Moparts

wipe pattern, OK or not OK

Posted By: RapidRobert

wipe pattern, OK or not OK - 03/15/18 03:48 AM

360 EQ heads long Hughes valves. not the best pics but on base circle and at full lift it seems real close to the edge(s). what is the fix? thank you for your time.

Attached picture SAM_0878.JPG
Attached picture SAM_0877.JPG
Attached picture SAM_0878.JPG
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: wipe pattern, OK or not OK - 03/15/18 12:59 PM

Looks like you could start by adding shim to the rocker pedestal to raise the rocker height, which will also require a longer pushrod.
Posted By: Racer33

Re: wipe pattern, OK or not OK - 03/15/18 03:24 PM

Magnum rocker assembly? Looks like longer pushrods may help
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: wipe pattern, OK or not OK - 03/15/18 09:08 PM

If you blue up the top of the valve stem, Look for the smallest swipe pattern possible in the middle of the valve stem when you rotate the motor, The smaller the swipe central to the center of the valve stem the better the geometry is. IMO
Posted By: tabletop390

Re: wipe pattern, OK or not OK - 03/16/18 03:26 PM

http://www.b3racingengines.com/

Mike will help you out. My rocker arms on my W2 heads were way off and he got them to line up a lot better. The tech articles alone are worth looking at his website.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: wipe pattern, OK or not OK - 03/17/18 04:06 AM

I just got off the phone with him 4 hours ago. What a dynamite guy! I had heard so much good about him & it is definitely deserved. He stayed on the ph way past his (5PM eastern) closing time. Yes I am going to checkout his articles & he HIGHLY recommended the youtube vid "rocker geometry" by Straub (& no others). I'm gonna mockup/space up the pedestals but it is kinda looking like I'm gonna need chebby pedestal/roller rockers (legal in hobby stock class tho so all good there).
© 2024 Moparts Forums