Posted By: Bubba

Hello Old Friends. - 01/27/18 07:46 PM

Poking around for my old 1980 Mirada?

Anyone? Black. Caged. 80mopar@sbcglobal.net

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopp-0510-1980-dodge-mirada-440/

Thanks, Bubba
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 05:40 AM

Dude where have you been???? I have not seen the car anywhere so are you looking to buy it back?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 06:33 AM

your car resides in SE SoDak. Mine has been sold twice and ended up 14 miles away from yours.... I s##t you not!! They both race at the same track (Thunder Valley Raceway, Marion SoDak). IIRC it's running 11's with a mild RB build. I actually saw both of them last summer as I hauled my Duster up that way to race with some old friends. Kirk Martinson is the current owner of ole Black. I actually found the old magazine article about the car and sent it to his son years ago.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 03:18 PM

Bubba!!!! Good to see you here again.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
your car resides in SE SoDak. Mine has been sold twice and ended up 14 miles away from yours.... I s##t you not!! They both race at the same track (Thunder Valley Raceway, Marion SoDak). IIRC it's running 11's with a mild RB build. I actually saw both of them last summer as I hauled my Duster up that way to race with some old friends. Kirk Martinson is the current owner of ole Black. I actually found the old magazine article about the car and sent it to his son years ago.

That is crazy two unique cars landed so close.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 05:45 PM

Hi Bubba! Hope all is well. Bob

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 08:50 PM

J-Body.. Thank you so much for the information. Sounds like it's being used for what it was built for. I truly was hoping it was sitting in someones garage collecting dust. I miss it alot. Those cars were both and still are unique... My Mirada in it's 10.30 Configuration would HOOK on DIRT!
80 Lb Bars in the Rear Bumper made it hook on WET dirt!

I just figured a familiar project car would be the best project car. I would love to pull off a Twin turbo Gen3 with it.

Hello Everyone.. I miss you guys a bunch. 1 Child in college and another getting ready for college..No one from here would ever recognize me because I'm a Smaller size Bubba now. Down 125 Lbs. No more meat rolls on my head.

Probably just dreaming outloud about my car, but if anyone hears of it coming up for sale... please yell.. White Castle finders fee included.
80mopar@sbcglobal.net
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/28/18 09:04 PM

If you are looking for something you don't see everyday a good Friend of mine had this one for sale but I haven't seen him lately to know if its still available or not.

K-car for sale 001 by John Cadamore, on Flickr
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/29/18 01:18 AM

Bubba! Hows it going? Good luck finding your car! As a sidenote here....My wife and I will be retiring soon from the process serving business. so we will have a couple of Tasers for sale.... laugh2 wave
Posted By: moparx

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/29/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
....My wife and I will be retiring soon from the process serving business. so we will have a couple of Tasers for sale.... laugh2 wave

as a former state constable, serving papers, at times, could be pretty "entertaining" to say the least ! biggrin
beer

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/31/18 02:55 AM

Real nice...
Posted By: Eric

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/31/18 03:33 PM

Wow...blast from the past. What's up buddy..
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/31/18 03:58 PM

Bubba, congratulations on the 125lb weight loss. That is a huge accomplishment!

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 01/31/18 04:07 PM

I'm friends with Kirks son on FB and a few years back he was showing this picture of black Mirada they hauled home from Minnesota. Believe it was a Craiglist deal. The hood is what really peaked my curiosity as to whether it was yours. Finally confirmed it was the actual car. I sent him picts from the magazine article and ended up sending the whole thing to him. Believe they purchased it as a roller.

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 02/25/18 06:46 PM

FOUND IT.

Looks to be in safe keeping runnin' 11.40's in South Dakota.
Happy to see someone is enjoying it. Thank you Moparts!

Re: Hello Old Friends. - 02/26/18 01:01 AM

TOLD YA SO!! laugh2 it was also interesting to note that both of our old J's were there along with yet another Mirada. Where are you going to find 3 of those things running at the same track!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums