Moparts

8 CW BBM cranks

Posted By: HardcoreB

8 CW BBM cranks - 03/20/18 04:44 PM

Is there any interest in 'cheaper' center counterweigh cranks from Molnar. Speak now to help lobby for the production.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/20/18 04:44 PM

There SHOULD be. I wont run anything else and been using Crower
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/20/18 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By HardcoreB
Is there any interest in 'cheaper' center counterweigh cranks from Molnar. Speak now to help lobby for the production.

count me in for two.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/20/18 08:51 PM

Yes, I am currently shopping for a hemi stroker crank, and center counterweights is a requirement. I called Molnar, center counter weights were not available from them, so they got crossed off my list. But I haven't ordered yet. Most of the CCW cranks I have checked into are heavy as a battleship. It would be nice to get one that was as light as possible.

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/20/18 10:01 PM

They are reconsidering cutting the 8CW forging used for a BBC and based on the response of this thread it could change their available offerings.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 12:57 AM

Interested!
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 01:16 AM

I'm in need for a hemi crank

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By HardcoreB
They are reconsidering cutting the 8CW forging used for a BBC and based on the response of this thread it could change their available offerings.

I ain't puttin' no stinkin' chevy parts in my Hemi! laugh2
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 02:00 AM

I might be interested in one, if the price is right. Not looking for a Walmart special, but don't want something priced along billet, either.
Posted By: B1HEAD_USER

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 02:06 AM

I'm in need of one too.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 04:46 AM

I called Ohio Crankshaft CO several weeks ago and ask about having them make me a 4.300 B stroker motor crank, they said no as of then. I ask them about building me a light weight fully counter balanced steel billet custom crank for the same application, they said no again whiney
So my message is count me in for some as long as we can get the stroke and main bearing journal size I want up
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 03:04 PM

I would take one if the price was reasonable.

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 04:26 PM

ALL, I heard back from Tom/Ed and after review there is not sufficient material in the BBC 8CW forging to use it for a BBM. Even given the motivation there would be a likely a 2 year wait for this new product (new die etc.) but as of now there is not sufficient motivation. Sorry but, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 04:59 PM

Crower, Bryant, Winberg, not sure if Scat will do a billet for a BB Mopar? I have been very happy with Crower
Posted By: dthemi

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 05:06 PM

Bryant cc, 14 weeks, and a major organ.
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/21/18 09:37 PM

Moldex

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By dwayne welder
Moldex

Are they still in business? If so do you have any contact info on them? help luck
Posted By: moetown

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 12:41 AM

Still around.

https://www.moldexcrankshaft.com/

moldexcrankshaft Co.

12255 WORMER REDFORD MI 48239

(313) 387-6099

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 02:43 AM

A little off topic, but this is interesting from the Moldex website:

Cranks on the shelf:

MG 948 STOCK

MIURA LAMBORGHINI STOCK

(4) TOYOTA SCION 2AZFE 106MM STROKE

MG 1275 STOCK

(2) V 12 MERCEDES

16 CYL MILLER NORMAL ROTATION

MIATA 4MM STROKER BLEM

ST 8 BUGATTI TYPE 44/49

A Miller V-16? AFAIK, Miller only produced 1 car v16 and a pair of marine v-16's. How you you end up with a crankshaft for one "in stock"? Strange!
Posted By: moetown

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
A little off topic, but this is interesting from the Moldex website:

Cranks on the shelf:

MG 948 STOCK

MIURA LAMBORGHINI STOCK

(4) TOYOTA SCION 2AZFE 106MM STROKE

MG 1275 STOCK

(2) V 12 MERCEDES

MIATA 4MM STROKER BLEM

ST 8 BUGATTI TYPE 44/49

A Miller V-16? AFAIK, Miller only produced 1 car v16 and a pair of marine v-16's. How you you end up with a crankshaft for one "in stock"? Strange!

The website is under construction.
The moldex facebook page might be more up to date.

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By moetown
Still around.

https://www.moldexcrankshaft.com/

moldexcrankshaft Co.

12255 WORMER REDFORD MI 48239

(313) 387-6099

Thanks a bunch up bow

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I called Ohio Crankshaft CO several weeks ago and ask about having them make me a 4.300 B stroker motor crank, they said no as of then. I ask them about building me a light weight fully counter balanced steel billet custom crank for the same application, they said no again whiney
So my message is count me in for some as long as we can get the stroke and main bearing journal size I want up

Cab: They already make them. The top of their page shows a billet blown Hemi crank with center counterweights. Available with 4.375 stroke for $1,645.

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 02:02 PM

Because a crank has 8 counterweights and 'balances' does not make it correct...there is engineering that goes into the correct phasing of the counterweights. There is a comprehensive post about this same subject on YellowBullet, I would suggest referencing it before spending any EXTRA money on a crank for 'extra' features like this.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel

I am sure there is a "story" that goes with this. It would be interesting to hear it.
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/22/18 05:45 PM

Tell me different I have a Callie's crank here 4.000 stroke for a LS and has center counterweights???????
Posted By: LA360

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/23/18 03:24 AM

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2349369

For those that might want to read it.

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/23/18 12:49 PM

Alan, just out of curiosity, what kind of weight and average power are the Pro Stock's these days. Is there a lean towards Lenco's or Liberty's?

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/23/18 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By dwayne welder
Tell me different I have a Callie's crank here 4.000 stroke for a LS and has center counterweights???????

Respectfully, I don't understand the question. I am not necessarily pointing to one or more companies improper design. But the link was given by someone else here, thank you Alan, the one I was referring to to help you make your own decision.
Posted By: LA360

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/26/18 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By sgcuda
Alan, just out of curiosity, what kind of weight and average power are the Pro Stock's these days. Is there a lean towards Lenco's or Liberty's?

I don't recall what their minimum weight is, it's around the 2300 lbs from memory. They basically all run a Liberty Equalizer clutchless 5 speed now. Years ago some guys ran a G Force trans, but they can't handle the power they make now. I don't think they've run Lenco transmissions since Bob Glidden was racing. Power wise, I've not done the math, it would be around the 1500 hp mark somewhere.

Re: 8 CW BBM cranks - 03/26/18 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By LA360
I don't recall what their minimum weight is, it's around the 2300 lbs from memory. They basically all run a Liberty Equalizer clutchless 5 speed now. Years ago some guys ran a G Force trans, but they can't handle the power they make now. I don't think they've run Lenco transmissions since Bob Glidden was racing. Power wise, I've not done the math, it would be around the 1500 hp mark somewhere.

Thanks. I plan on running Nostalgia Pro Stock and just wanted to know how my combo would stack up with the big dogs vs the old timers in N P/S.
© 2024 Moparts Forums