Moparts

Panhard bar

Posted By: sixpackgut

Panhard bar - 01/21/18 04:40 AM

All the brackets are still on my car to go back and forth from Ladders to leafs.

I prefer the ride of the ladder bars and weight savings. Problem is a track bar makes exhaust miserable so Im thinking of putting in a panhard.

So one of my questions is would it be better to run bar from driver side or passenger. Dont know if when launching a panhard would put any leverage one way or the other on the axle
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Panhard bar - 01/21/18 05:01 AM

What about a wish bone?

Re: Panhard bar - 01/21/18 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61
What about a wish bone?

And put it where? You have pics?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Panhard bar - 01/21/18 03:47 PM

Sorry I don't, there is a photo of one on a four link in the link below. It can be mounted several different ways.

http://www.dragstuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3670
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Panhard bar - 01/21/18 06:32 PM

Doesn't the panhard bar interfere with the tail pipes?
I used a diagonal locator bar on my Duster with ladder bar and coil overs with a stock gas tank and had the 3.0 inch tail pipes ran like side pipes under the rockers on the body and then tuck under the rear end housing with the muffs mounted behind the rear end and the rear bumper up between the 1/4 panel and rear sub frames work
The side pipes hid the ladder bars completely also whistling devil work

Re: Panhard bar - 01/22/18 12:59 AM

I dont have tail pipes
Posted By: Centerline

Re: Panhard bar - 01/22/18 05:01 PM

Keep in mind that the longer a panhard bar is, the better it is. As the suspension moves the panhard bar rotates in an arch which moves the entire diff housing slightly right and left. The shorter the panhard bar the more movement there will be.

If you want to limit movement but don't have the room for a full length panhard bar you can use a Watts Link. It does the same thing without moving the differential sideways.

© 2024 Moparts Forums