Moparts

Hemi Car

Posted By: hemi-challenger

Hemi Car - 04/11/18 05:57 PM

Please don,t move this:
I never heard of this kind of auctions before, has anyone else heard of one. 1966 Dodge Factory REAL Hemi Car for a $25.00 register fee and 1 penny bet at a time. This could be a easy way to buy a real factory Hemi Car. The Auction only last one hour from what I have heard.
Thanks / Gary http://bid.casselauctions.com/cgi-bin/mncal.cgi?cassel
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: Hemi Car - 04/11/18 06:54 PM

Pretty sure I know that car, It was on eBay not to long ago, don't think it meet the reserve. My have a reserve now as well, not sure I have never seen that type of auction.
Matt
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Hemi Car - 04/11/18 07:04 PM

I hear all my buddies talking about it & guys here at work doing this new thing called a waffle (not a raffle) that would make it illegal. They sell tickets of some sort of the item or vehicle they are selling to get their asking price or more out of the item. I haven't looked into it or know all of the details. More of a facebook thing I guess?
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: Hemi Car - 04/12/18 04:08 AM

3,000 register at $25 and the seller gets the $75,000 plus whatever the “penny” auction brings. This kind of scam isn’t anything new...
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Hemi Car - 04/12/18 06:10 PM

Did they ever give a date and time? Sounds like they may be waiting for the registration to hit a number.

More like a lottery than a auction, I don't see how the bid could get much more than $10,000 if its on the up and up, which is a question.
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: Hemi Car - 04/12/18 07:07 PM

I was able to get more information, Don't think this is any type of scam at all. The car will come up probably when they hit a certain number of registration tickets and then auction will be started. Everyone that registers for the car bid get a email letting them know exactly when the bid will be. The bid will be for one hour only and if all registered people bid, don't believe could ever get over 3 to 5 thousand penny's. If Im lucky enough to win the bid could own the car for $25.00 bid and
$ 500.00 dollars. I definitely will be trying my luck on this.
Thanks / Gary
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Hemi Car - 04/12/18 07:54 PM

How can you have any assurance that it is legit? It could be pre-arranged that the sellers buddy wins the auction. I found out that is how some of these parts raffles on facebook work.
Posted By: ThatDarnCat

Re: Hemi Car - 04/12/18 11:49 PM

Calling it a "Waffle" doesn't make it any more legal, maybe just less likely to turn up on any search the authorities might be doing, although by now they are probably onto this ruse. And Hemi Joel brings up a good point, there have been a couple reports recently that caught people using fake random number generating programs. The raffle goes live, and they show you the program on the computer looking legit, but the link has been re-directed to a fake site that is not actually picking a random number, but one that has been pre-selected. Even if the random entry number picked is legit, no guarantee the authorities may not impound your winning prize during an investigation. I know this stuff Is popular, but as the items involved have become more valuable, and scams have started to creep in, you can bet they have gained the attention of authorities, especially if they're not getting their cut. Participant beware.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Hemi Car - 04/28/18 06:07 AM

Does anyone know anything about the car?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Hemi Car - 04/28/18 10:13 PM

Just buy lotto tickets,your chances are better smoke
© 2024 Moparts Forums