Moparts

TTI header sensor bung location

Posted By: 11secdart

TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 02:01 AM

I just got my new set of TTI headers for my 408 and paid extra to have the sensor bungs installed. They put the sensor bungs on the outside of the collector is this were they put them? I don`t like it, I would rather have them on the inside out of sight. The dealer I purchased them thru is looking into it on Monday. Anybody have their headers with the bungs installed, were are yours?

Attached picture IMG_1068.PNG
Posted By: Mr D21

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 02:15 AM

Straight from their website - no additional investigation needed...
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/340-Step/TTi340.htm#options
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 02:24 AM

Outside helps keep the route away from the heat.Easier to take out when not in use.

Attached picture 3.1.16 001.jpg

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 02:33 AM

I guess i just assumed they would be on the inside, It does`t say inside or outside in the catalog but the picture has them on the outside. I guess I should have requested inside not assumed they would be. I don`t want them with the sensor outside I hope I can return them, I just opened the box today the headers are still in the bags.
Posted By: Mr D21

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 02:38 AM

This is from their webpage... so not sure what they are willing to do as it's clear here:

Installation locations: Drivers-side, 9 o'clock / Passenger-side, 3 o'clock

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 02:45 AM

Good point I never even thought about that when I read it now or before i ordered them. I guess there will be a brand new set of TTi headers for sale on Moparts soon.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 04:22 AM

Are you sure there is even room on the inside? Mine are not in the headers but just a few inches back from the collector in the exhaust. I don't think there is room to point the 02s towards the transmission.

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 04:47 AM

There should be , my old Tubular Automotive headers had them in the collectors and had plenty of room. I am thinking if I can`t return them I will just put plugs in the bungs and only screw the sensor in if I am test and tuning or want a reading
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 04:58 AM

My TTI bunks are toward the outside. Can't be seen in my 'Cuda, though, unless you're under it.
Posted By: markz528

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 06:55 AM

My sensor instructions says that the sensor must be angled. 9 and 3 o’click don’t work for that.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By markz528
My sensor instructions says that the sensor must be angled. 9 and 3 o’click don’t work for that.

It helps with condensation staying off of the sensor. My Innovate wideband works fine at 3 o'clock.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 06:20 PM

You can simply plug the outside sensor bung and weld a new one on the inside where you want it.

The only potential issue would be the TTI ceramic coating will get nerfed around the newly welded bung. I've touched my silver ceramic coating up virtually invisibly with High temp BBQ paint.

I've since painted my entire exhaust system black with VHT High Temp paint. The ceramic coating from TTI is great as a substrate for high temp paint. VHT's High Temp paint is amazing stuff, it holds up well and you can touch it up any time you want.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 07:09 PM

I think they need to be in the exhaust NOT in the header that way you read the "averages" better and that's also what my instructions said........... coffee
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/10/18 07:23 PM

On my 1970 Cuda, the bung is at the 3:00 position. Been there for five years and no problems, and as Mike said it cannot be seen unless your under the car. Also having it on that side keeps wiring from being run over or under the header.
Posted By: '68cuda416

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/11/18 03:43 AM

I use thier headers and had the bungs welded into thier collectors with both sides pointing towards the transmission, car is a ‘68 barracuda. For what it’s worth I only run 1 sensor but if I wanted to I could put it in either side.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/11/18 07:17 AM

I think all the instructions I've read or heard about of say to NOT mount them from 3:00 down and around to 9:00 o clock, from 9:00 up to and back down to 3:00 O clock is the proper way for clocking the bungs so condensation won't form on the tips of the sensors shruggy

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/11/18 06:01 PM

Update: I decided to keep them and am about half way thru the installation, definitely not easy. My old Tubular Automotive headers came apart for installation which was much easier, but then again were they slipped together was starting to wear and leak.

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/12/18 01:29 PM

In and almost done... have to solve a clearance problem as the drivers side collector is hitting my shifter cable hold down, collectors are really close to the trans pan. I would have preferred to have them sit a little lower. Passenger side was a lot easier to install than the drivers side. I also wish the bolt holes on the head side flanges were a little larger other than that they seem ok. I now see why the bung holes are in the outside not really much room on the inside.
Posted By: crash520

Re: TTI header sensor bung location - 02/14/18 10:44 AM

Mine are on the outside, I don’t like that they can’t figure out to angle them up slightly, my drivers side is pretty much horizontal, my passenger side is angled down, this is against all makers direction that the sensor should have a slightly downward angle at the sensor when installed, my TTI’ are coated and polished which makes it difficult now to rectify
© 2024 Moparts Forums