Moparts

Adjustable shocks?

Posted By: 451Mopar

Adjustable shocks? - 02/24/18 09:35 AM

I'm looking at getting adjustable shocks for drag racing the '71 Charger, likely Viking or QA1. Is one better than the other, and which models as it seems they both have various models?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/24/18 06:11 PM

I went with Viking and the aggressive valving for the rear.Can I say one is any better then the other,,,,,,,NO. But the car picked up and responds to shock adjustments.
Posted By: Dyno Donnie

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/24/18 07:29 PM

Strange rear dbl adjustable here. Im a chassis-fab 9-wishbone 4-link with 800 hp. Heck those shocks been in there six years.no issues. Even trailered
car four times from Michigan to Florida without tying down chassis from total movement. Maybe I need new shocks.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/24/18 07:45 PM

I went with Viking's with the aggressive valving front and rear on my Dart. I looked at Strange and QA1 but really liked the way the guys at Viking treated me on the phone, they had the time to ask and answer questions.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/24/18 09:50 PM

Rear Viking here as well w/heavy valving and heim ends...........top notch and Shiloh went a 1.19 w/em so my turd is hooked up and smoother and less violent that the Ranchos........... thumbs
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/24/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I went with Viking's with the aggressive valving front and rear on my Dart. I looked at Strange and QA1 but really liked the way the guys at Viking treated me on the phone, they had the time to ask and answer questions.

Just what I was gunna say whistling
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/25/18 07:52 AM

Thanks. I will have to call Viking. It looks like they have the Crusader and warrior series of shocks, and a few different versions/options for each shock?

Right now, I'm really looking for front shocks.
I plan to replace the 0.960" T-Bars, front sway bar, and KYB Gas-a-just shocks with T-Bars from a 318 car, remove sway bar, and install the new shocks to try getting some weight transfer to launch the heavy Charger (#4,150 pounds.)
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/26/18 03:35 PM

I have Vikings on my cuda. Better than what I had before, but I'm still tuning on it...when I rarely get the chance to race anymore.

Viking was started by former QA1 employees BTW.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 02/26/18 09:10 PM

QA1 on all four corners on the Arrow...
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Adjustable shocks? - 03/01/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By 451Mopar

Right now, I'm really looking for front shocks.
I plan to replace the 0.960" T-Bars, front sway bar, and KYB Gas-a-just shocks with T-Bars from a 318 car, remove sway bar, and install the new shocks to try getting some weight transfer to launch the heavy Charger (#4,150 pounds.)

I have a set of hal corp/qa1 single adj for the front if you are interested?

Don
© 2024 Moparts Forums