Moparts

Cool carb

Posted By: BloFish

Cool carb - 04/17/18 05:11 AM

Anyone use it, or have an opinion on its effectiveness to keep heat away from the carb?

http://www.coolcarb.com/order-products.html
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Cool carb - 04/17/18 01:42 PM

Holley sold something like that a long time ago. As to the effectiveness on a carb drag car, if it were worth its weight in power, every PS car (before efi) would have ran it, or something like it. JMO

Another reason I'm deeply saddened by the current state of PS. Anyting you ever wondered about working or not could be summed up by a walk through the PS pits lol. Free, accurate, tried and true R+D.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Cool carb - 04/17/18 03:18 PM

PS cars don't run long enough to worry about heat soak. The real test is NASCAR.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Cool carb - 04/17/18 03:28 PM

What is Eledbrock? shruggy
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Cool carb - 04/18/18 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By tboomer
What is Eledbrock? shruggy

It’s just another way of saying “elderbrock”. 😆
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Cool carb - 04/18/18 05:32 AM

I just use a small plastic "phenolic" spacer.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Cool carb - 04/19/18 02:16 AM

I have been running a Cool Carb heat shield and two spacers for 5 years now on my street 340. You can definitely feel a difference in the temp of the bowls before and after. But you have to be careful because they have a max temp of around 275-300 degrees. They will melt if you get them too hot which another member showed me back when I was looking into buying. But mine still look to be in great shape when I last took the carb off over this Winter.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Cool carb - 04/19/18 02:48 AM

I met the owner at Carlisle and tried them.I will say they are a great product, and great customer service.
Posted By: A/MP

Re: Cool carb - 04/19/18 09:13 AM

Not knocking this product but I found 2 things that help. You can buy an aftermarket carb/manifold gasket that has and aluminum layer placed between the the gasket layers, slightly thicker than factory gasket(double up on the gaskets works better) and the other is to wrap the carb studs or bolts with LP teflon tape. LP tape is thicker than regular teflon pipe tape. Stops the heat from wicking up from the intake to the studs and then the carb. Simple and effective.
© 2024 Moparts Forums