Moparts

They did it to me again. Thanks Summit

Posted By: pittsburghracer

They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 05:50 PM

I am constantly throwing stuff in my cart at Summit so when I need something quickly I can add the cart stuff to qualify for the free shipping. When the stuff comes I grab it out of the box and throw the slips in a pile for my tax returns. Well I needed a part number from something I ordered before so I grabbed my slips and started going through the ones from 2018 and there it was. A 20.00 off coupon on my next 100.00 order from a slip in January. Thank God its good till the middle of July. Check your slips guys and THANKS again Summit Racing.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 05:56 PM

I'm happy to hear a good comment, relieved, really. Seems like all we get is bad comments, making it easy to be pessimistic about life.
Thanks!
R.

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By dogdays
I'm happy to hear a good comment, relieved, really. Seems like all we get is bad comments, making it easy to be pessimistic about life.
Thanks!
R.

WOW I'm shocked to hear that. I've never had anything but GREAT service over the years from Summit Racing and they continue to be my number one place to go. Heck I still have some Free razors, hats, the 5 hour energy's are gone lol, still have my FREE 25 year Anniversary jacket that I hope to fit in again SOMEDAY and I think a free shirt or two over the years.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 07:24 PM

Summit is my go to for standard, off the shelf stuff. The other guys use shippers who act like I'm 100 miles from civilization and it takes an extra day. That and the Summit website is about 1000 time easier to use.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Thanks!
R.

WOW I'm shocked to hear that. I've never had anything but GREAT service over the years from Summit Racing and they continue to be my number one place to go. Heck I still have some Free razors, hats, the 5 hour energy's are gone lol, still have my FREE 25 year Anniversary jacket that I hope to fit in again SOMEDAY and I think a free shirt or two over the years.

I need some more of those Hydro razors, I'm out. I haven't shaved since I ran out. My beard is getting awfully long.lol

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By Sammy
Thanks!
R.

I need some more of those Hydro razors, I'm out. I haven't shaved since I ran out. My beard is getting awfully long.lol

You and I both. Man they were the cat's meow. Don't ask me what that means, as my Dad used to say it.
Posted By: moetown

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 08:28 PM

Summit's service is the best.
If I order a gizmotron Wednesday night, it will be at the moemansion by Friday pm.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 09:03 PM

I have used Summit on several ocasions and have been satisfied with their service most of that was back when I was building my 512, but I have to say I have been dealing with Jegs for over 35 years and have yet to have bad service or a problem with them, now I know that cannot be said by everyone but that holds true with summit also, the second best supplier has been Competition Products but their selection is more limited and chevy and stock car they still have treated me well on orders that I have put in with them. up
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/15/18 11:42 PM

I ordered all that I needed when Jegs sponsored the Mopar Cars despite an average to poor website interface and search engine.

I just find it less user friendly than Summit, that and the 10% is now why almost exclusively shop Summit. I have plenty of purchases without the discount as well
Posted By: moetown

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By dartman366
I have used Summit on several ocasions and have been satisfied with their service most of that was back when I was building my 512, but I have to say I have been dealing with Jegs for over 35 years and have yet to have bad service or a problem with them, now I know that cannot be said by everyone but that holds true with summit also, the second best supplier has been Competition Products but their selection is more limited and chevy and stock car they still have treated me well on orders that I have put in with them. up

I need to keep an eye on jegs.
They had same geared engine stand I got from summit, 40.00 cheaper.
I would have bought 2 stands at that price.
I just happen to check jegs right after I purchased from summit, same day. I always assumed they were both close in prices, NOT.

I like competition products for engine parts.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 12:53 AM

I have to say I have been dealing with Jegs for over 35 years and have yet to have bad service or a problem with them.

I haven't had any problems with Jegs, either. Just their crappy website and the PITA that it is to find what you need on it. But, since I pass it twice a day going to and from work(and it's not too far out of the way if I have to swing by the warehouse because 11th Avenue doesn't have it), it's pretty convenient. I do find myself driving to Summit if I am getting parts on my day off, just so I don't have to go to Columbus again.
Posted By: topside

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 01:02 AM

Both good outfits, usually same prices, though I've found that Summit's shipping is the faster of the two.
I still like catalogs, and Summit's is way better than Jeg's; websites are the same story to a lesser degree for me.
Last Jeg's order included valve stems, which were pictured as a pair so I bought 2; each turned out to be set of 4, so now I have 8. But they were inexpensive, so no worries, and I can think of worse problems to have...
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 01:08 AM

I think my biggest peeve with Jegs is when I placing an online order. Placing Summit orders online, you always have the option of picking it up at the store. Not so much with Jegs.
Anyway. Summit is awesome. I ordered a couple tires early this year or late last year. They pulled them by the tag on the tire, and one was mislabeled. I called them on a Saturday, the replacement tire was there by Tuesday and the UPS guy picked up the wrong one on Monday, I believe. Smooth and painless.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar
I have to say I have been dealing with Jegs for over 35 years and have yet to have bad service or a problem with them.

I haven't had any problems with Jegs, either. Just their crappy website and the PITA that it is to find what you need on it. But, since I pass it twice a day going to and from work(and it's not too far out of the way if I have to swing by the warehouse because 11th Avenue doesn't have it), it's pretty convenient. I do find myself driving to Summit if I am getting parts on my day off, just so I don't have to go to Columbus again.
I understand about Columbus especially during orange barrel season, guess I am lucky as I hit I-71 at Sunbury and straight down to 11th ave then straight back up so it's usually not bad and Delaware isn't to far off the beaten path for me if I have to pick somthing up there,, as far as the web site it could be a lot more user friendly in my opinion and I have told them that many times at the 11th ave main store and they have said they totally agree and have told upper management but we all know how that works.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 07:43 AM

Damn! Doesn't anyone just call anymore? shruggy Whenever I need something I look it up in the catalog or on the website and just call. I used Jegs for a few years because when they first came out with the racer discounts, Summit required a 9.90 license and Jegs just needed your ET#. I use both but more Summit and Figspeed. Figspeed has the best prices on RacePak stuff and a TON more racing knowledge than most you could talk to at the box places. Summit is awesome though... up
Posted By: peabodyracing

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 01:22 PM

I order from Summit and from Jegs and have no complaints on either. I'm impressed when outfits of their size can keep their act together day after day. Shipping has always been quick.

Have noticed Jegs puts some super deals up on Ebay sometimes. I usually stumble onto the listings but have made some really good buys there.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 02:07 PM

Cool! No complaints here of Summit or Jegs. If i order by phone before noon, i will have my order next morning. I have only had issues with large orders and from both Jegs and Summit, but they took care of the issue right away.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 04:25 PM

I have had great luck with both but usually use summit because the website is so much better. I have tried to stay local on some stuff lately because the local speedshop has been very competitive with Summit.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/16/18 09:11 PM

When I saw the title I thought it was a complaint! Good to hear all is well & that Summitt is good people to deal with.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/17/18 12:45 AM

I drive right past Summit twice a day and it's kinda nice to just pull up a part number at work and pick it up on the way home thumbs

Gus beer

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/17/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By Sammy
Thanks!
R.

LOL. Look at what I found in one of my drawers today. I'm a lucky man.

Untitled by John Cadamore, on Flickr
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/17/18 03:38 AM

I use them a lot and most times the stuff ships to me in around 1 week to Australia. Only problem for us guys is the shipping or post prices, ohhhhh and the crappy exchange rate of our $$$$ , just paid well over $300 Aussie for a set of cometic head gaskets.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: They did it to me again. Thanks Summit - 05/17/18 05:03 AM

The last order I submitted to Summit I placed around 6:00 at night and it was actually on my doorstep by 4:00 the next day. Amazing service. I need to place a large order now and going through my invoices to see if I can find a discount code.
© 2024 Moparts Forums