Moparts

Mezier water pump blows fuse

Posted By: dvw

Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/17/18 11:19 AM

I believe its a 150 series, shorter motor. Anybody else have this issue? It happened once before when the impeller came loose. This time that is not the case. Takes about 2 minutes, any amperage fuse. I pulled it out and it runs smooth and quiet. I'm surprised after maybe 10hrs total run time over 6 years.
Doug
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/17/18 04:08 PM

Call Meziere, they have top rate customer service.

My son had a pump about fifteen years and it needed some work. They repaired it and shipped it back the same day they got it.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/17/18 10:03 PM

Sounds like a bearing is seizing up.
Send it back. Meziere is a great company. You'll have it back in notime.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/17/18 10:13 PM

Check the amperage draw with an ammeter. Pump housing getting hot? You are using a relay?

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 01:34 AM

Just had it all apart. Fans, radiator, pump. Looks perfect, runs smooth. Put it back together, ran about 3 minutes. Wires are warm. Just ordered a new one fro summit. $237 shipped. By the time its sent back I'll bet it's every bit of that. My bet is the motor itself has an issue. I'll call tomorrow and get a quote. Leaving for Indy Thursday.
Doug
Posted By: humpty

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 01:50 AM

I’m betting you are right and the motor is bad. Something is grounding out. Condensation or a leaky seal allowing water to seep into the case.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 02:21 AM

Doug.. check for any loose wire connection..
being that it runs 3 mins under load thats
what I'd look for.. om my Rampage I had the
same issue.. it was a fuse holder.. it was
loose
wave
Posted By: SportF

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 02:26 AM

Mine got "fixed" by simply cleaning the commutator. They carbon up after a bit.

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 02:32 AM

Wiring was checked. When I have time I'll take it apart and see what I can find. You can't pull the armature out of the housing without damaging the seal. I have meeting tomorrow until late. Have to leave Thursday afternoon.
Doug
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 02:55 AM

Doug I took mine apart between time trials and eliminations at Keystone once. My brushes needed cleaned and I sanded the armiture some. I used a couple of paper clips to hold the brushes back in the brush holders. Small holes were provided for this. Simple fix in my case but yours may be a different issue
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mezier water pump blows fuse - 09/18/18 07:53 PM

Just send it back to Meziere, I have had a similar issues once before. You might be surprised by your bill...
© 2024 Moparts Forums