Moparts

Pro Stock help

Posted By: Alan Prusiensky

Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 04:09 PM

Hi guys it's been a long time since I posted here. I still check in time to time to see what kind of things you guys are up to. As you may or may not know I've been Racing Pro Stock for the past 4 years. It's been an up-and-down battle but building your own engine program in Pro Stock might be one of the toughest things to do in drag racing. I know there's a lot of negative talk towards Pro Stock. I feel if we can improve over this year and maybe win a few races you guys might be more interested. This year we have had a slow start but I think we have turned the corner at Gainesville as you can see if you checked qualifying out in Q4 Tanner gray was only .025 quicker & less than .6 mph faster than we were and he won the race. The help I'm asking for is to vote me in to the horsepower challenge race so we can prove that Mopar can compete in pro stock.
Posted By: kyhemi-dart

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 04:12 PM

Awesome to see you post here. Def have my vote and best of luck you !
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 04:17 PM

Thanks for the visit, please come more often and keep us posted.

I continue to enjoy Pro Stock even though you are the only one carrying the Mopar banner.

I think what you have done is incredible, keep after it!

Bill
Posted By: BadMoonRacer

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 05:22 PM

Happy to support a Mopar Pro Stock driver. I predict Mopars will be top contenders once again in that class.

Ragnar in Iceland
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 05:28 PM

Good luck!

https://www.nhra.com/news/2018/fan-voting-begins-final-spot-kn-horsepower-challenge-pro-stockers

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 05:32 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 05:59 PM

Done!
Posted By: humpty

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 06:40 PM

Done and welcome back!
Posted By: 65Dodge440

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 06:49 PM

Done

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 06:50 PM

This is the link that takes you directly to the voting.

https://www.nhra.com/knfanvote
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:02 PM

Done! Good luck!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:32 PM

Voted, good luck.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:34 PM

Done
Posted By: DaveKanofsky

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:37 PM

Done, good luck and Mopar to ya!
Posted By: Dart451

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:38 PM

done
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:51 PM

voted...
Posted By: sportfury70

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 07:56 PM

Done!
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 08:15 PM

While the class is having it's challenges, I've always liked Pro Stock. It's pretty much the top of the food chain for NA V8 gasoline powered race engine technology. Anyone swimming in those waters deserve much respect. The problems are up to the teams and NHRA to figure out. I'd like to see it return to the glory days. There was nothing like the rivalries of WJ, R-M, Glidden, Wayne County, etc., etc.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 08:19 PM

DONE
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 08:27 PM

Voted. Good luck!
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 08:40 PM

Alan, as a person who has not kept up with PS the last couple years, I'm sorry to say I haven't heard of you or your team, so I'll ask a hard question. Are you all mopar or just a mopar body with a Chevy engine under the hood? I'm 68 and always a diehard mopar fan so this answer counts a lot to me. Now I certainly appreciate the dedication and hard work any team puts into their program but I can't take it to the highest level of support unless you're all mopar. If so I'll support in any way I can, period.
My personal opinion, NHRA screwed mopar over with silly rules (directed straight at mopar) for the umpteenth time and it's been an uphill battle forever.
Posted By: cagebob1

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 08:53 PM

Done! Good Luck

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:12 PM

I have raced Mopar since I started in 1993 my first car was a 69 Charger. I will only race a Dodge car with a Hemi engine in it. I hope that helps you make your decision. As far as NHRA screwing up Pro Stock that's not true. we will run fast as the Chevys this year.
Posted By: HR3128

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:18 PM

One more for ya. Good Luck.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:20 PM

Done. Good luck. I think you are doing great concidering that almost everyone else is involved in multi car engine programs.

Can we get this pinned to the top?
Posted By: 65mike

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:21 PM

Done.Good luck!
Posted By: Racer33

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:26 PM

Earned my vote
Posted By: LSP

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:29 PM

Another vote for Alan
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:32 PM

Got my Vote good luck
Posted By: RustyM

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 09:54 PM

done- good luck.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 10:03 PM

I voted and I wish you luck but take one word of advice. Pro Mod.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 10:06 PM

you got my vote, now I will start watching since there is a mopar in the field again. up
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 10:15 PM

Done.. good luck.. been watching you for a while
wave up
Posted By: MartyQ

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 10:35 PM

Done Good luck !!
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By Alan Prusiensky
I have raced Mopar since I started in 1993 my first car was a 69 Charger. I will only race a Dodge car with a Hemi engine in it. I hope that helps you make your decision. As far as NHRA screwing up Pro Stock that's not true. we will run fast as the Chevys this year.

I voted for you! What about the rev limiter? That has to be a hard one to overcome? No?
Posted By: furious70

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 10:40 PM

done

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall

I voted for you! What about the rev limiter? That has to be a hard one to overcome? No?
I don't think any of the rules have hurt us like everybody thinks. I just think we just need to do a better job of making power within the rules. That's what I worked on over the winter and it seems to be paying off.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 11:27 PM

I don't think any of the rules have hurt us like everybody thinks. I just think we just need to do a better job of making power within the rules. That's what I worked on over the winter and it seems to be paying off.

Thank you Alan. Gentlemen, please remove the tin foil from your hats. lol
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/21/18 11:45 PM

He didn't say the rules didn't make it more difficult. If there we 20 mopars out there, it would be easier. To think the RPM rule didn't hurt the dodges is just rediculous.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist
He didn't say the rules didn't make it more difficult. If there we 20 mopars out there, it would be easier. To think the RPM rule didn't hurt the dodges is just rediculous.

I seem to remember, that teams continued to use the older design head, because it made better power with higher rpm, rather than start over with R&D on the newer head, and they all fell behind at the rule switch. I'm probably wrong.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By Leigh
Originally Posted By madscientist

I seem to remember, that teams continued to use the older design head, because it made better power with higher rpm, rather than start over with R&D on the newer head, and they all fell behind at the rule switch. I'm probably wrong.
I use the new heads.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 12:37 AM

Thank you.
Posted By: Qwik426

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 01:43 AM

Hi guys it's been a long time since I posted here. I still check in time to time to see what kind of things you guys are up to. As you may or may not know I've been Racing Pro Stock for the past 4 years.

Not to break your balls or anything like that, I'd like to know what's "Stock" about Pro $tock? Nothing as far as I can see.

NHRA should've renamed that eliminator a long time ago because it has NOTHING in common with the original concept
of that class unlike its lesser brethren, Super Stock and Stock eliminator, which still do albeit it in a very refined and scienced-out state.

Just my pet peeve. Carry on, like the English say.

Pete

Posted By: wyoming

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 03:26 AM

Done, Glad to see your still at it, I'm a ProStock fan
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 05:00 AM

voted
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 05:14 AM

You just got my vote! Best of luck. Your doing Mopar proud for sure. Thank you!
Posted By: LowDeck451

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 08:57 AM

68shifter and 340Cuda, thanks for the link.

Good luck Alan!
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 12:55 PM

Good luck this year, Alan. Just voted.
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/22/18 12:57 PM

Voted, good luck!
Posted By: tomkelly

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 02:27 AM

Just voted for you Alan! You are the only reason I watch Pro Stock this year. Good luck!! Tom
Posted By: gp900

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 02:32 AM

Voted. What issues killed "Jeggie" and "Erica" a few years back? Is Mopar supplying help?

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 03:43 AM

Mopar doesn't help much but if I win some rounds I'm sure they will. As far as elite I think they gave up to soon.
Posted By: JT612GTX

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 04:31 AM

Voted. Almost gave up hope with Allen Johnson calling it quits,as least with Pro Stock, carry that MOPAR banner as long as possible!!!
Hang tough, Good Luck! Mopower to ya!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 04:36 AM

I hope you're saying you found some power to stay with the Chevy show.This class has lost too many AJ fans so now you have that weight on your shoulders.Make it happen and the MOPAR fans will be yours.

Attached picture 11.17.15 054.jpg
Posted By: coletrickle

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 07:11 AM

Done,
Posted By: coletrickle

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By Qwik426
Hi guys it's been a long time since I posted here. I still check in time to time to see what kind of things you guys are up to. As you may or may not know I've been Racing Pro Stock for the past 4 years.

Not to break your balls or anything like that, I'd like to know what's "Stock" about Pro $tock? Nothing as far as I can see.

NHRA should've renamed that eliminator a long time ago because it has NOTHING in common with the original concept
of that class unlike its lesser brethren, Super Stock and Stock eliminator, which still do albeit it in a very refined and scienced-out state.

Just my pet peeve. Carry on, like the English say.

Pete

So did you vote?
Posted By: SG5438

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 05:24 PM

Voted, good luck!

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 05:34 PM

Thanks guys we really appreciate it. Vincent Nobile is on Yellow Bullet doing the same thing but I think you guys are voting more.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 05:44 PM

Voted. Good-luck
Posted By: Coldart

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 07:23 PM

OK guys, not only should you vote but lets pyramid this voting.

Get everyone that you know, to get everyone they know voting.

Alan needs our help on this! Has to be done by April 1st.

Help a Mopar Bro out - the guy works his azz off to run Pro Stock, how about busting yours for some votes!!

Thanks! Now get busy.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/23/18 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By Coldart
OK guys, not only should you vote but lets pyramid this voting.

Get everyone that you know, to get everyone they know voting.

Alan needs our help on this! Has to be done by April 1st.

Help a Mopar Bro out - the guy works his azz off to run Pro Stock, how about busting yours for some votes!!

Thanks! Now get busy.
I like how you think.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 01:51 AM

Hi guys it's been a long time since I posted here. I still check in time to time to see what kind of things you guys are up to. As you may or may not know I've been Racing Pro Stock for the past 4 years. It's been an up-and-down battle but building your own engine program in Pro Stock might be one of the toughest things to do in drag racing. I know there's a lot of negative talk towards Pro Stock. I feel if we can improve over this year and maybe win a few races you guys might be more interested. This year we have had a slow start but I think we have turned the corner at Gainesville as you can see if you checked qualifying out in Q4 Tanner gray was only .025 quicker & less than .6 mph faster than we were and he won the race. The help I'm asking for is to vote me in to the horsepower challenge race so we can prove that Mopar can compete in pro stock.

You got my vote.... Good luck
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 02:01 AM

Voted up
Now go out there and lay down some numbers we can all be proud of thumbs

Gus beer

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 03:21 AM

Thanks guys we really appreciate it. Vincent Nobile is on Yellow Bullet doing the same thing but I think you guys are voting more.

Vincent is also wearing a Long Island Needs A Dragstrip sticker on the side window.Would you wear it if I sent them to you?
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 07:36 AM

Got my vote. Go get them Alan
Posted By: CROWBAR

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 08:24 AM

Done, Best of luck Alan
Posted By: moparjohn

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 04:36 PM

Got my vote!
Your the only reason I have left to watch Pro Stock!
MJ
Posted By: merpar

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 05:09 PM

Got my vote too. I won't watch pro stock with nothing but chebies

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/24/18 06:11 PM

Voted once, I am going to see if I can go again with a different email address...
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/25/18 10:02 PM

Done
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/26/18 01:38 AM

I have raced Mopar since I started in 1993 my first car was a 69 Charger. I will only race a Dodge car with a Hemi engine in it. we will run fast as the Chevys this year.

If I wasn't going to vote for you before(which I was), that post would have been enough to change my mind.
Good luck.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/26/18 02:02 AM

Voted. Good Luck!
On another note Roy Johnson said at Maple Grove the Rpm limit hurt his engine program as they were making power well after 10K. They were his words...

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/26/18 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By QuickBpBp
Voted. Good Luck!
On another note Roy Johnson said at Maple Grove the Rpm limit hurt his engine program as they were making power well after 10K. They were his words...
I'm not sure of anything a prostock engine builder has to say. I just think we can run as good as the Chevys. If you want to use the rpm as an excuse you will never get there.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/26/18 03:55 AM

I'm not sure of anything a prostock engine builder has to say. I just think we can run as good as the Chevys. If you want to use the rpm as an excuse you will never get there.

I hope you get there and hopefully you have $$$ for the R & D to do it that's the hard part when your a lone wolf.... Good Luck this season!
Posted By: RV2

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 03:38 AM

Done
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 04:36 AM

Done, glad to see you are in for the win, hope your engine development program finds enough horsepower to put the camaro clone crowd back in the trailer where they belong, good luck
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 08:04 AM

Got my vote, and my wifes.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 03:57 PM

WOW we are getting killed over on Yellowbullet. Even the MOPAR guys are voting for Nobile. That's pathetic.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2453306

I think sometimes a sticky does more harm than good.
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 04:06 PM

Done
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 05:25 PM

[quote=pittsburghracer]WOW we are getting killed over on Yellowbullet. Even the MOPAR guys are voting for Nobile. That's pathetic.

I think sometimes a sticky does more harm than good. [/quote

Amazing...So should I unstick this thread?

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
[quote=pittsburghracer]WOW we are getting killed over on Yellowbullet. Even the MOPAR guys are voting for Nobile. That's pathetic.

I think sometimes a sticky does more harm than good. [/quote

Amazing...So should I unstick this thread?

I think if guys bump it and keep it fresh it gets noticed more. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve missed stickies before tucked in up top. I read through that Yellowbullet thread some and guys found ways of voting on multiple devices.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 09:39 PM

I dunno John...I sure would like to see Alan get in. And yes...I voted! You have to remember that The GM guys have us outgunned over at the YB. But you know my philosophy on life and what I have gone thru the last 5 years. With that being said never give up...

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 10:08 PM

In my latest NG on page 18,bits from the pits Alan picked up Windstream that will sponsor him for 3 southeast events.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 10:12 PM

Good deal! I also put a thread in the general section...

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
I dunno John...I sure would like to see Alan get in. And yes...I voted! You have to remember that The GM guys have us outgunned over at the YB. But you know my philosophy on life and what I have gone thru the last 5 years. With that being said never give up...

Ohhh trust me the one and only mopar got my vote too. But this site has a lot of guys on it right now that would switch brands in a second.

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/27/18 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Ohhh trust me the one and only mopar got my vote too. But this site has a lot of guys on it right now that would switch brands in a second.

Posted By: Shoozy

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/28/18 02:21 AM

Done
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/28/18 08:51 PM

Good luck Alan, hope you get it done. Got my vote.
Posted By: RustyM

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/28/18 09:58 PM

Switch brands??
Surely you don't mean Moparts members?

We build/work on a lot of things here - at our shop but- Mopars are the King cars- period.

I would rather lose in a Mopar than win in a chevy, yep, i'm just that messed up and thats how i feel about that.
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Pro Stock help - 03/30/18 08:09 AM

Done!
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/01/18 03:33 PM

Done!! Good luck.

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/02/18 12:05 AM

One last bump for Alan!!
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/02/18 11:32 PM

[/quote]But this site has a lot of guys on it right now that would switch brands in a second. [/quote]

I'd have to quit messing with cars. I have too much Mopar parts and cars to switch to anything else. Maybe if it had a Mopar engine like a Jensen or Monteverde?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/03/18 01:15 AM

who won?
Posted By: sportfury70

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/03/18 01:34 AM

nobile

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 02:31 AM

I wanted to thank everyone who took time to vote for me. This time we didn't win but next year hopefully I can be one of the top 7. If you guys are interested in what's going with my race season I would be happy to start are own pro stock tech topic just let me know. Thanks again.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 02:57 AM

I wanted to thank everyone who took time to vote for me. This time we didn't win but next year hopefully I can be one of the top 7. If you guys are interested in what's going with my race season I would be happy to start are own pro stock tech topic just let me know. Thanks again.

I, for one, would really enjoy that. A lot of guys are turning their noses up at Pro Stock, but I still think it's real cool to see just how far you can push a N/A motor.
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 03:11 AM

X2... up

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By sgcuda

I, for one, would really enjoy that. A lot of guys are turning their noses up at Pro Stock, but I still think it's real cool to see just how far you can push a N/A motor.
n/a engines is the only thing that drives me. I think it's crazy how much power you can make with 500 ci.

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 04:30 AM

I also like the NA, door car stuff. I'd like to see that discussion. The whole package. Engine, chassis, other tidbits. I know a lot of stuff is held close to the vest, but I'd like to see whatever is fair game in the conversation.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 04:56 AM

Alan...I will be passing out ET slips on the return road this weekend...Good luck.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 04:57 AM

I'd love to see a thread like that in here.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 08:25 AM

Thanks for racing the Mopar in Pro Stock and best of luck to you and your team ! Ron

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
I also like the NA, door car stuff. I'd like to see that discussion. The whole package. Engine, chassis, other tidbits. I know a lot of stuff is held close to the vest, but I'd like to see whatever is fair game in the conversation.
any questions you have just ask. I'm not good enough to hide anything lol.

Re: Pro Stock help - 04/04/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
any questions you havejust ask. I not good enough to hide anything lol.

C'mon. Even I don't tell everything.
© 2024 Moparts Forums