Moparts

LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR...............

Posted By: Thumperdart

LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 07:34 PM

Well, got the tubes in mt QTP'S and a BLP Billet 1230+ cfm carb on THUMPER so I say a 1.32 60, 6.09 @ 113+................. luck beer drive What do the pros think............
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 07:48 PM

No guesses from me but goodluck. You worked hard for it.

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 08:28 PM

I will report back later tonight.............
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 08:42 PM

[quote=Thumperdart]Well, got the tubes in mt QTP'S and a BLP Billet 1230+ cfm carb on THUMPER so I say a 1.32 60, 6.09 @ 113+................. luck beer drive What do the pros think............

I went ahead and printed one for you Dom.
You'll get there, I'm sure of it! Besides this was with your carb!

Attached picture IMG_20180324_145258990-600x800.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 08:54 PM

I wont bother to guess either as I know Irwindale can be a finicky place at times. But go have fun and hopefully something good happens. I imagine Ill see a video before the night is over smile
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 08:56 PM

Good luck Dom.
Posted By: racerx

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 09:44 PM

1230cfm is a lot of carb on a 470" ,but I no you the carb man so go get'em and report back with a video scope. up
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
1230cfm is a lot of carb on a 470"

Then you REALLY don't wanna know how big of a carb we run on the SB..
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Originally Posted By racerx
1230cfm is a lot of carb on a 470"

Then you REALLY don't wanna know how big of a carb we run on the SB..
I'm betting around 600 CFM per hole.lol wave4
Posted By: BradH

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
Good luck Dom.

x2
Posted By: Dart451

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 11:00 PM

drinking
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 11:03 PM

Fetch a good number Chief.
Good luck.

L.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/29/18 11:30 PM

If it sticks, you should be close....
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 12:21 AM

Go gittum Dom!
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 12:38 AM

The suspense is killing me.... oh wait its only like 2 there.... carry on. LOL
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 12:39 AM

You got this Dom!!
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 01:13 AM

Go get 'em, Dom! You got this. up
Posted By: RustyM

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 07:33 AM

Good luck Dom- can’t wait to hear how she went .
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 07:44 AM

SEND IT !
Posted By: Dadodgekid

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 08:58 AM

popcorn

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 10:47 AM

I wish Mikey.............So, the first pass I foot braked to about 2200 then did the biggest wheelie ever and was told it was about 2' in the air and felt amazing then I grabbed 2nd and pounded the brakes and went a 1.34 60 ft. Second pass crappy burn out which I seem to be a pro at and I left a bit higher then spun a bit so you guessed it, pounded the brakes and prepared for what I thought was my last pass and then I got in the EX lane and they were closed. I asked if I could get in the street lanes for one last pass which I did before and the "new rules" say no so, never grabbed 3rd gear for the first time ever and again fell short so I'm goin back to street racing real soon where I seem to be a natural and do WAY better than at the track...........Worse two outings back to back ever since I started racing in the early 90's and why I hate the limitations of tracks but if I was legal then this crap wouldn't happen so it's my fault completely and that 1st pass would of been the one plus the billet carb worked flawless just like on the street................ beer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 01:45 PM

Sorry you didn’t get the results you expected but I hope you have a great Birthday Weekend
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 02:45 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't get the slip you were looking for. I have been down the track maybe 50 or 60 times and i can only remember leaving satisfied with my time slips 3 times. That track is the master humbler.
Posted By: dvw

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 04:15 PM

Takes a lot of time to sort stuff out. This especially true if you are trying to race and sort on the same pass. I have nearly 500 passes in my current ride. Still working on it. It still has the same heads, cam, intake, carbs, compression, headers it started with 5 years ago. Started at 9.40, been a best of 9.04. It's time consuming and every change isn't always rewarding.
Doug

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 05:56 PM

I always give props to you guys/gals that get it done and have much respect for all of you cos my dumb azz just can't seem to repeat from the burnout to leave rpm's etc...........I may head back next Thu. just to put this crap behind me and get that 6.0? after all......... beer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 06:40 PM

The challenge is what makes it fun. You got to be perfect every time.

Sounds like the shocks are working out. The 1st time the front end comes up catches everyone off guard 😎

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 08:30 PM

What sukz is that I have to lift and pound brakes which kills the learning curve and makes it a pain so maybe a CM kit and my friend and I cage this pig............. work
Posted By: BradH

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
... I'm goin back to street racing real soon where I seem to be a natural and do WAY better than at the track...

Does it wheelie on the street now, too? devil

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 09:22 PM

I wish Mikey.............So, the first pass I foot braked to about 2200 then did the biggest wheelie ever and was told it was about 2' in the air and felt amazing then I grabbed 2nd and pounded the brakes and went a 1.34 60 ft. Second pass crappy burn out which I seem to be a pro at and I left a bit higher then spun a bit so you guessed it, pounded the brakes and prepared for what I thought was my last pass and then I got in the EX lane and they were closed. I asked if I could get in the street lanes for one last pass which I did before and the "new rules" say no so, never grabbed 3rd gear for the first time ever and again fell short so I'm goin back to street racing real soon where I seem to be a natural and do WAY better than at the track...........Worse two outings back to back ever since I started racing in the early 90's and why I hate the limitations of tracks but if I was legal then this crap wouldn't happen so it's my fault completely and that 1st pass would of been the one plus the billet carb worked flawless just like on the street................ beer

WTH did you just say? I am having trouble translating that....
Posted By: RustyM

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 09:33 PM

Yep, cage it, don’t give up thumper .
Thumpers don’t quit- ( grinning as I say that ).
Certainly understand costs etc but- the question is: how much is it going to bug you not knowing?

Ours is over getting CM laid in now- sigh.

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 10:37 PM

So I confused ya Dragula? I confuse myself..........read it again slowly and you will see that I have no right racing at a track...........lol biggrin

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/30/18 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
... I'm goin back to street racing real soon where I seem to be a natural and do WAY better than at the track...

Does it wheelie on the street now, too? devil

Pulled em a few inches years ago but it's a different car now and lighter so it hooks from a stomp or roll now on the street and may be racing a small-block Ferd on spray this weekend if he's down as he never returned my message................ beer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/31/18 12:29 AM

So I confused ya Dragula? I confuse myself..........read it again slowly and you will see that I have no right racing at a track...........lol biggrin

Ok....so make one good pass and be done with it. Been there and done that a time or two...With just a lap belt.....luckily it wasn't my car, or the next week would have been interesting at the same track.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/31/18 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula

WTH did you just say? I am having trouble translating that....

I see the problem Thump, When you launch get a 1.34 60 ft pull her into second. You don't then pound on the brakes, you pound on the throttle. Problem solved. up
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/31/18 02:41 AM

I think he got scared... eek
Posted By: humpty

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/31/18 05:33 AM

I have yet to lose the horizon on a launch, but hope to this year with some suspension tweaks. No shame in aborting - live to fight another day!
Posted By: ccdave

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 03/31/18 06:19 AM

Have fun and kick a$$ Dom beer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/01/18 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By humpty
I have yet to lose the horizon on a launch, but hope to this year with some suspension tweaks. No shame in aborting - live to fight another day!

I didn't abord the run cos the tires were up I did it cos I was HOPING to get a full pass then get the boot w/my 6-point bar..........The ride was a blast and felt great to me............. beer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/01/18 04:56 PM

Thump.. what was the best mph on that day?

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/01/18 05:03 PM

Never got out of second gear...........I have a 6-point bar and again thought I was going to get my last run in all out but they closed the lanes but best ever is a 112.05 w/a 1.40 60 ft.........
Posted By: cudadon

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/01/18 08:46 PM

[/quote]

I see the problem Thump, When you launch get a 1.34 60 ft pull her into second. You don't then pound on the brakes, you pound on the throttle. Problem solved. up [/quote]

Dom unless you are going toward the wall or the centerline, stay on it!

If you get the BIG # then get kicked out. You accomplished a goal and save wear and tear on slicks, engine and fuel.

It takes seat time to get used to the track, just like it did for the street.

Good luck buddy!
Don

Attached picture cuda and I cropped.jpg

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/01/18 11:54 PM

Again, I pounded the brakes to not get kicked of that's it and was far from scared, excited yes scared no and tried to do it again but then spun, got back in line and the lanes were closed........... beer

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/01/18 11:58 PM

The pic is great
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 03:33 AM

Dom, it wouldn't hurt to sit in your car before a race, and mentally as well as physically go through your chosen routine as many as 100 times! When you pull to the line the next time, you will not have any distracting thoughts, you know you are doing the right sequence of things!

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By cudadon

Dom unless you are going toward the wall or the centerline, stay on it!

If you get the BIG # then get kicked out. You accomplished a goal and save wear and tear on slicks, engine and fuel.

Good luck buddy!
Don
[/quote]

Hindsight is 20/20, wish you would of stayed in it on that wheelie 1.34 60 ft. pass. Understand the issue of being kicked out, but that was the run you should of went with. Again though, hindsight is 20/20

up

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 06:50 AM

Good idea cos I stink at track racing these days or maybe I always did and yes, I should of let it eat on that pass then have a beer and get dragged home...........Maybe this thu but pretty sure I have bruised or cracked ribs grappling on concrete on my birthday so I can barely breath now but may be ready Thursday........... realcrazy
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 08:54 AM

Grappling or Thumping work whistling devil
Posted By: rb446

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 02:11 PM

All things being equal if you had stayed in it your ticket should've looked like this on that run>

60 Foot E.T. : 1.34
1/8 Mile E.T. : 6.06
1/8 Mile Trap Speed : 112.12
1/4 Mile E.T. : 9.61
1/4 Mile Trap Speed : 139
cool
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 02:50 PM

As inconsistent as the track prep seems to be where you race and you chasing ET...you KNEW it was on a helluva run that first pass leaving hard w/ the wheels in the air, so why in the world did you lift???
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 03:01 PM

Is there a video on here that I am missing?
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
As inconsistent as the track prep seems to be where you race and you chasing ET...you KNEW it was on a helluva run that first pass leaving hard w/ the wheels in the air, so why in the world did you lift???

Just my guess but I think Dom did the first couple hits to make sure his launch and 60'
Were where he wanted them as He and his car aren't certified to go as quick as he planned to go on his last hit of the Night which got cut short for his last run. Had he got that last hit he would've gotten a talking to and Dominic has no plans of upgrading his car for the few times he hits the track. Street Racer.... apimp

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 05:28 PM

If you plan to abort a run go to at least the 330 timer. You will gain a lot more info to log.

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Grappling or Thumping work whistling devil

Both and Josh is a beast and now both of us are gonna wear new scars and my ribs are jacked but no regrets just takes longer to heal at 57...... realcrazy

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/02/18 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda

Been doin it that way for years w/good results sometimes but as pointed out the fist passes there are the best due to all of the street vehicles that kill the hook so next time one and done........... beer
Posted By: dartman366

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/03/18 02:10 AM

I agree with Pittsburgh racer on this one, try to get it to the 330' mark then you have some info to work with.

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/03/18 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By rb446
All things being equal if you had stayed in it your ticket should've looked like this on that run>

60 Foot E.T. : 1.34
1/8 Mile E.T. : 6.06
1/8 Mile Trap Speed : 112.12
1/4 Mile E.T. : 9.61
1/4 Mile Trap Speed : 139
cool

That could of been a new best. cool

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/03/18 07:56 AM

Agreed and I went a 1.40 6.15 @ 112.05 already........... work
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/03/18 08:04 PM

Is the Ford on spray from over here in Lancaster?

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/03/18 11:05 PM

No, it's from Vegas or at least that's where he lived a while back but may move back here...............

Re: LAST TIME T&T I SWEAR............... - 04/04/18 12:17 PM

Well, got the tubes in mt QTP'S and a BLP Billet 1230+ cfm carb on THUMPER so I say a 1.32 60, 6.09 @ 113+................. luck beer drive What do the pros think............

Thump.....just curios what jetting you using in that 1230 cfm carb.? I no your on gas, just curios work
© 2024 Moparts Forums