Moparts

aluminum hemi valve covers

Posted By: never2ready

aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/03/09 10:47 PM

Where is the best place to buy aluminum hemi valve covers? Any ideas? Thanks
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/03/09 10:51 PM

Not sure about the fabricated aluminum covers, but as far as cast aluminum hemi covers go...I like my Indy hemi valve covers. CHIP

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/03/09 10:59 PM

Where did you buy those at? Wayne
Posted By: Defbob

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/03/09 11:06 PM

Barton's covers are Stage V with the screw in oil fill. That's what I am going to be getting

Stage V are awesome covers

Attached picture 5068039-RayBartonDart.JPG

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/03/09 11:15 PM

Thanks for your help
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 01:09 AM

What brand would you go if you wanted fabricated aluminum hemi covers.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 01:37 AM

I like the Old School look.

Keith Blacks on my new Hemi.
http://stores.casselent.com/catalog/KB%20COVERS.jpg

Here are some other choices. Check both pages.
http://stores.casselent.com/Categories.b...=9&total=14
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 01:46 AM

This guys stuff is on the bag all the time..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-New...%3A1|240%3A1318
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 04:00 AM

Quote:

What brand would you go if you wanted fabricated aluminum hemi covers.

I would really like a set of the Moroso covers with the oiler option
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 12:22 PM

Quote:

This guys stuff is on the bag all the time..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-New...%3A1|240%3A1318

NITROMIKE HAS A REALLY NICE VALVE COVER.CANT BEAT THE PRICE.nice tig welds.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 02:11 PM

I have worked with Jeff Johnsons fabricated, Moroso, and BLP products. The Moroso's are decent, but they are big. Just basically a big square, they are alot harder to fit in the car. The Jeff Johnson ones i had issues with. The ones on ebay look identical to the jeff johnson covers. BLP makes hands down the best fabricated hemi valve cover currently on the market. It is built on billet rail with the gasket groove CNC'd into the rail. Everything fits the way it is supposed too, and they look awesome.

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 02:34 PM

Just re-read the ebay ones, they are the williams manufacturing covers. They are nice, but the BLP is a nicer piece IMHO.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 03:18 PM

Quote:

Here are some other choices. Check both pages.
http://stores.casselent.com/Categories.b...=9&total=14

I think those would sell to more people, if you wouldn't have the breather locations already machined, and let people put in the what they want. That's why mine were the plain looking Indy valve covers. I could put everything where I wanted, and use what I wanted for breathers. I do not reccomend buying them thru Indy, but they are simple, they clear big springs, and seal very well.

If I were to buy fabricated covers, they would have to made such that all of the bolts are thru the cover with the heads protruding thru the top. I say this because the rails closest to the fenders are tough to get at and get a wrench on them. I have only seen one set where all the bolt heads were real long.....If they are resessed way down, good luck getting at them if you have Indy hemi heads.

Posted By: Dragula

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 03:24 PM

Here is a set of fabricated ones I like. I will also mention the Indy's have a nice feature, and they have two of the attaching bolts deleted, but drilled from the inside for a stud. This is a really nice feature. The short studs remain on the heads and retain the gaskets, and really make the covers easier to remove because the deleted bolt holes are the ones on the ends (firewall side delete is the best). Really cleans up the look of the covers as well, as you will notice in the pic of my engine where they are not present. I do not like Indy's service, but some of their products I really like.

With the fabricated ones shown below, it would also be nice to delete the same two bolts per valve cover, but as mentioned, I like the fabricated ones where all the bolts are not recessed real deep into the covers. Flush would be ok, but the fender well side ones that are recessed real deep are a pain.

Attached picture 5069467-DSC00621.jpg
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 03:24 PM

Quote:

I have worked with Jeff Johnsons fabricated, Moroso, and BLP products. The Moroso's are decent, but they are big. Just basically a big square, they are alot harder to fit in the car. The Jeff Johnson ones i had issues with. The ones on ebay look identical to the jeff johnson covers. BLP makes hands down the best fabricated hemi valve cover currently on the market. It is built on billet rail with the gasket groove CNC'd into the rail. Everything fits the way it is supposed too, and they look awesome.

Matt, would anybody have a pic on an engine ? Thanks, Rick G
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 03:44 PM

Another vote here for BLP. The Williams ones are nice as well.

Here is Matt's motor

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 06:51 PM

Al, thanks for that pic !! We have been hoping our one piece tubes fit on those valvecovers. How does he like the way they fit ??

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 06:53 PM

That is a slightly dated pic with the Jeff Johnson covers, ill see if i can dig one up with the BLP's I havn't had them on my car long. i might have a pic at my home p.c.

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 08:13 PM

Rick the above pic was with magnacore wires, and Jeff johnson covers

this is the car with MSD wires and BLP covers

Attached picture 5070007-1eaf_3.jpg

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/04/09 08:14 PM

one more of how it looks now

Attached picture 5070008-1dd8_3.jpg

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/06/09 03:57 AM

Quote:

Looks great. Those tubes are the ones we use for our ProFit Hemi's with stock Valvecovers. Now it looks like they fit well , and fit inside of the fabbed valvecovers, and around the stock spark plug tubes . What do you think ? The Msd's are nice tubes. We are designing our own right now that will be the best of both worlds.. Thanks for the pics.. Very nice !
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/06/09 04:48 AM

I have a set of Indy (no name on them) MAGNESIUM valve covers. They no longer make them. VERY lightwieght. I have them on a foam display motor - never on a real motor. FOR SALE

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/06/09 02:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks great. Those tubes are the ones we use for our ProFit Hemi's with stock Valvecovers. Now it looks like they fit well , and fit inside of the fabbed valvecovers, and around the stock spark plug tubes . What do you think ? The Msd's are nice tubes. We are designing our own right now that will be the best of both worlds.. Thanks for the pics.. Very nice !

I thought the magnacore style fit fine. I think they will work good on any fabbed cover that uses a stock tube. I like the grip on the MSD for a race car, but its personal taste. Keep up the good work, id like to see what you come up with.
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/07/09 05:02 PM

Is there anyone on moparts a dealer for BLP.
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/07/09 05:24 PM

Quote:

I like the old school look too.
I have polished Barton covers which ARE the StageV covers I do believe, but I am either gonna change them to something old school, or something fabricated, not sure which.
Posted By: Darrell

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/08/09 12:15 AM

Does Stage V still make the polished valve cover anymore? I wanted a set 2 years and couldn't get them.

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/08/09 02:33 AM

Cassel Enterprise sells them. Eric Hansen still makes the covers so I don't see why he wouldn't still polish them. Stage V can be slow to obtain parts from, but they still make everything they ever produced (just like Offenhauser)
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/08/09 04:26 AM

Quote:

Here is a set of fabricated ones I like. I will also mention the Indy's have a nice feature, and they have two of the attaching bolts deleted, but drilled from the inside for a stud. This is a really nice feature. The short studs remain on the heads and retain the gaskets, and really make the covers easier to remove because the deleted bolt holes are the ones on the ends (firewall side delete is the best). Really cleans up the look of the covers as well, as you will notice in the pic of my engine where they are not present. I do not like Indy's service, but some of their products I really like.

With the fabricated ones shown below, it would also be nice to delete the same two bolts per valve cover, but as mentioned, I like the fabricated ones where all the bolts are not recessed real deep into the covers. Flush would be ok, but the fender well side ones that are recessed real deep are a pain.

Are those MOROSO COVERS???
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/08/09 03:01 PM

That is a picture of the moroso covers . They have long bolts on all the holes. I had to massage the shock tower to get the passenger side moroso cover on my road runner.

Re: aluminum hemi valve covers - 03/08/09 03:05 PM

DtHemi's with his Moroso covers

Attached picture 5078259-604.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums