Moparts

Are these An older version KB 426 Hemi Rocker stand?

Posted By: Suregrip391

Are these An older version KB 426 Hemi Rocker stand? - 06/17/18 06:04 PM

I have a set of gold colored rocker stands and shafts for a 426 Hemi, these have been moth balled for years. The history on them is that they use to belong to famous drag racer Domenic Santucci and was a backup set, these have not seen much use. My questions are, does anyone recognize these? Are these KB stands? Can they be used on stock MP Performance aluminum heads? They don’t need any funky inserts or anything? I’m going to attempt to upload a picture using my iPad. This does not always end well.....thanks guys.

Attached picture 6D277CAB-E48D-450B-B021-4686332BD2B0.jpeg
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Are these An older version KB 426 Hemi Rocker stand? - 06/17/18 06:50 PM

Are the holes in the stands the same size as your head bolts / studs? A lot of the big racers used bigger bolts / studs
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: Are these An older version KB 426 Hemi Rocker stand? - 06/17/18 11:59 PM

I have a stock set of rocker assemblies and the hole measures the same size.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Are these An older version KB 426 Hemi Rocker stand? - 06/18/18 03:10 AM

When KB was making the blue ones for Mopar Performance he was selling gold ones over the counter. But they were much golder than that. He also used to do the polished/black oxide like that on the rocker arms. That treatment looks nice. Normally his rockers would have blue anodized, o-ring sealed plugs in the ends of the shafts. These look like they are for 1/2" studs but you say they measure the same as stock. His later rocker arm assemblies have steel inserts for the head bolts. From the era/age these are from they probably use stock 1/4" dowel pins in the bottom. I would guess they will work for your application. Hey, they look nice, I'd run em.
© 2024 Moparts Forums