Moparts

Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump?

Posted By: Quickrunner

Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/16/18 08:40 PM

I have a motor plate for gen3 hemi that's machined with one #12 ORB size outlet/return and two #10 sized inlets. Getting ready to have a custom radiator made with Meziere WP362 mounted to it. The pump has 2 outlets -16 AN O ring threaded. So there will be some step up or down in size to the flare adaptors. So couple questions what would be recommended minimum hose sizes for the 2 inlets and the one return hose? Would -12 hose be big enough for the two inlet hoses from pump to motor? And for the top hose the return hose the -12 ORB adapted to -16 hose for the return to radiator?
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/16/18 08:48 PM

Sounds good to me! The bigger the hose the more capacity. I don't think it will have any effect on flow.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/16/18 08:53 PM

I ran -12 hoses all around on 1050-1300+ HP. Never an issues with cooling at all. The S/St car used two -12 with a single -16 return, although at the time we have to make that adapter as no one had one available back then. The other cars use -12 on each side, x2
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/16/18 09:20 PM

I went with -20 An fittings on my radiator only because my car even though almost 1000 H.P. on Motor is still street driven. But my Mezeire water pump is within the aluminum housing & not mounted to the rad like you are doing.

Attached picture rsz_20161201_200820_003.jpg

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/17/18 01:57 AM

Don't have many pics here in DC but here is the Predator

The Cuda and cant se much but the fitting we welded up to go from a single -16 to 2 -12's

And the 99Hemi in the other Cuda

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/18/18 05:26 PM

What brand do you guys prefer for hose, fitting, and adaptors? Want to use the same brand on the entire car for fuel , coolant, trans etc.... Want to use all black on this build. I hear the Teflon lined is the way to go now but hear some brands are better and more flexible. What is best and who is best source?
Posted By: B1HEAD_USER

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/18/18 05:55 PM

I have a radiator mounted pump and used a Shogun water manifold which has -8 fittings on it. Drag race only never a problem with the -8 lines.

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/18/18 06:53 PM

I have used Earls for years it is all on my Stratus, fuel, cooling, dry sump and trans. The dragster we switched to Fragola and have been happy with it as well. Also after the fire in the Barracuda I used all XRP stuff as a local shop sells it and was happy with it as well. Stay away from the Jeg's and Summit house brand stuff IMO. We have had some customers supply it for their builds and IMO it is not as good of a product. We usually always have a fitting or two that has an issue.

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/21/18 03:55 PM

Yes, I have had some bad experience with Jeg/summit brand fittings. I see XRP & Fragola have a nice catalog on line, the Earls is not very well laid out.

I have decided to use weld on bungs on the motorplate and go with a -20 return after talking with my radiator builder. And -16 for the 2 block feeds from the Meziere pump as it is already -16 ORB outlets. I really didn't want to sacrifice any flow capability with the spallish -10 & -12 thread size my motorplate came with

Attached picture Plate2.jpg
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Cooling line size with Radiator mounted remote water pump? - 03/22/18 02:28 AM

Almost all of mine are Fragola. They are the best as a Company and quality. Everyone doesn't all make the same configurations so I do have a few other XRP and Earls fittings mixed in where needed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums