Moparts

who/where to tune computer stroked 5.7 Hemi Challenger

Posted By: doctor_mopar

who/where to tune computer stroked 5.7 Hemi Challenger - 03/13/18 08:36 PM

I am trying to help a friend who has done work for a customer. The car is a 2015 Challenger 6 speed manual . The engine has been stroked to 6.4 and the cam duration is 224I/232E . The car is running, but needs computer tuned for this combination. Car is in Southern Louisiana. Any suggestion on who tunes these , preferably in this area, or otherwise he can dyno the car locally and send data to someone to tune computer or ? Note: Street Car
Thank You, Ron
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: who/where to tune computer stroked 5.7 Hemi Challenger - 03/13/18 09:52 PM

Try flyin ryan
Posted By: dizuster

Re: who/where to tune computer stroked 5.7 Hemi Challenger - 03/14/18 06:26 PM

If it's a 2015 or newer it will need the computer sent in to someone (likely diablo sport) to be unlocked. None of the tuners to my knowledge (at least up until last spring) were able to unlock the PCM. You HAD to send it in for unlock.

Ideally you can get someone to dyno it, but a lot of times a good tuner will be able to give you a base tune and you can "road/email" tune it. The Diablo Sport units will data log, so you can go make some full throttle runs, and then send the log to a tuner. They'll make corrections to the tune, and send it back. I'm not sure what the limit of upgrades are before they can't email tune anymore.

I highly suggest hemifever tuning... they did my '16 Scat Pack and couldn't be happier with it. They only tune Hemi stuff.

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: who/where to tune computer stroked 5.7 Hemi Challenger - 03/15/18 12:32 AM

Arrington in Virginia does a lot of Gen3 stuff. www.shophemi.com They might be able to help you out. Not sure if they handle that sort of stuff, but you can try AMS racing in Louisiana. Raymond is top notch.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: who/where to tune computer stroked 5.7 Hemi Challenger - 03/15/18 01:59 AM

Arrington is in Michigan now, also very good.
© 2024 Moparts Forums