Moparts

Tri-State Stock/SuperStock 2018

Posted By: A39Coronet

Tri-State Stock/SuperStock 2018 - 01/20/18 08:20 PM

For the 2018 season, I'm hoping to assist Mike Carr in presenting the 2018 Tri-State Stock/SuperStock series in PA, Ohio, and MD.

I've had the opportunity to race this series for the past several years, and have never been disappointed by the competition and camaraderie it brings. For many of us, myself included, this is the closest to class racing we (I) will ever get. 1/4 mile only, no delay boxes, any dial-in, no buy backs, no double entries, .500 full tree.

By working closely with tracks, and being included in already-scheduled events, Mike pays back 100% of the entry fees directly to the racers. Third round losers win their money back, and round money doubles every round win.

Partial 2018 Schedule:
-April 7-8, Mason Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown Maryland (one race Sunday, possible small-entry Gamber Race Saturday)

-May 12-13, Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria PA (two races)

-September 20-30, Keystone (two races)

-November 3-4, Hagerstown (two races)

-We have one possible at Dragway 42 on August 4-5; details forthcoming. That, plus 1-2 others in Ohio. That would give us 9-10 races. Points will be kept track of. Best 6 out of 9, or 7 out of 10, etc.

Points Program:
$25 to join points. Normally top X receive money, but is driven by total number of participants.

Cars that were legal in IHRA this past year (Crate Motor, Pure Stock, SS/Production, etc. will still be legal to compete with us this season. Also, NHRA-legal cars as well as Nostalgia/SS. All rules/format from the last few years remain unchanged.

Class Rules:

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=61108

If you are unsure if your car qualifies under the very loose rules listed at the link above, send me a PM and we will get it squared away asap.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Tri-State Stock/SuperStock 2018 - 01/23/18 01:34 AM

Sounds good!

Thanks,

Casey
Posted By: dvw

Re: Tri-State Stock/SuperStock 2018 - 01/23/18 12:17 PM

I'd be up for the Ohio races. Looking to set schedule dates now.
Doug
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Tri-State Stock/SuperStock 2018 - 03/05/18 03:46 AM

Just over a month away from the first race of 2018 at Mason Dixon. This track has been super fast for everyone in years past, and they run a very efficient program as well.

We will be racing our points race on Sunday, but Mason Dixon is also presenting a $50 entry/$2k to win FOOTBRAKE ONLY race on Saturday. Two days of heavy payouts for $150! Possible gamblers race on Saturday as well.

The fall MD race has continually been the highest payout of each Tr-State season (over $2k to win, 45+ cars the past three years). This is the first season we are heading down in the spring AND fall, so we're optimistic that the turnout is going to be super strong.

As a reminder, because TSSSSA is 100% payback, our purses are dependent on turnout. Please see classracer link above for entry/payout details.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Tri-State Stock/SuperStock 2018 - 03/05/18 04:27 AM

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first year for 2 Tri-State races at Hagerstown. The fall race is always a great show and usually draws a lot of cars, despite the weather. An early April race there should be outstanding.
© 2024 Moparts Forums