Moparts

Dual conical valve springs

Posted By: AndyF

Dual conical valve springs - 03/17/18 06:40 PM

Finished up the dyno testing with the dual conical valve springs and got the article submitted to Hot Rod. The springs worked just fine even with a super aggressive QRI lobe on the cam. The intake lobe was .780 lift with the 1.65 rocker arms and the engine pulled nice and smooth up past 7000 rpm. I don't think I'd recommend that lobe for a bracket racer but it was interesting to run it as a test.

Here is the article: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/dyno-tested-dual-conical-valve-springs/
Posted By: RustyM

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/17/18 08:00 PM

thanks Andy
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/17/18 10:51 PM

Good to see the valve spring tech moving along. That website is nearly unviewable, even with adblock and ghostery it's so loaded with garbage ads and auto play vids I just clicked out. I just picked up one of the last hex-a-just timing chains for a BBM, next up is the ARE timing cover. Working my way up to a roller cam.
Posted By: moparmitch

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/18/18 02:20 AM

Great article, thanks for sharing...

What is the part number on the lifters?

Are these in non-bushed lifter bores?

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/18/18 06:27 AM

Lifters are the AMC solid rollers from Comp Cams. Non-bushed lifter bores.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/18/18 07:29 PM

950 Carb.............what happened to the EFI......... work whistling

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/18/18 09:16 PM

This engine uses a 950 Dominator that Mark W. reworked. He did a nice job, changed the boosters and redid the calibration. It works pretty well but I'll most likely convert the engine to EFI at some point. EFI works better for the stuff I do.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Dual conical valve springs - 03/19/18 02:31 AM

Cool, just figured you had gone EFI on pretty much everything........ beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums