty.
© 2024 Moparts Forums