Moparts

9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car?

Posted By: gsmopar

9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 06:02 PM

http://www.1320video.com/old-hemi-cuda-beats-new-muscle/
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 07:12 PM

Now that was impressive. up That gentleman was on the money every time and had that 'cuda cookin'. boogie

Tim
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 07:13 PM

His name is Randy, out of Austin Texas Area. I know him from Drag Week, great guy, awesome car. I think he lurks here on occasion but I do not know if he has a screen name. He sure cleaned up those two index classes!
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 07:21 PM

I've never heard a hemicuda referred to as a "land yacht".
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 08:00 PM

Any details on the set up? Car weight, suspension, the hemi...
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 08:04 PM

Awesome. Old school does it again.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 08:32 PM

It's fast and he can drive it, cool deal.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 10:27 PM

Awesome video, I've watched it a few times.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 10:59 PM

One cool dude right there...…
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/28/18 11:02 PM

Scott Brown who was driving "Capone" the 9 second LS powered 53 Chevy that lost to Randy in the 10.0 final posted the time slip. Not bad for two guys trying to slow down.

Attached picture 33715992_2089888924358955_3637249082465976320_n.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/29/18 12:57 AM

Funny that it's dressed as an AAR, but what a nice car and a friendly, humble guy. Love it when a car is faster than it looks. Also love it when the "old stuff" takes the respect it deserves.
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/29/18 03:05 AM

Awesome and yeah what a great time slip/race
Posted By: dvw

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/29/18 03:22 AM

Plenty quick for 10-1 compression.
Doug
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/29/18 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By topside
Love it when a car is faster than it looks.

That's awesome.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/29/18 04:14 PM

Ya - that's impressive! From what I can see, EFI, dual throttle body with fuel rails so port injection. Vacuum pump, Fuel Labs Filter mounted on the driver's side inner fender well. MSD Billet distributor and MSD control box mounted in the factory battery location probably to reduce noise between ignition and EFI. He's running the FHO Shaker baseplate for the Stage V Manifold since it has the 440 6-bbl lid and that looks like a K&N 1980 Filter. Auto trans. Front shock absorber studs are missing so must be a coil-over K-Frame. CalTrac style rear suspension. Beadlocks on the rear. Gas tank with sump so external in-line fuel pump. Very nice build and it runs the number. Land-Yacht? He's lighter than all those very heavy new cars. Fiberglass hood and judging by the bow in the deck lid, that's also fiberglass using the factory hinge set-up and at least one torsion bar. Rear bumper is missing the bumperettes and both bumpers are painted so you can bet they are fiberglass. And wait ... is that a rear swaybar? Why yes, I believe it is.

I like the way he does the Hemi combustion chamber with his hands when asked about the power adder! I'll have to use that one someday wink
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/29/18 11:09 PM

Randy is a customer, motor is a 528 aluminum Hemi, runner-up at DW last year, averaged like 9.45, even though he lost first gear in the trans the first day and was launching the rest of the week (and this night at the track) in second gear, best pass at DW was a 9.35, car weighs 3600 w/driver, has our CalTracs and springs, moved inboard 3/4".
Posted By: racerx

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By johnnycuda
Randy is a customer, motor is a 528 aluminum Hemi, runner-up at DW last year, averaged like 9.45, even though he lost first gear in the trans the first day and was launching the rest of the week (and this night at the track) in second gear, best pass at DW was a 9.35, car weighs 3600 w/driver, has our CalTracs and springs, moved inboard 3/4".

Any ideal on the 60' with the calTracs?

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By rumblefish72
Ya - that's impressive! From what I can see, EFI, dual throttle body with fuel rails so port injection. Vacuum pump, Fuel Labs Filter mounted on the driver's side inner fender well. MSD Billet distributor and MSD control box mounted in the factory battery location probably to reduce noise between ignition and EFI. He's running the FHO Shaker baseplate for the Stage V Manifold since it has the 440 6-bbl lid and that looks like a K&N 1980 Filter. Auto trans. Front shock absorber studs are missing so must be a coil-over K-Frame. CalTrac style rear suspension. Beadlocks on the rear. Gas tank with sump so external in-line fuel pump. Very nice build and it runs the number. Land-Yacht? He's lighter than all those very heavy new cars. Fiberglass hood and judging by the bow in the deck lid, that's also fiberglass using the factory hinge set-up and at least one torsion bar. Rear bumper is missing the bumperettes and both bumpers are painted so you can bet they are fiberglass.

I like the way he does the Hemi combustion chamber with his hands when asked about the power adder! I'll have to use that one someday wink

Man you good I sight..... smile
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 02:47 PM

Good video!

I liked what the guy in the Demon said...

"I can't snatch his soul, it already belongs to Mopar."

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 08:17 PM

I talked to him yesterday, I believe he mentioned the 60' were around the 1.36, leaving in second.

Originally Posted By racerx

Posted By: GY3

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 08:34 PM

I talked to him yesterday, I believe he mentioned the 60' were around the 1.36, leaving in second.

Pretty stout!

I leave in 2nd when traction is limited or when I'm using true street radials. 1.72 is the best I've pulled off with them and Cal-Tracs.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 08:34 PM

The time slip for the championship 10.00 run is on the first page ... 1.61 60'. 10.009 on a 10.000 index is slicing hairs to long way! That's pretty close to breaking out. And wining the 9.50 class at the same event ... priceless. I bet a lot of people in the pits were talking about that Purple AAR 'Cuda.

I'd be putting some of my winning $$$ into the basket at Church thanking God for the help.

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 11:08 PM

up

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/30/18 11:09 PM

He lost first gear at DW last year, not sure if he got it fixed, or is leaving in second because he wants to, either way, car is a bad sumbitch, and Randy is super nice and cool to talk with.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/31/18 01:03 AM

It gives me hope that my 572 will run good too....
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 05/31/18 02:08 AM

Do you know if he has a 727 and a gear vendor in the car???

Re: 9 second hemi cuda, anyone know this car? - 06/01/18 07:57 PM

Yes, has a 727 with a Gear Vendor, has a 4.30 rear gear set.
He said first gear is fixed, issue was caused by a aluminum drum, some aluminum from it made its way into the valve body.
© 2024 Moparts Forums