Moparts

Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts

Posted By: WS68SSC

Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/14/18 01:47 AM

Does anyone know where I can locate replacement bolts for my vintage Cragar Super Trick wheels? ARP?
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/14/18 06:36 AM

I've considered doing the same thing and the ARP 12 pt stainless sure would look good but would be very expensive also. If you find a good source for some nice looking bolts let us know. Thanks, Max
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/14/18 07:43 AM

McMaster-Carr has stainless bolts in all sizes.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/14/18 06:21 PM

I used ARP bolts on my restored polished super tricks. Looks custome!
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/14/18 11:57 PM

Blofish, did you use the 12pt or regular headed bolt. When I had my wheels polished they polished the steel bolts that were in the wheels. Looked good for many years but now the steel bolts are beginning to rust a little. I even considered buying the Grade 2 stainless and polishing them myself but I hate those low grade bolts.

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/15/18 04:50 AM

Blucuda, I used the hex head bolts. They turned out really nice!
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/15/18 09:29 PM

The original Super Trick bolts were not even a grade rated bolt, no stamping or marks of any kind on the heads. Maybe thats why they started breaking off on my front wheels. I do remember when I changed mine out that they were fine thread .
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/15/18 10:30 PM

All the Cragar Super Tricks I've bought and used had grade 8 fine thread bolts in them confused
I had a set of them polished years ago and the shop bought a batch allen head type (I don't know the proper name of them, sorry) button head stainless steel that he had his polisher polish, they worked great thumbs scope
Posted By: markz528

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/16/18 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
McMaster-Carr has stainless bolts in all sizes.

Be careful - aluminum and stainless are far apart on the galvanic scale and with moisture severe corrosion can occur - pretty sure the aluminum would be sacrificed but I can't say with certainty.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/16/18 12:34 AM

I have a set of Super Tricks from the mid 70s. They have stainless bolts in them and AFIK. they've never been apart.

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/16/18 04:37 AM

I had two unopened bags of super trick nut/bolts from the 70’s. I sold them a few years back when I restored my polished set of tricks. Apparently they are hard to come by based on the selling price.

Re: Cragar Super Trick replacement wheel bolts - 08/18/18 01:05 AM

Billy, I just came across a full set of factory nuts and bolts if you strike out looking for originals.
© 2024 Moparts Forums