Moparts

pushrod end

Posted By: DusterKid

pushrod end - 02/13/18 09:42 PM

For a pushrod the end that goes to the lifter on a BB mopar solid cam should that be 5/16 or 3/8"? Seems a lot of places have the pushrod spec'd at 5/16 cup and ball, but I see some pics that the ends are 3/8".
Posted By: AndyF

Re: pushrod end - 02/13/18 11:03 PM

Depends on the lifter. Best practice is to measure your lifter with a radius gauge and then order the correct pushrod end.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: pushrod end - 02/14/18 03:47 AM

Andy,you have all the cool tools.I have a gojo bucket with a variety of ball bearings and hope to have the size I'm looking for and measure with a caliper work
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: pushrod end - 02/14/18 05:29 AM

All the early Mopar lifters, before 1967 I think, had 1/4 inch cups in the lifters, from 1967 up to when Mopar converted to roller lifters all of those post 1967 lifters had 5/16 cups.
A lot of the race solid roller lifters have 3/8 cups in them, as already said always measure to make sure when in doubt scope
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: pushrod end - 02/14/18 05:01 PM

You can't take any of that for granted anymore. We all use aftermarket lifters and rocker arms and there is no telling what size the balls/cups will be without measuring. Pick up a cheap set of radius gages on ebay or

http://www.shars.com/products/measuring/reference-gages/1-64-1-2-radius-gage-set

Chinese tools make some things affordable for the hobby guy today that a man used to have to do without.
© 2024 Moparts Forums