Moparts

Dyno update after intake and collector change

Posted By: WHITEDART

Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 07:25 AM

https://youtu.be/_DyOgpi596w. Well with all the recent changes it appears we picked up close to 40 average horsepowe.. and over 40 foot pounds torque.. after examining some other video it appears fuel was being pulled out of the squirters.. for the first portion of each pull.. it was a long day and the prosody in the block fought us again.. we chased water in the oil all day.. the block sealer that was plugging the hole apparently washed out..

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 07:28 AM

https://youtu.be/a8uquEi3sdk this video shows the fuel being pulled out of the squirters.. which definitely didn't help today's Dyno Adventure
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 08:07 AM

Man - that's a great dyno video to have ... looking down into the venturi. So now that you can see the squirters spraying at WOT, how do you remedy that? There must be lots of air going past the squirters creating enough vacuum to suck fuel out of the accelerator pump circuit. If you're making 900+ HP out of a small block, you must be moving quite a bit of air. Could you change the shape of the squirter output to make it less sensitive to air rushing past it?
Posted By: tex013

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 08:55 AM

I have/had the same pull through . From reading it appears as not unusual . As it only happens at high rpm/throttle/load just jet as needed be secondaries for best afr .

Tex
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 09:25 AM

Which type squirters are you using on that carb.now?Maybe it is time to try the other type to see if they will not siphon like these are work
Good luck either way thumbs
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 03:39 PM

That's crazy. When fine tuning your mains, it's just gotten a little easier to change your squirters!
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 03:48 PM

Have you tried waterglass to seal up the block?

Kevin
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 04:13 PM

Some one makes a part that stops pullover like that. I can't think of who it is but I'm sure someone else will know who it is.

Seems like the part was reasonable price wise too.

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 04:17 PM

I just watched the video and damn, it's pulling a bunch of fuel. I suspect that many times when we think the air bleeds are off at RPM it's going rich because it's pulling fuel from the accelerator pumps.

Thing sounds bitching for sure.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 04:23 PM

Titan sealer is the best stuff out there its pricey but it works are you using a ritter block dont remember
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By tex013
I have/had the same pull through . From reading it appears as not unusual . As it only happens at high rpm/throttle/load just jet as needed be secondaries for best afr .

Tex

I would imagine it doesn't happen constantly enough to rely on it. It may not happen in the car as much as on the dyno etc.

Great Video, thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 05:51 PM

BLP as well as others make high flow anti pullover nozzles. Cant believe that Book piece is not using something similar?!?

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 06:07 PM

Will you can count on for as much as that carburetor cost he will be getting a phone call on Monday...

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 06:10 PM

Lots of ways to address that. It is not that unusual for sure
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 06:16 PM

Yeah I've seen that pullover before and have fought that fight. One more reason I switched over to EFI.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
https://youtu.be/a8uquEi3sdk this video shows the fuel being pulled out of the squirters.. which definitely didn't help today's Dyno Adventure

Not uncommon at all and some say it's part of their tune......... beer
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 07:01 PM

Very very impressive ! Goodson makes sealer that works very well. I know holley makes an anti pull over shooter. You maybe aware of both. Keep up the good work !

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/28/18 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By scottb
Titan sealer is the best stuff out there its pricey but it works are you using a ritter block dont remember
yes sad to admit it's a Ritter block..

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 12:49 AM

Does anybody have a link.. to the place that sells the squirter specifically.. I would like to take that tuning variable out of the equation.. my gut feeling is it considered early affect the 60-foot
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 12:59 AM

No link, but BLP products sell the Hi flow anti pull over nozzles, $14.25 for a pair. They sell lots of carb stuff.

Nice Gain on that engine. That's tough to get a gain like that IMO, with a engine that is already running so well. up

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 05:39 PM

I wasn't talking about the BLP stuff. This was a kit made by someone else that stopped pullover. There was a thread about this very thing on Speed Talk. I tried to search for it but found nothing. If you can find that thread on ST you will find a link to the company that makes the parts.

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 08:02 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to look for it.. I will take a look myself and see what I come up with

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 08:36 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to look for it.. I will take a look myself and see what I come up with

Are you going to Irwindale this Thursday............ beer

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 10:52 PM

I will probably make a good spectator Thursday.. I should be getting the car out in the next two weeks
. If I can get everything sealed up
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 11:29 PM

I dont know if its any help but the holley # is 121-237 for a .037 shooter

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/29/18 11:48 PM

Thanks man

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/30/18 12:35 AM

I will probably make a good spectator Thursday.. I should be getting the car out in the next two weeks
. If I can get everything sealed up

Cool, well IF I make it come say hi and help me git this beouch to hook n book.............. laugh2

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 01/30/18 01:15 AM

Will do
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/06/18 01:31 AM

Man, the word "prosody" didn't seem to compute with any automotive term, so I looked it up. Here is what I found: "the patterns of rhythm and sound used in poetry". So what did you mean? Did spell-check get you?

R.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/06/18 04:34 AM

P O R O S I T Y, I'm going to guess...

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/06/18 07:07 PM

I have to apologize for my poor spelling abilities.. basically what I was trying to say was the ritter block is having a hard time keeping the water and oil separate from one another.. however I flush the motor out put it in the car fired it up with the fresh load of block sealer.. and it seems to be holding again.. the plans are to get it out to our local test and tune on Thursday.. there's a potential for a new best but right now I think I would be happy if the water stays out of the oil
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/06/18 07:28 PM

https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/department/air-fuel-delivery/section/carburetors-accessories/part-type/carburetor-discharge-nozzles/pump-discharge-nozzle-style/anti-pullover?N=4294951509%2B4294949628%2B4294921499%2B4294847871&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&retaillocation=int
Posted By: racerx

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/07/18 01:00 AM

I have to apologize for my poor spelling abilities.. basically what I was trying to say was the ritter block is having a hard time keeping the water and oil separate from one another.. however I flush the motor out put it in the car fired it up with the fresh load of block sealer.. and it seems to be holding again.. the plans are to get it out to our local test and tune on Thursday.. there's a potential for a new best but right now I think I would be happy if the water stays out of the oil

Please post the result.......been following this thread popcorn

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/07/18 01:43 AM

Ok. Hopefully even get the GoPro on the helmet...

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/07/18 01:51 AM

Who cares about a few words misspelled I know my spelling is not always right

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/07/18 05:19 PM

Best of luck tonight..Hopefully the track is decent and you can learn something..
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/07/18 07:16 PM

My question was an honest one and not intended to make the
OP feel bad. He has a Ritter block to do that!

It was not obvious to me that it was a misspelling of "porosity". I knew it to be a word with meaning far from the automotive world. It couldn't be that so maybe it's some kind of local or regional name for block sealer?

Anyway, OP, thanks for the clarification. No need to apologize.
To the group, he answered my question so let's move on.

Question: Is there ANYONE running a Ritter block without problems?

R.

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Best of luck tonight..Hopefully the track is decent and you can learn something..
I wish it was tonight. But unfortunately the test and tune is Thursday night.. I just completed the installation of the menscer shocks in the rear.. boy does the valving feel soft compared to the Vikings I just took off..

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 05:27 PM

Yeah I'm old and always forget Irwindale is Thursday night. Everyplace I have lived it was always Wednesday or Friday nights..Just cant seem to get that one right. As for the Menscer shocks they would be valved for the car they were built for.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 05:34 PM

A little of topic but I saw a post where someone had been by Ritter's and saw four "Version 2" blocks sitting on the floor marked as sold.

He did not have time to hang around and find out more about the "new" block.

Anyone else know anything?

Bill

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 06:27 PM

Yeah I'm old and always forget Irwindale is Thursday night. Everyplace I have lived it was always Wednesday or Friday nights..Just cant seem to get that one right. As for the Menscer shocks they would be valved for the car they were built for.
well they were built for my car so I'm assuming I'll be okay

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 07:18 PM

Or he has underestimated the ole Mopar smile

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 07:20 PM

I wish it was tonight. But unfortunately the test and tune is Thursday night.. I just completed the installation of the menscer shocks in the rear.. boy does the valving feel soft compared to the Vikings I just took off..

Good luck and wish I could join ya but I didn't even pass tech last time and they are on to me........... laugh2 If you need these shocks back let me know............... thumbs
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 07:33 PM

"A little of topic but I saw a post where someone had been by Ritter's and saw four "Version 2" blocks sitting on the floor marked as sold.

Anyone else know anything?"

Yes

I have two new Ritter blocks being shipped to me this week. I'll photo and document the new blocks as well as express an concerns I may have.

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
"A little of topic but I saw a post where someone had been by Ritter's and saw four "Version 2" blocks sitting on the floor marked as sold.

Anyone else know anything?"

Yes

I have two new Ritter blocks being shipped to me this week. I'll photo and document the new blocks as well as express an concerns I may have.
good luck I hope he's made some quality changes... FYI I know there has been a half a dozen or so blocks that have been through qmp in California.. and a couple of running with no issue.. I know Brad had got the oil blueprint from Kent at one time for these blocks.. he also discovered at least one that wasn't usable.. you may want to consider them..
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 09:21 PM

I guess we will see what we got. With no R3's it is hard to build a fast small block. Where is QMP? Any help on these new deals would be greatly appreciated.

I know both you and Brett Miller say good luck and that makes me cringe a little.

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/08/18 10:24 PM

http://www.qmpracing.com/

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/09/18 06:50 PM

Nothing earth-shattering last night.. the car did go A to B with the new shocks on a marginal track which made me happy.. as far as making the extra power work in the car I have work to do..

Attached picture 20180209_084441.jpg

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/09/18 09:46 PM

Nice and I saw the video on FB and that puppy hooked n booked......... beer thumbs

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 12:31 AM

Is there a link to the video?

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 12:34 AM

I think I may have got a decent in car video last night.
I got home late and haven't got a chance to digest any of the data or videos that we got last night.. I will let you know when I get them posted

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 12:36 AM

Cool Thaxs up

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 12:42 AM

What size rear tire are you running

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 01:01 AM

Last night we had the bias-ply 29.5 10.5s. With tubes
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 01:06 AM

I almost hate to ask this but did you see any signs of moisture in the oil? Fingers crossed for GOOD-LUCK.

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 02:52 AM

I didn't completely disassemble the engine.. I only change the oil.. so it's going to take several heat Cycles to get rid of any residual.. by the looks of the vacuum gauge.. it seemed to be sealed up fairly well.. I hope to dig into some of that this weekend

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 02:53 AM

https://youtu.be/tGCH74BU4FM

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 04:18 AM

Still some work to do me thinks smile But the engine seems happy time to work on all that stuff that makes it fast smile
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/10/18 04:24 AM

Good job Shilo.
Posted By: Jason B

Re: Dyno update after intake and collector change - 02/13/18 02:47 PM

Hell yea nice pass man !!
© 2024 Moparts Forums