Moparts

Mopar Race at 42 update

Posted By: max_maniac

Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/06/18 05:33 AM

NSS and Hemi racers take note!!! NSS class is NMCA rules and open to ALL makes!!! NSS is $100 entry and purse pays winner $1500 and a dyno session at Best Machine!!!I On partners page we also have for the NSS class another $500 put up by BG's Main Event!!! More details on how this will be given out but read the flyer and you will have an idea as it will all go to NSS drivers. Also a special thanks to Alan Cox and Greg Travis for stepping up with products of Hogswipe and Superformance Products to class winners. Fred Burkhart also stepped up for the Hemi class and he can fill in more details on that class. This is the first Mopar race at this track in many years so lets all get behind this and make it grow into what it used to be. It is a brand new track and the surface is incredible. Come join the FUN!!!!!

Attached picture 42 - 1.jpg
Attached picture 42-2 .jpg

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/07/18 06:46 PM

Well we have some more good news!!!

Todd Marsh has stepped up and is throwing in some $$$ to sponsor the no box class at this race. Thanks to Todd Marsh Performance!!! Todd will also be at the track for the weekend and be set up on the Race side and will have parts for sale from gaskets, starters, carbs etc. and just about anything else that a Mopar racer may need to keep running at the track. Will also have some major parts such as heads, blocks, cranks and whatever he can fit in his trailer.

For the NSS class ONLY we will have some $$$$ for the Racers as below.

Dave Drummond - Hefty Hemi guy is putting up $100 to the #1 qualifier

BG's Main Event Bar and Grill - My Daughters place!!

$100 to the longest tow
$100 to the closest LOSING package in the 1st round of eliminations
$100 to the first NON Mopar to take out a Mopar in eliminations
$50 to the last place qualifier
$50 to the best RT in 1st round of elimination
$50 to the worst RT in 1st round of elimination
$50 to the 1st perfect RT .000 in elimination
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/07/18 07:56 PM

You guys will LOVE the track. I sure wish they bumped up the entry some so the race paid more out. I just can't justify the tow for the pay-out. Hope you have some GREAT weater. Be safe and have fun.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/07/18 11:52 PM

I'm looking forward to it for sure. trying to drag some new N/SS racers from up here as well. Russ, I still need a head count from your crew.
Doug
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 12:56 AM

I hope Todd from Marsh will have great deals going on

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By 67mprfan

I would have liked to see a set of small block Sidewinders to compare them to a set of ProMaxx heads.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By 67mprfan

I would have liked to see a set of small block Sidewinders to compare them to a set of ProMaxx heads.

You need to show up and see what he has.
$75 for a $1k race and paying back to 1/8's is pretty good.

I usually travel to keystone for BG event from central ohio.
Just went to quaker city last w/e for buckeye s/ss event.

Can't win if you don't go, and could miss out on a "show special" deal
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 03:09 AM

Yeah John plus I am going to be there, isn't that incentive enough to do a road trip??? stirthepot

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By dartman366
Yeah John plus I am going to be there, isn't that incentive enough to do a road trip??? stirthepot

At least the NNS guys are smart enough to raise entry a little and pay out 1500.00 to the winner. 50 minutes from home I pay 60.00 for a chance at 1500.00 at Keystone so its a no brainer for me. Heck it cost me 30.00 in tolls to tow from the Ohio line into PA 35 miles.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 03:29 AM

At least the NNS guys are smart enough to raise entry a little and pay out 1500.00 to the winner. 50 minutes from home I pay 60.00 for a chance at 1500.00 at Keystone so its a no brainer for me. Heck it cost me 30.00 in tolls to tow from the Ohio line into PA 35 miles.
well I am just happy that my cardio doctor gave me the A-ok to start racing again so I am just going to be happy as a dung beetle in a stockyard to be there makin' passes and setting new bests. up

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 04:26 AM

John this is the first Mopar race at this new track with new owners so it's a learning curve for them. At first they only were going to have a box/no box and street class and that's all. I called and discussed a few things with them and I added the NSS class, Fred Burkhart just added the early Hemi class and then they added a Q16 and late model Hemi. I'm sure if they see a good turnout that next year will be very different. Besides missing a really good race you are going to miss all the fine Mopar folks to sit and chat with as it's not all about the money!!! Have you won a race yet this year??

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By max_maniac

John this is the first Mopar race at this new track with new owners so it's a learning curve for them. At first they only were going to have a box/no box and street class and that's all. I called and discussed a few things with them and I added the NSS class, Fred Burkhart just added the early Hemi class and then they added a Q16 and late model Hemi. I'm sure if they see a good turnout that next year will be very different. Besides missing a really good race you are going to miss all the fine Mopar folks to sit and chat with as it's not all about the money!!! Have you won a race yet this year??

Heck no I never win and I hope this race is a great success. The track is fantastic and I love being with the Mopar guys. If I was 100’miles closer I would be there, trust me. It’s harder to make choices now with some many nice races. Like I said I was there last weekend, hopefully Keystone this weekend, then a long weekend sniper series at Keystone, then the make up divisional that was rained out, then the Curt George Memorial race. That finishes out June. Lol
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 04:47 AM

I'm going for the first time to Dragway 42 and this event. The fiancé, future father in law and I are coming up in motor home to spectate all weekend.

I thought about bringing the car but, I doubt I'll have it back together before then.

I need to start introducing myself to some of the guys on this board. I've been going to Mopar races for over 20 years now and barely know any of you personally.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 05:05 PM

Hey I posted this on Facebook but To you guys that are going if you get a chance hop on your quad or golf cart in the evening and take a ride up to the top of the hill. I sat at the 1/8 mile mark (1/8 mile race) last weekend and the view is so awesome. I haven’t seen that many guys sitting there watching a bracket race in years.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/08/18 08:03 PM

Depending on what happens tonight at test & tune we may take two Hemi cars out.
I wish we had a bit more notice, because this looks like a good one. Will defo put it on the calendar for next year. I would like to see this event get a good turnout for its innaugaral, the promoters are two pretty good guys and deserve it!

We'll see what we see.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/11/18 06:03 AM

Less then a week away!!! Mopar Mayhem at Dragway 42,

Featuring Best Machine Racing sponsored Nostalgia Super Stock!!!!

Come on out and have some fun...…… drive
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/11/18 06:33 PM

There is a 40% chance I will bring my car just to tune on it some in street trim.I will come to watch for sure.My car trailer has not move in over a yr so I am checking it out.
I am up to 60% going
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/11/18 06:55 PM

Getting my car back together and I have yet to run the Edelbrock carb yet let alone race it eek
Still on the list, mount slicks and tubes on new rims,mount and plumb regulator for Eddy carb,change oil,replace shifter,chassis inspection to check all components,still don't have a solid plan for a trailer so I might end up driving it out there like I usually do. Just taking a break for lunch and then back at it wrench
Oh yeah need to re-wire the 2-step now that I'm back to a HEMI box I hope doesn't break this weekend runaway

Hope I don't run out of time and money luck

Gus beer

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/11/18 08:55 PM

I am loaded and ready to rock.
Doug

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Doug
So am I, have been since last month, did back it out of the trailer and fired it up for a while this last weekend, my Thumper inspired dommy still sounds great, will be doing some dialing in on friday with the wide band. up

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

You going to give us a chance???
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 03:50 AM

mines on the lift. getting a nut and bolt and valve lash check. I have yet to go down the track this year. but me and the car will be there and do our best and hang out with my buds and have a good time.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By nss guy
Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

Sooner or latter this is going to end. If someone told me I would have won 30 of my last 31 rds I would have told them they were nuts. Just trying not to beat myself and let the chips fall where they fall.
Doug

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 04:54 PM

Here is the track layout

Attached picture dw42parking.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By Clanton
Here is the track layout

Thanks!!!

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 06:16 PM

If you go and if you are towing with a truck, and have access to a couple of bales of hay you may want to take it along. Especially if it rains anymore this week. There isn’t a bad pit spot at the track but when you pull off the asphalt to park there is about 2-3 feet of mud along the road that you will be driving your race car thru to pit. A vendor or someone was selling hay bales for 6.00 a piece two weekends ago while I was there.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 06:24 PM

I saw a couple of bails on the highway last week[3 or 4] in the devider,Now I know.I asked about driving in the pits to warm up the car and it is strongly encouraged to use jack stands but all roads on the east side of the track are ok to drive SLOW.This may help with the mud also.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 06:27 PM

The track has no power outlets so I predict lots of generators running all night.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/12/18 06:42 PM

The track has no power outlets so I predict lots of generators running all night.

I parked out past the ET shack by Larry smith and yes we used generators. I run my 2000 watt Honda inverter generator all night on low as I use a cpap to sleep. You can’t hear it from 20 feet away. Luckily there weren’t any cheapo brigs n crapin generators nearby.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/13/18 02:03 AM

Are we able to bring vehicles in on the pit side if we aren't racing? Is it extra?

Also, I will bring some corn hole boards. Maybe we can get a little tourney going after the races!

Thanks,
Casey FJ

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/13/18 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By Whompin_Wedge
Are we able to bring vehicles in on the pit side if we aren't racing? Is it extra?

Also, I will bring some corn hole boards. Maybe we can get a little tourney going after the races!

Thanks,
Casey FJ
I have seen other cars pass in front of the tower at other races but not many.Good question.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/13/18 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By Whompin_Wedge

Thanks,
Casey FJ

Yes come in on the pit side and no extra charge!!!

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/14/18 01:59 AM

hope to be rollin in around noon Friday.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/14/18 07:47 PM

Well my oil change and lash check showed me why the engine has been ticking a little louder than usual down I pulled the drain plug and there was a large wad of sticky gray matter attached to the magnet. Lash was wider than normal on 4 of the valves all the rest were on the money. I actually had to remove some of that crap from the drain plug hole so the oil would come out. I think it's time to step up to a roller so this doesn't happen again, that flat cam has been in there for about 6 years with zero issues.
Don't think I will be racing with you guys this weekend frowwn

Gus beer

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/15/18 04:56 PM

T-n-t starts at 3pm today I believe.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/16/18 03:32 AM

There is kind of a low car count[100/150 cars]I am sure more cars will show tomorrow.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/16/18 03:34 AM

here are a few cars

Attached picture S1250018.JPG
Attached picture S1250020.JPG
Attached picture S1250021.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/16/18 03:39 AM

Attached picture S1250031.JPG
Attached picture S1250038.JPG
Attached picture S1250039.JPG
Attached picture S1250043.JPG
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/16/18 04:20 AM

Thanks for the pics Mike!

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/16/18 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

Sooner or latter this is going to end. If someone told me I would have won 30 of my last 31 rds I would have told them they were nuts. Just trying not to beat myself and let the chips fall where they fall.
Doug

Well it didn't end today shruggy That awesome Plymouth was in the finals again today and I'm pretty sure he won.

Gus beer
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/17/18 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
Well my oil change and lash check showed me why the engine has been ticking a little louder than usual down I pulled the drain plug and there was a large wad of sticky gray matter attached to the magnet. Lash was wider than normal on 4 of the valves all the rest were on the money. I actually had to remove some of that crap from the drain plug hole so the oil would come out. I think it's time to step up to a roller so this doesn't happen again, that flat cam has been in there for about 6 years with zero issues.

Gus beer

Sorry to hear this Gus, that sucks.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport
Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy

Gus beer

Sorry to hear this Gus, that sucks.

Oh well I was thinking of going with a little more cam shruggy After doing some calculations it will cost me about $1500 to do the conversion to roller. So I will be going the flat tappet route again but with an EDM lifter deal for about half that money and the same performance gains.
Hope to have it together for Norwalk luck

Gus beer
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 04:53 AM

How was the turn out?

Who won?

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 05:01 AM

I thought the turnout was pretty good but not a ton of cars in the lanes.
I left early today so I don't know who won the final.There seemed to some confusion in the classes but every one I talked to had a good time.

Gus beer
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 05:08 AM

Thanks Gus,

I hope to see this race succeed.

Hopefully next year we'll be ready to go.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 12:38 PM

Friday N/SS gambler Doug Wright Win, Jim Guy R/U, Mike Dechiccho semi's
Saturday N/SS gamble Mike Dechiccho, Jim Guy R/U Joe Ewing semi's
Best Machine N/SS Sunday Win Jim Guy, Mike Dechiccho R/U, Barry Mccabe semi's.
Congrats to all. Jim and Mike were on it. I know had two very close races against them.
Doug
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 02:32 PM

It was a good first race back at Dragway 42 with 24 NSS cars - I think Russ Konkowski did a heck of a job putting the NSS race together in such a short time frame! And a Big Thank You goes out to Best Machine Racing Engines for their sponsorship of NSS! - Definately Doug Wright, Mike DeChicco and Jim Guy were on top of their game all weekend! The track is now a real facility and getting better all the time - Hopefully this will be back next year bigger and better!

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 03:35 PM

To add to the NSS Race at Dragway 42 we also had FUN while racing. We secured some extra $$$$ to play with and help support the class. Thanks to BG's Main Event, David Drummond and Joh Josai for putting up cash!!!!

The original plan was to be as below.
1. $100 to the #1 qualifier (from David Drummond)
2. $100 to the longest tow (from BG's)
3. $100 to the closest LOSING package in 1st round of elims (from BG's)
4. $100 to the first NON Mopar to take out a Mopar in elims (from BG's)
5. $50 to the last place qualifier (from BG's)
6. $50 to the best RT in the first round (from BG's)
7. $50 to the worst reaction time in the first round (from BG's)
8. $150 to the first driver to hit a perfect .000 in elimination (50 from BG's and 100 rom John Josai)

#1 went to Tim Helmick as #1 qualifier
#2 went to David Froman longest tow from Carolina
#3 went to Mike Ortel closest losing package
#4 we did not have a non Mopar car soooooo we took that $$$$ and pit a BOUNTY on Doug Wright. First driver to take him out would get the $$ and if Doug won the race he would get the extra $$. Well he did get knocked out by David Froman in a very very very close race. Thanks Doug for being a good sport even though we put $$$ on your head!!
#5 went to Terry Ewing for last place qualifier
#6 we to Joe Ewing for best RT in first round (his nick name is double o Joe)
#7 went to Rob Nobach for worst RT in first round
#8 No one had a perfect light so we added this extra $$$ to the RU winning

Thanks to BG's Main Event, David Drummond and John Josai for the support. Thanks to all that showed up for this FIRST event back at this track in many years and helped to make it a success. It can only get better in the future!!!!

Winner was Jim Guy $1500 and a free dyno session at Best Machine Racing
Mike DeChiccio for his RU
Barry McAbe semi finalist

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 04:25 PM

There is kind of a low car count[100/150 cars]I am sure more cars will show tomorrow.

I did not make it to the show/swap side but heard around 250 cars and there were plenty of spectators also at this race!!!

This show/race was a success for the first time at this track in several years. The race car count I heard on Saturday morning was at 182 and then there were about 10 cars that came in just on Sunday for the race so close to 200 with a short notice was awesome!!!!
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 06:20 PM

I really like the new Dragway 42 and the staff was great. Thanks to Best Machine and special thanks to Russ for making the NSS race possible. I think you might have some promoter talent in your veins,,,but, did you have to add my name in for the last place qualifier?
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 06:35 PM

Great Race and a really nice track.

My car was 1.35 60 ft every hit. Excluding when I broke the rocker shaft and when two step came unplugged in the final.

Description: Winner Circle
Attached picture Resized_20180617_155237_4444.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_4966.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By shorthorse
I really like the new Dragway 42 and the staff was great. Thanks to Best Machine and special thanks to Russ for making the NSS race possible. I think you might have some promoter talent in your veins,,,but, did you have to add my name in for the last place qualifier?

Oh no my mistake ------- that was just you in the "money" at the race!!!!

pity

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 07:30 PM

Thanks again Russ for making the NSS Race possible. And Best Machine and all the other sponsors. I had a great weekend, made 23 passes, 3 final rds. Whew.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 07:44 PM

Thanks again Russ for making the NSS Race possible. And Best Machine and all the other sponsors. I had a great weekend, made 23 passes, 3 final rds. Whew.

Yes Mr. Jim Guy was on a roll!!!!

RU in the Friday gamblers
RU in the Saturday gamblers
WINNER in the Sunday race program

Job well done --- bow
Posted By: cgall

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/18/18 07:58 PM

I had a great time at D42 even with the heat! Russ and the NSS put on a great show, there were a bunch of spectators that sat on the hill and watched each time the cars rolled out. I did not fare too well on track, gave away stripe .005 on Friday, got tossed out 3rd round on Saturday for a fuel leak, then went red on Sunday and parked it. As promised, the Cincinnati boys took home some West Salem money, as Rob Nixon won the No-box gambler on Friday and Saturday, and Don Stahl made it to semis on Saturday and Sunday in Box. It was a very good turnout on both sides, I enjoyed seeing a bunch of race and show cars I've never seen before.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/19/18 03:01 AM

It was great to meet you all and we had a great time despite the difficulties we had over the weekend. This is an EXCELLENT facility and seems to be run well.

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/19/18 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By HardcoreB
This is an EXCELLENT facility and seems to be run well.
for the most part, the crosstalk system seemed to kick their butts a couple of times lol
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Mopar Race at 42 update - 06/19/18 04:34 AM

#7 went to Rob Nobach for worst RT in first round. wow sorry rob it must have been real bad because I think mine started with a three. lol! sleep
© 2024 Moparts Forums