Moparts

Bradenton NA 10.5 final

Posted By: SportF

Bradenton NA 10.5 final - 03/13/18 04:30 AM

http://www.speedvideo.com/live-event/nmca-muscle-car-mayhem-2018/

At 11.32 the NA 10.5 final, BOTH cars leave before the tree comes down, or even before the right lane was fully staged.

They gave the race to the car last to leave. But as I understand it, BOTH cars could have been disqualified per NHRA rules leaving before the tree is activated.

In any case, a weird final round, decided not by a race, but by the race director.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Bradenton NA 10.5 final - 03/13/18 06:02 AM

I have never seen that happen before but they are probably following the new rule where the driver with the worst red light is the loser. Just looking at that they picked the right loser.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Bradenton NA 10.5 final - 03/13/18 06:16 AM

They've been watching JJ's arm drop a Chase is a race
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Bradenton NA 10.5 final - 03/13/18 05:20 PM

It is up to the race directors discretion on who is the winner being it was a final round. If it had happened in any previous round it would be a double DQ. It was clear who left first so I assume that was his reasoning. I have watched Tommy struggle with the tree in the past being counted out or rolling the beams. He does not get a lot of seat time anymore due to his day job. He is only driving that car at a couple races this year and Frank Cervelli will be driving it the rest of the year. Wish we could have been there but looks like we wont make a race til Chicago again due to issues with getting a new block
Posted By: SportF

Re: Bradenton NA 10.5 final - 03/13/18 06:09 PM

Thanks for the clarification. The announcer said that he'd seen this before in a final, and it was decided the same way.

At some previous national event I'd heard of two racers doing something similar, and both DQ'd. But, that was not a final.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Bradenton NA 10.5 final - 03/13/18 08:48 PM

Years ago I had a grudge small $$ race go down the same way at E-town. Guy left before me on the RED, I jerked the tires just after he did and I chased. We both were in the RED ink.
Ran him down and he argued that we both were in the RED. My response............ and????? You RED eyed first and I chased to make it a race my Brother.
© 2024 Moparts Forums