Moparts

Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB

Posted By: Pockets

Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB - 05/27/18 03:58 PM

On a 440 RB build, can the performer rpm intake have the exhaust crossover milled down enough to clear a flat valley pan such as the trick flow model? In the process of finishing a build, and installed the trick flow pan, and didn’t realize the performer rpm intake would hit it, and not allow the intake to be bolted on. Using performer rpm heads.
Have had issues in the past with the factory style pan cracking and leaking. This engine is going into a mud bog truck, and we do not want to need to worry about that issue, and mud/water getting into the engine.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB - 05/27/18 05:21 PM

Yes you can mill it.

The pan cracking is a sign of another problem in you motor.

Re: Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB - 05/27/18 07:44 PM

This is a fresh build, the problem with the pan was on a different engine and on a stocker.

What problem would cause this to happen?
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB - 05/27/18 09:04 PM

The only time I had a valley pan split was when a exhaust lobe ground off causing extreme pressure buildup in the crank case. It bulged up and split down the center. Pulled the engine apart ,found the problem , changed out the cam/lifters and all was good. Never had it happen on any other engine.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB - 05/28/18 01:22 AM

With no heat crossover in the heads you can just remove it. I use an Indy valley cover with a Performer RPM and I just cut it off with a cut-off wheel.

Gus beer

Re: Mods to fit Performer rpm intake with flat valley pan RB - 05/30/18 07:11 AM

Thanks for the replies!
© 2024 Moparts Forums