Moparts

cometics and torquing the heads SBM

Posted By: Moparnut426

cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/17/18 02:37 AM

Is there any special torque spec for the SBM using ARP bolts with aluminum heads? I torqued them down to 110lb ft with the old felpro gaskets, but after I went through the engine this winter I cant seem to find the spec. I haven't seen anything on Cometics web site either.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/18/18 03:40 AM

honestly don't remember anything out of the norm, but here's a bump
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/18/18 05:56 AM

ARP has the spec for the bolts
Posted By: GY3

Re: cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/18/18 06:22 AM

I use the fastener mfg. specs and torque them in 3 equal steps.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/18/18 06:27 AM

If you Google ARP torque specs , it list torque specs for each size and rating of their bolts and studs. Also if you Google Cometic gaskets it says to torque to the bolt or stud specs. in proper torque pattern.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/18/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By Moparnut426
Is there any special torque spec for the SBM using ARP bolts with aluminum heads? I torqued them down to 110lb ft with the old felpro gaskets, but after I went through the engine this winter I cant seem to find the spec. I haven't seen anything on Cometics web site either.
check should be whatever the Machine Shop used on the torque plate typically the gasket manufacturer will not recommend a torque spec that would be The Machinist
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: cometics and torquing the heads SBM - 04/18/18 06:44 PM

Thanks guys...

I couldn't find anything on cometics site but I also was on my phone at that time with itty bitty script lol

ill look up ARP

Kasey
© 2024 Moparts Forums