Moparts

Bottom Bulb Shootout

Posted By: kissmyaspen

Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/05/18 07:24 PM

Bottom Bulb SHootout July 14-15 @ National Trail Raceway Presented by DTG Promotions LLC. www.bottombulbshootout.com

Pre-registration will close June 30 at 5 and we will draw for a free weekend entry, both day buy back(if needed) and an event t-shirt. Let’s get ready for an exciting weekend of bracket racing Ohio. Pre-registration is 100% refundable.
https://squareup.com/store/dtg-promotions-llc

any questions call me 740-405-6151

Dustin

Attached picture bottom bulb shootout flyer.jpg
Attached picture dtg promotions black.png
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/05/18 07:43 PM

Bottom bulb? Dial ins or 10.50-11.00-11.50 ect. instant green? Fastest car will win in dial in if they have any smarts at all.

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/05/18 07:56 PM

No box race any dial in. Full .500 tree. No delay boxes allowed in car.
What do you mean by the faster car will win with dial in?
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/05/18 11:33 PM

Gonna try my best to make this for sure. Glad to see national trail is entertaining some bottom bulb racing. Lots of hitters out there, should be fun.

Wish more of these footbrake/bottom bulb races kept purses in the $5k range to keep entries reasonable. Looking forward to this.

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/06/18 12:25 AM

Hope you can make it. This is actually my event I’m renting the track. I have wanted to do this for about 5 years and finally pulled the trigger. I wanted to do a race that the average racer could race with not having to take out a loan.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/06/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By kissmyaspen
No box race any dial in. Full .500 tree. No delay boxes allowed in car.
What do you mean by the faster car will win with dial in?

Back in the 70s early 80s IHRA tried running off just the bottom bulb, no full tree. It didn't take long to figure how to win, find a car that's time was 1 tenth slower than you, so when his car moved you moved, not even looking at the tree. His reaction was slow because he had to wait to see green (bad reaction time) and you leaving on the last yellow.
That idea lasted about half a summer and hit the sh$t can.
Like one side using instant green and other using full tree.
Sounded like that of way it was worded.

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 06/21/18 09:40 PM

Bump
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Bottom Bulb Shootout - 07/14/18 03:57 PM

Bump...awesome weather for a two day event this weekend in case anyone is looking for an excuse to get out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums