Moparts

Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat

Posted By: theraif

Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/29/18 09:40 PM

Drivers expected at Indy include John DeFlorian (shown), Trevor Eman, John Konigshofer, John Montecalvo, Elijah Morton, Dwayne Rice, Dillon Voss and Brad Waddle.

“We are looking forward to seeing the Mountain Motor Pro Stock class run at an NHRA national event,” said NHRA vice president of competition, Ned Walliser. “There’s been some interest in incorporating these cars into our current Pro Stock field. In order to determine if that’s even a possibility, we need to see these machines perform under the same conditions as our Pro Stock category.”
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 03:49 AM

I was so looking forward to this happening!!
About fifteen years ago...
Am I the only one who thinks the ship has sailed on normally aspirated door car racing??
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 03:57 AM

Well it can't be any worse than it is now, so worth a try I guess.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 04:04 AM

one aspect of N/A racing I really enjoy is the SS/AH deal at Indy. I find it fascinating as to who has built what engines. Kind of like when the Ogburn/Holton teams finally met the Barton cars oh so long ago... and then that cocky kid came on the scene and sent many packing never to be heard from again. Bucky thinking outside the box and recruiting Line to do a build.

The fire is gone, but there are still a couple hot spots.... it’s time to turn in your pinion snubber and turbo the toad Billy. If you showed up with that under the cloak of darkness it would knock your family off its axis!!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 05:01 PM

If this is a test to see how the MM cars compare I wonder how much sand bagging they'll do?
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 05:34 PM

Hell, many of are local grudge/street racing cars around here are all mountain motors these days. We have 6 or 7 over 900+" on 10-1/2" tires with 3,4,5 & even 6 kits on them & they are getting down & quickly on small tires....
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 05:37 PM

I can smell the desperation of the NHRA from a thousand miles away. What happens if the top IHRA cars outrun all of the top NHRA cars? The only IHRA name I recognize is Montecalvo. The rest of them might be rich tobacco farmers from the Dirty South for all I know.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 06:16 PM

Well I would hope the Mountain Motor cars can outrun the NHRA cars. They already do so why would they not at Indy??? Seems kind of obvious, the performance of those cars is pretty well known. No sense sandbaggain, they will all be running their 6.20's and .30's as they have been.

FWIW does IHRA have any relevance these days at all?
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Well I would hope the Mountain Motor cars can outrun the NHRA cars. They already do so why would they not at Indy??? Seems kind of obvious, the performance of those cars is pretty well known. No sense sandbaggain, they will all be running their 6.20's and .30's as they have been.

They got out of “ National event” pro car racing, and now are doing just sportsmen events.
I like them WAY more than NHRA, and they sanction a ton of tracks around the country including top notch facilities like US131 near me.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 07:09 PM

This won't fix Pro stock, just like EFI, RPM limits and that query looking no hood scoop body they have.

It's dead. NHRA isn't going to kill a class like they did Pro Stock Truck. They are going to let tha class dangle from a rope util it's blue and then kill it and not have a law suit.

I as one of the few who said all that [censored] wouldn't fix the class. And it didn't. Neither will this. Neither will running new generation engines like FSS.

Demographics have changed. The VAST MAJORITY of the spectators treat Pro Stock like Funny Car. They only look at the body, drivetrain doesn't matter.

Stick a fork in it. It's over.
Posted By: A/MP

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 08:43 PM

If the MM walked away with the Indy trophy, there'd be more tears in Indianapolis than water in the Mississippi.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By A/MP
If the MM walked away with the Indy trophy, there'd be more tears in Indianapolis than water in the Mississippi.

They wont be walking away with any trophy being that
they are exhibition cars.. its show
wave
Posted By: theraif

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 09:06 PM

i don't know why they said IHRA all these MM cars run PDRA now
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 08/30/18 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By theraif
i don't know why they said IHRA all these MM cars run PDRA now

Probably because those cars are definately most closely associated with IHRA, who made a special niche for them
Nobody since has even run them 1/4 mile anymore
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 09/02/18 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire

NHRA will slow the mountain motor cars down by implementing rules that make them "competitive".
Posted By: gofish

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 09/02/18 02:35 PM

Drivers expected at Indy include John DeFlorian (shown), Trevor Eman, John Konigshofer, John Montecalvo, Elijah Morton, Dwayne Rice, Dillon Voss and Brad Waddle.

“We are looking forward to seeing the Mountain Motor Pro Stock class run at an NHRA national event,” said NHRA vice president of competition, Ned Walliser. “There’s been some interest in incorporating these cars into our current Pro Stock field. In order to determine if that’s even a possibility, we need to see these machines perform under the same conditions as our Pro Stock category.”

In other words, NHRA is looking at dropping the 500 inch limit and let the current mountain motor Prostock cars compete to add to the car count.

Danny
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 09/02/18 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By gofish

In other words, NHRA is looking at dropping the 500 inch limit and let the current mountain motor Prostock cars compete to add to the car count.

Danny

I agree....
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Mountain Motor Pro Stocks to make exhibition runs at US Nat - 09/02/18 07:40 PM

I was talking to WJ about the mountain motor thing the other day, and he attributed the possibility of PS going to mountain motors to some person most likely living in moms basement who likes to stir up stuff (paraphrasing).

He also said anybody can drive one lol.As long as you hit the shift within 2000 rpm the car will run the same. All that torque doesn't car where you shift it. Obviously being funny about it, but he did say he'd build one if that's what it takes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums