Moparts

M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two!

Posted By: ZIPPY

M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/20/18 11:05 PM

I stumbled across this ad from 1993 and thought it was cool, just passing it along. Wonder if anyone remembers it?

Totally backwards from today, right?

In this day and age when they're not hardly making any manifolds at all, it's interesting to see that, for awhile anyway, they were basically free with purchase of a whole top end.

Attached picture m1 intake 1 cent.jpg
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/20/18 11:25 PM

While I won't mention my age at the time of the ad being published, I will say that I have a couple M-1's that are older than that ad that I still use. I know there is better out there these days, but they work for me, and I'm going to keep using them. I'd go for it if they were still running that deal today...

I like the old MP ads from the late-80's, early-90's. I usually rip them out of old magazines for garage art.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/20/18 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By ZIPPY
I stumbled across this ad from 1993 and thought it was cool, just passing it along. Wonder if anyone remembers it?

Totally backwards from today, right?

In this day and age when they're not hardly making any manifolds at all, it's interesting to see that, for awhile anyway, they were basically free with purchase of a whole top end.

I remember that way back when.. I thought it was
BS when I first seen it.. that was near the time
I bought my first set of W-2s
wave
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 01:24 AM

The good ol' days when Mopar Performance still cared about their roots.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 03:21 AM

Maybe that’s why they don’t make most of em anymore.... they were t making any money on them. Haha.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 04:47 AM

Where is the like button?
Posted By: madscientist

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 04:55 AM

I don't remember the year but it had to be the very early 1990's they were selling W-2 heads for 99 bucks each . I should have bought 20 or 30 of them.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 07:00 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist
I don't remember the year but it had to be the very early 1990's they were selling W-2 heads for 99 bucks each . I should have bought 20 or 30 of them.

I have 2 sets of W-2s but MP screwed up on the second
set.. they were suppose to be the long valve heads
but the sent a single long valve and a single standard
valve.. I dont notice it till I ported both sets and
tried to put the second set on a spare engine.. well
the rockers didnt work with the long valves that I
bought like the other set.. and it took me a few days
to figure that out.. seems like every time I bought
parts from MP they would screw up something
wave
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 05:13 PM

Bought my 1st set of Stage VI heads in 93, went to Jarrett Dodge use to be in Hatboro Pa, picked up the heads, and Stan asked me if I wanted the intake..I said what intake, he said the one Mopar shipped with the heads.

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By ric3xrt
Bought my 1st set of Stage VI heads in 93, went to Jarrett Dodge use to be in Hatboro Pa, picked up the heads, and Stan asked me if I wanted the intake..I said what intake, he said the one Mopar shipped with the heads.

How cool is that! Perfect timing.
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 05:38 PM

Reminds me of the COLUMBIA HOUSE 12 albums for a penny adds.

And yes MP screwed up all the time. I had a set of BB head gaskets shipped in a box that was10” long. Guess what had to happen to get them both to fit in there.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 06:06 PM

lol I bought a set of their old high compression pistons for a small block and apparently one of the piston was rotated about 15* when they machined for the wrist pin. Then I still have some "new" 576 heads that came with cracked guides and/or look like someone installed new cast iron guides and/or did some machine work around them. (Been a while since I've looked at them.)
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 06:32 PM

Nice little promo.. May as well give you a little something for the over the top amount of money you had to pay for the heads smile
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/21/18 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By TonyS451
Nice little promo.. May as well give you a little something for the over the top amount of money you had to pay for the heads smile

That was my thought exactly!!

Or, you could think of it as partial compensation for all the $$$ you’ll spend fixing your new heads.

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/22/18 12:08 AM

Ah the storied and colorful past of MP LOL.

If I'd never bought the direct connection engine manual + a catalog back in The 80s, life would have been a hell of a lot less interesting...I might have got into oem stock restoration stuff or European vehicles.

I've never owned an m1. In one of the books Shep said don't bother buying it if you have a street dominator....street dominator was cheaper. Uglier too but I didn't care. I've tried to buy a 337 for about a year, no luck. Should have bought 6 of them when the number was reinstated.
Posted By: Rob C

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/29/18 06:41 AM

Oh! I so remember that ad! I had way to much going on to take advantage of it.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: M1 intake manifolds for 1 cent? Heck, I'll take two! - 09/29/18 06:07 PM

I bought my Stage VI heads around that time, but from Muscle Motors.... da bastards prob kept and resold my intake!! laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums