Moparts

Zoomie Coating???

Posted By: Blucuda413

Zoomie Coating??? - 03/16/18 04:49 PM

I've finally got my zoomies finished and need to get them coated rather quickly. I've found a co which does chrome like coatings but they are terribly expensive. Forgetting the chrome what are other colors that's recommended for competition exhaust?? Thanks, Max
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/16/18 05:01 PM

I ether do chrome or black
wave

Attached picture DSC00162.JPG
Attached picture MVC-006F.JPG
Posted By: dvw

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/16/18 05:30 PM

QC Coatings in Michigan does a very nice polished silver coating that stands up to time. I'd bet that's where MrP's came from.
Doug
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/16/18 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By dvw
QC Coatings in Michigan does a very nice polished silver coating that stands up to time. I'd bet that's where MrP's came from.
Doug

Yep.. great work... they did the valve covers
also(anything shiney they did)
wave
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/16/18 09:27 PM

I just use Hi-Temp Rustoleom Barbeque grille satin black. Can't hardly see my Headers with a Hemi in an E Body anyway. Holds up for years. And it's only like $7.00. LOL. Hit them with a recoat when removed.

Attached picture rsz_20160713_164732_002.jpg
Posted By: 590 Challenger

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/17/18 12:37 AM

I know it's not your question but I just made mine out of Stainless last year, they polish up so pretty and will last and last. I would love to see how yours turned out
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/17/18 06:06 PM

Thanks Mike, I figured black would be the next common choice. They will be black and are in the shop now.

590, I followed your zoomie build with interest and your product came out fantastic. I wish I could have done my like yours but I did not have room to bring mine under the frame. I settled on bringing mine out the side coming out and over the snout bar and over the front tire through the fender. Simple but I think it will work fine.
Posted By: 590 Challenger

Re: Zoomie Coating??? - 03/18/18 08:01 PM

Thanks, I'm new to any kind of building myself, what a learning curve it's been. I moved that frame rail the year before just so I could make the zoomies. It sure is nice being able to breathe. I would still love to see a pic on how you got around that. My engine dumps exhaust downward and pretty much had to go that way. Good luck with the build
© 2024 Moparts Forums