Moparts

Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends

Posted By: dvw

Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 12:58 PM

It an unbelievable ride. 8 races, 7 finals. 6 wins and 1 split due to rain. 36 out of 37 rds won. This year's 20 rd win streak stopped with a red light last night. Time try it again today.
Doug
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 02:42 PM

A successful race program requires planning, mechanical prowess and driving ability. You sir, have all three. Congrats!
Posted By: dart games

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 03:07 PM

great job,i cant even buy a round,have 2 drag cars that run the numbers,but when I need to cut a good light in eliminations I cant
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 03:14 PM

Dang great job
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 03:30 PM

Great job Doug
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By dvw
It an unbelievable ride. 8 races, 7 finals. 6 wins and 1 split due to rain. 36 out of 37 rds won. This year's 20 rd win streak stopped with a red light last night. Time try it again today.
Doug

Unbelievable is right. Car and driver here are one bad unit. Plus, overcoming all the odds in the beginning of the season makes this streak even more spectacular.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 08:20 PM

Hell of a win streak for index and bracket racing DVW, never seen one as long, Congrats
Posted By: Jet Doc

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 09:07 PM

Nice job Doug!
Posted By: tex013

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/17/18 11:33 PM

good job , now to get back on that horse

Tex
Posted By: longram60

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 01:53 AM

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of you in the winners circle!

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 01:57 AM

Well I tried to get it done today. Wild weather swings of over 1000ft D/A change in the first few hours. Car was dead on the A/FX index (9.25). 9.254 in the 1st rd. the trouble set in for the 2nd rd. I got greedy an set it to run dead on at 9.250. It picked up .005 in 60ft when I expected it might slow down. Tight race as we both broke out by .0046. Had to go to .0000X to determine the winner (not printed on the slip). I was late and should have lifted as I didn't think I was going to get there. As it turned out he had me by .028 at the stripe. A couple week layoff and w'll try again.
Doug
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 04:51 AM

If you don't red light now and then your not trying hard enough, per Bill Bagshaw a long time ago work
Sometimes it pays to listen to your inner self, especially when drag racing work up
Posted By: Tommy D

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 02:32 PM

Doug, Congratulations. That's a hell of a streak. Mind giving us an idea of the average reaction time it takes to go on a streak like this? I'd guess an average of .015 or so?? If not, I understand. Just trying to get a glimpse into the success zone LOL.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 02:40 PM

So much for asking if I can borrow your lucky socks.......

You’ve been on a heck of a ride for sure! All of the hard work has paid off. Take a break and get back to whoopin’ some azz!!!

Randy
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 02:42 PM

You still won one race this past weekend - so the winning streak really continues! - but it was nice of you to let others take a win also!

You know you are doing good when they put a bounty on your head!

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By Tommy D
Doug, Congratulations. That's a hell of a streak. Mind giving us an idea of the average reaction time it takes to go on a streak like this? I'd guess an average of .015 or so?? If not, I understand. Just trying to get a glimpse into the success zone LOL.

Not as good as you would think. This is all non electronic, no staring line chip. I vary the R/T with starting line rpm. Try to hit my number within 50 rpm between 2700-3200. Also the weight of the car changes rd to rd to stay on index. My average was .035 this year. Only 3 runs over .042, only 4 runs less than .020. I've tried to sneak it closer,then you risk red. The key has been the car. Runs 9.25 index on 10.5 tire footbrake. The tuming to get it there has been a big part. Its been dead on .00x 70% of the time. There has been some luck for sure. But I've also had more than a few tight pacs as well, best .006.
Doug
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 02:56 PM

Im always impressed by the standards you set Doug; your thought process, meticluous car prep, and driving is a standout.

Kudos.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By LAD 524
Im always impressed by the standards you set Doug; your thought process, meticluous car prep, and driving is a standout.

Kudos.

iagree
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By Leigh
A successful race program requires planning, mechanical prowess and driving ability. You sir, have all three. Congrats!

iagree up
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 03:35 PM

Pretty safe to say you’ll own that record around here for a good long time. So obviously word got around Did you find people doing stupid stuff when they lined up against you?
Posted By: Tommy D

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 08:39 PM

Thanks for divulging that info. I had my Road Runner at Cecil County two weeks ago for their N/SS race. The '63 needs alignment after the disc brake upgrade. I lost first round to a .020 package. Just shook his hand and said congratulations. I don't know if i have a record of a pass that would have beaten that in the last five years. Good luck with the rest of your season. Tom

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 10:09 PM

Some yes. But most were gunning pretty tough. As far as a .20 pac, thats a winner near anywhere in 1/4 mile.
Doug
Posted By: 383man

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/18/18 11:35 PM

Nice going Doug. Course you know the old saying...….you cant win them all. But you seem to win most of them ! Ron
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Nothing lasts Forever. Win streak ends - 06/19/18 07:25 AM

That’s a helluva streak! Winning breeds confidence, and confidence breeds winning. I wish I knew what it felt like to stack up wins even remotely like this.... someday I will!

Keep it up, Doug!
© 2024 Moparts Forums