Moparts

chassis question

Posted By: dbran451

chassis question - 03/04/18 09:10 PM

looking at a mild steel chassis out of a 71 Dart will that work with out a ton of mods on our 69 dart
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: chassis question - 03/05/18 12:23 AM

Are you talking full tube chassis? You would have to know the 71 Dart dimension vs your 69 and how close a fit the chassis is to the body walls. Lots of variables. You might slip your body right on, or you could end up chopping and welding for a very long time.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: chassis question - 03/05/18 01:12 AM

I have to believe that all of the '67-up Dart hardtop bodies are basically the same except the nose and tail. Glass, interior, carpet, suspension, that stuff is all interchangeable I believe.

If I didn't see this chassis with a body on it, I'd want to know who built it, did it certify, is it done correctly, etc. Sometimes, people pick up smoking deals on some of this stuff and spend more to make it work than if they built new from scratch.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: chassis question - 03/05/18 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
I have to believe that all of the '67-up Dart hardtop bodies are basically the same except the nose and tail. Glass, interior, carpet, suspension, that stuff is all interchangeable I believe.

If I didn't see this chassis with a body on it, I'd want to know who built it, did it certify, is it done correctly, etc. Sometimes, people pick up smoking deals on some of this stuff and spend more to make it work than if they built new from scratch.
iagree
I bought a Alston Avenger chassis for a racer from a friend who had bought it from the guy that welded up the kit, he had use the wrong thickness(.069 where .083 should have been) tubing on the lower foot across the front and left door bar shruggy It would not SFI certify due to that whiney work
OP, make sure your getting something you can use scope thumbs
If your planning on going faster later, faster than 7.50 ET in the 1/4 mile, go with a all moly chassis now up
Posted By: dbran451

Re: chassis question - 03/07/18 02:37 AM

thanks for the replies after getting some more pictures and seeing the welds we have decided to pas on this
© 2024 Moparts Forums