Moparts

New racing organization

Posted By: CMcAllister

New racing organization - 04/11/18 09:20 PM

We have 4-wide and no prep, street outlaws and demo derby drags, nostalgia and drag radial, grudge and no time...and now this.

Not sure what to say except it's brought to us by the same group that stuck the fork in IHRA.

http://raceirra.com/
Posted By: Porter67

Re: New racing organization - 04/11/18 10:27 PM

Perfect for the guys who cant build cars that launch.

But what the heck, might be fun to watch.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: New racing organization - 04/11/18 10:31 PM

I enjoy watching drag boat racing and they "roll race" but I can understand why they do it. I can't even use the word I want to use for roll drag car racing as I would probably be banned. LOL
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: New racing organization - 04/11/18 11:16 PM

The more racing venues, the better. More racing helps keep the tracks, the performance aftermarket, and the automotive press in business. That helps all racers.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 01:20 AM

That's been going on for awhile, I've seen a lot of videos on youtube.
Some areas have 1/2 mile and one mile tracks for top speed, I believe there's one in Columbus Ohio along with the Texas mile etc. Places that don't have that are using dragstrips, and straightaways on oval tracks to roll race. I don't really get it but I'm sure they have their reasons.
I saw cars crossing at 177mph without parachutes, not sure what the rules are.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 01:58 AM

Finally a place to race our 911SC. I will admit it has been down the track a time or two but it is WAY more fun from a roll smile

Bandimere in Denver has been doing this for a few years as has The Motorplex I belive.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 06:05 AM

Roll racing probably started in Detroit a long time ago, I remember reading about a 1974 to 1976 Mustang Two with a 460 Ford CJ type motor in it with a Lenco 4 speed in either Hot Rod or Car Craft that raced on one of the highways back there starting around 60 MPH and stopping at what ever speed the other car was close to him at that couldn't keep up, supposedly north of 160 MPH shruggy
Maybe it started in the horse and buggy days work grin
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
demo derby drags

What??
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 06:58 AM

Oh, and for roll racing... Meh.

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar
Originally Posted By CMcAllister
demo derby drags

What??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_OUGYul7bQ

Re: New racing organization - 04/12/18 07:29 PM

Yeah we did the "race from a roll" thing when we were kids. On the interstate or where ever. Not as obvious as a standing start with somebody in the middle of the highway flagging them off. I just didn't know it was an organized thing. Butt for every seat I guess.
© 2024 Moparts Forums