Moparts

Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42

Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/17/18 03:25 AM

This Event is back at 42 for a weekend again June 15,16,17 racing,show,and swap meet. Not sure about the details on the racing end as the 42 website is under construction.
The show details are on the Mid Ohio Mopars site.

Can't wait until June up

Gus beer
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/17/18 03:32 AM

Just recieved my flyer yesterday, will try to get to this one, been years since I have been to one of their events.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/17/18 04:27 AM

Who has a flyer?
Doug
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/17/18 04:45 AM

up

Attached picture DVodTg9X0AEFfcO.jpg
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/17/18 06:51 PM

Yeah we just got it in the mail. Will be there for sure ..
Posted By: cgall

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/17/18 07:49 PM

Interesting, might be fun to race there. What does the track normally charge for entry and what do they pay in Mod?

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/18/18 03:04 AM

Not much info about the race side of this deal.
Doug
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/18/18 04:03 AM

I saw this event on their website a month or so ago. So, this event was at Dragway 42 in the past? How was it?

I'm definitely interested. I always intended to go to the track before they re-did it and I obviously want to check it out since they re-did it.

Is there camping available on the grounds? It's a little haul for me; I may want to just stay up there the whole weekend if possible.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/18/18 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

I'll have some info next week --- up
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/18/18 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By max_maniac
Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

I'll have some info next week --- up

Thanks Russ, let us know what you find out.
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/22/18 06:26 AM

popcorn Anyone have any more info on the race side of things yet,can you camp in your pit?
Posted By: Eric

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 02/23/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By cgall
Interesting, might be fun to race there. What does the track normally charge for entry and what do they pay in Mod?

I know they have stepped up the payouts for their point program this year. Really like that track. I ran an IHRA divisional there and their Halloween race.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 03/13/18 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By Eric

I know they have stepped up the payouts for their point program this year. Really like that track. I ran an IHRA divisional there and their Halloween race.

I thought I seen your car there. I think this will be a really big race this year if everyone makes it out.

bump

Gus beer

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 03/13/18 11:17 AM

Still waiting on the race info. I emailed the track this morning.
Doug

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 03/14/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Still waiting on the race info. I emailed the track this morning.
Doug

Yeah their website is a little vague about special event race entries. I think the track is still on a learning curve for large events like this Mopar event is going to be.
They will be at the Piston Power show up in Cleveland to answer questions shruggy

Gus beer

Attached picture 5434258-READY2.JPG

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 03/14/18 04:52 AM

OK here is the deal as far as I know and more to come. They are having the Race June 15,16,17. They only have 2 classes set up for now and that would be Super Pro and Pro or Box and No Box.

Friday a T&T and a Gamblers
Saturday a T&T and a Gamblers and then Sunday the Race.

At this time it's a $75.00 entry for all 3 days and the Gamblers would be extra $$$ Not sure of pay structure at this time.

Now IF I can get about 30/40 NSS cars they will have an NSS class but I need commitment of cars to pull this off. I can get us set up to run under NMCA rules and I can also help to get a decent entry and purse as I am looking for sponsor help also. Thoughts are for NSS to be a $100 entry for the 3 days. Preferred parking for NSS, T&T Friday and Saturday with qualifying on Saturday for a ladder run in eliminations on Sunday. Payout as below.
$1500 winner
$600 RU
$250 semi's
$100 1/4's
$50 1/8

Or we can go to a $75 entry but lower payouts and not as far back.

Thoughts from the NSS crowd? Please let me know by PM or on FB messenger or PM me your Ph number and I'll call you.

Also if anyone else wants more info on the Super Pro/Pro class just ask and I'll get answers.

Russ

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 03/14/18 04:09 PM

I presume you NSS guys will want to run 1/4 mile, I run Pro and prefer 1/4 mile, but many of the transbrake guys prefer 1/8th, please have them clarify.

I believe they are an IHRA sanctioned track, so faster cars (what is it for IHRA, something like 6.00 for 1/8th and 9.50 for 1/4) will have to have chassis cert, license, etc.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/23/18 03:11 PM

Any updates? Race is only 3 weeks away.
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/23/18 10:55 PM

Hey Charlie, here's a link to a PDF:

hope it works..............

https://www.dragway42.com/wp-content/uploads/Mopar-Mayhem-Flyer.pdf

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/24/18 01:30 AM

Nice to see some 1/4 mile races at an event for a change. I have been looking forward to this race since the track was rebuilt.

See you guys there up

Gus beer

Attached picture 5434258-READY2.JPG
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/24/18 02:22 AM

go see my cardio doctor on the 7th and should give me the go ahead for this race and it will be my first big race for this season, need to get the car dialed in with the up dated carb,
Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/24/18 05:50 AM

Maybe not bad if you don't have to travel too far, but I can't justify paying $75 to race almost 3 hrs away for $1000 when tracks closer to me pay better. Hey, but that's me.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/24/18 07:34 PM

We might give it go. Same weekend as the no box nationals but those guys usually kick my head in.

Hopefully they'll reconsider the no time runs on Sunday. That usually gets folks panties all wadded up.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/25/18 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By 1BadLiLCharger
Maybe not bad if you don't have to travel too far, but I can't justify paying $75 to race almost 3 hrs away for $1000 when tracks closer to me pay better. Hey, but that's me.

This weekend has always been about Mopar guys getting together and having fun. The Mid Ohio Mopars club is a non profit group that helps local charities. It is not a "big money bracket race" so if you are only about the money then maybe this event isn't for you shruggy But hey maybe that's just me rolleyes

Gus beer
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/25/18 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy

This weekend has always been about Mopar guys getting together and having fun. The Mid Ohio Mopars club is a non profit group that helps local charities. It is not a "big money bracket race" so if you are only about the money then maybe this event isn't for you shruggy But hey maybe that's just me rolleyes

Gus beer

Well said sir.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/25/18 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1

Gus beer

Well said sir.

Agreed
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/28/18 02:37 PM

The Fiancé, my future father in law and I will be coming up. Just to spectate though. We're bringing his camper to hang out and camp all weekend.

I'm looking forward to it; I still have not been to the track at all this year. I was over at a friends house on Saturday when he fired his car for the first time to get ready for a race; the first whiff of race fuel for the season was nice.

I need to start introducing myself to some of you guys. I've been going to Mopar races for over 20 years now and still don't really know almost anyone on this board. I see cars that I've seen on the board but, for one reason or another, I never get a chance to talk to too many people to get to know them better.
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/28/18 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By cudatom
Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1

Gus beer

Well said sir.

Agreed

Agree
Mid Ohio Mopars is a great club that works very hard to put on events to raise money for charity.
I went to their event at 42 many years ago and had a great time and I was very happy when they planned it again.
I hope the weather is good for the weekend as I plan to be there.
Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/31/18 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By KillerBee
Originally Posted By cudatom
[quote=SCATPACK 1][quote=fourgearsavoy][quote=1BadLiLCharger]Maybe not bad if you don't have to travel too far, but I can't justify paying $75 to race almost 3 hrs away for $1000 when tracks closer to me pay better. Hey, but that's me.

Gus beer

Yeah, I pretty much am 'about the money'. You guys enjoy yourselves.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/31/18 04:45 PM

Don’t worry guys.... Pat thinks running for 1500 on a 75 dollar entry isn’t good enough for him either.

Maybe Pat should have a free entry 10k to win race for himself.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/31/18 04:55 PM

The NSS class is definitely a go. NMCA NSS rules apply!!!

T&T Friday and Saturday with qualifying on Friday and Saturday for a ladder run in eliminations on Sunday.

Gamblers race on Friday and Saturday - we can have a separate gamblers at a cost to be determined or you can get in the box/nobox gamblers. 80% pay out on gamblers.

Payout as below.
$1500 winner PLUS a dyno session at Best Machine
$600 RU
$250 semi's
$100 1/4's

Also have some $$$ to give out for various things like farthest tow, best RT etc. etc.

Also as an update they will have a Hemi class - more details coming hopefully next week. With the addition of the Hemi class we could do a NSS/Hemi gamblers??? Thoughts!

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/31/18 05:14 PM

Is there a designated "Misfits" parking area.
Doug
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/31/18 05:22 PM

Yep - right next to the porta johns !!!
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 05/31/18 11:51 PM

Looking forward to this event. Was at 42 for the first time ever last weekend and was very impressed with the facility. Owner talked to me quite a bit, appears to be a big Mopar and footbrake fan. Program was smooth and well orchestrated.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 01:46 AM

T&T Friday and Saturday with qualifying on Friday and Saturday for a ladder run in eliminations on Sunday.

Gamblers race on Friday and Saturday - we can have a separate gamblers at a cost to be determined or you can get in the box/nobox gamblers. 80% pay out on gamblers.

Payout as below.
$600 RU
$250 semi's
$100 1/4's

Also have some $$$ to give out for various things like farthest tow, best RT etc. etc.

Also as an update they will have a Hemi class - more details coming hopefully next week. With the addition of the Hemi class we could do a NSS/Hemi gamblers??? Thoughts!

What are you planning for "qualifying". I plan on getting there Saturday morning.
Thanks again for efforts on getting the NSS race.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 03:02 AM

This is going to be an education for me because I never raced on an index.
Should be fun though up

Gus beer
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 03:52 AM

Did index racing for the first time last year and it was a blast! Sure you'll have fun too.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By nss guy

Payout as below.
$600 RU
$250 semi's
$100 1/4's

What are you planning for "qualifying". I plan on getting there Saturday morning.
Thanks again for efforts on getting the NSS race.

Jim we will have 2 Q runs on Friday and 2 Q runs on Saturday to make the ladder for Sunday. We will also have a gamblers on Friday and Saturday!!! Maybe just the NSS/Hemi cars???
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 04:34 AM

If anyone running this deal would like to contact me at 336-283-0800 or here I would be willing to toss some $$$ into sponsoring what ever class you guys decide but maybe a hemi/NSS gamblers race on Saturday?
CALL Me

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By sasquatch
If anyone running this deal would like to contact me at 336-283-0800 or here I would be willing to toss some $$$ into sponsoring what ever class you guys decide but maybe a hemi/NSS gamblers race on Saturday?
CALL Me

Left you a message!!!
Thanks,
Russ Konkowski

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 06:28 AM

NSS and Hemi racers take note!!! NSS class is NMCA rules and open to ALL makes!!! NSS is $100 entry and purse pays winner $1500 and a dyno session at Best Machine!!!I On partners page we also have for the NSS class another $500 put up by BG's Main Event!!! More details on how this will be given out but read the flyer and you will have an idea as it will all go to NSS drivers. Also a special thanks to Alan Cox and Greg Travis for stepping up with products of Hogswipe and Superperformance Gaskets to class winners. Fred Burkhart also stepped up for the Hemi class and he can fill in more details on that class. This is the first Mopar race at this track in many years so lets all get behind this and make it grow into what it used to be. It is a brand new track and the surface is incredible. Come join the FUN!!!!!

Attached picture 42 - 1.jpg
Attached picture 42-2 .jpg

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 05:24 PM

What is the best way to get to this track from the South? Google says to enter off of Jeffery Road, I thought it was off 42.

Re: Mid Ohio Mopars at Dragway 42 - 06/06/18 05:42 PM

What is the best way to get to this track from the South? Google says to enter off of Jeffery Road, I thought it was off 42.

It is off 42 for the race pit side. The Jeffery road is the old entrance but still may be in use for the show and swap side.
© 2024 Moparts Forums