Moparts

rod end caps

Posted By: bonefish

rod end caps - 05/29/18 06:46 PM

what method do you guys use to get them off.ive never had this much trouble before.eagle h-beam,they are in a motor.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: rod end caps - 05/29/18 07:18 PM

I undo the bolt about 4 or 5 turns and hit it with a rubber mallet each side or the handle
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: rod end caps - 05/29/18 07:29 PM

I take the jaw inserts off my vise and mount them with just 1 bolt on each side leaving them stick out of one side of the vise. Slid a section of heater hose over them and open the jaws to pull the halves of the rod apart.

Re: rod end caps - 05/29/18 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By Clanton
I undo the bolt about 4 or 5 turns and hit it with a rubber mallet each side or the handle
THANKS,works like a charm up

Re: rod end caps - 05/29/18 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By 67_Satellite
I take the jaw inserts off my vise and mount them with just 1 bolt on each side leaving them stick out of one side of the vise. Slid a section of heater hose over them and open the jaws to pull the halves of the rod apart.
THANKS,but these are in the motor.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: rod end caps - 05/29/18 08:21 PM

up iagree
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: rod end caps - 05/29/18 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By bonefish

A brass drift on the loosen bolts will drive the rods up away from the caps also scope hammer grin up
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: rod end caps - 05/30/18 02:14 AM

Same thing here.. thats all I do on any of
my rods
wave
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: rod end caps - 05/30/18 04:54 AM

Me too. Same as these guys.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: rod end caps - 05/30/18 05:46 AM

Me too, some judicious easy taps with a piece of wood/small hammer till it starts to move up a bit
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: rod end caps - 05/30/18 02:54 PM

I use one of these when the rods are out of the car:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67905
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: rod end caps - 05/30/18 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By bonefish
Sorry. Thats what i get for posting from my phone without glasses.
© 2024 Moparts Forums