Moparts

BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive

Posted By: Chargerfan68

BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/15/18 11:22 AM

I am finally getting the last few items together to complete a mock up of this new stroker im building. Some confusion i have is which Ati super damper do i need with the jesel belt drive. From what i understand, it has to have an extended hub and be a 2 piece.

Anyone have the correct part numbers and i assume i will have to space out my alternator to get the pulleys to line up. Any help would be appreciated

About the combo:
400 stroker to 498. 13.25:1
Indy cnc325 -1s from Dwayne Porter
Comp solid roller at 726/713 and 272/276 @50
Indy single plane intake with either 1050 or 1150 dom. (Prob 1150)
68 b body @ 3900 lbs with jerico 4 gear and 4:30 rear gear
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/15/18 04:30 PM

ATI 917127E steel or 917475E aluminum - you have to space out the water pump if you are not running an engine plate - 3/8"
Posted By: Forest

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/15/18 05:55 PM

ATI sells a shim/spacer in case you already have a standard balancer...
Posted By: AndyF

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/15/18 06:02 PM

You can also buy the longer hub from ATI and just changes hubs if you already have an ATI damper. The ATI dampers are modular in design so you an switch and swap things around. It took me awhile to figure that out......
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/15/18 06:29 PM

Lots of options. I don't have part numbers in front of me but there is no problem unless you run the solid upper(DBl shear) pulley on the Jesel.

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/16/18 03:33 AM

Thanks for the replies. I didnt have a balancer since this was a fresh build so i just ordered the steel super damper part no ati 917127E. Thanks for that info DoubleD.
Now for the water pump, if i run an electric water pump (like mezierre) (and no stock style water pump housing), (1) is there enough clearance to make cam timing changes without removing the elect water pump? (2) do i still have to run spacers for the pump body or do they make one that works with the jesel system?

I think the water pump is now the only thing left to sort out and get. I just ordered the oiling system and pan but its a few weeks out according to the company. I am going to run a crank scraper, so i have to work that into it also
Posted By: AndyF

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/16/18 06:22 AM

An electric water pump should fit over the Jesel belt drive without any problems or spacers. You have to remove the water pump to make timing changes though.

You'll also need some sort of TDC pointer. I make a billet one that also works as a crank trigger bracket or you can find other solutions if you look around.

Attached picture AR179a (Medium).jpg
Posted By: 301v

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/16/18 03:34 PM

I use a meziere pump and jesel and i can change my cam timing without removing the water pump.

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/16/18 08:43 PM

Great. Thats what i was hoping for. To make cam timing changes without having to remove wp housing/ pump. Thanks

That is a nice timing pointer Andy. Ill have to see about ordering one of those. Thanks for your input.

Re: BB Stroker harmonic balancer with Jesel belt drive - 01/16/18 08:46 PM

Al, Just curious: did you have to clearance that world block for the jesel cover? I have a friend with that block and i am trying to convince him to get the belt drive.
© 2024 Moparts Forums