Posted By: pittsburghracer

What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/08/18 08:09 PM

Man that guy really disappeared
Posted By: hemi_doug

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/08/18 08:18 PM

Let's hope he wasn't holding aces over 8s when he did.... whistling
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/08/18 11:34 PM

Last I knew he was focusing on his daughters junior dragsters and putting the "Wild" fully into it. I'm trying to remember if I saw them at Norwalk last year??
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/08/18 11:38 PM

We last saw Bill and Gina and family about 9 months ago when we delivered their usual huge order of Girl Scout cookies to them. All was well. Super nice people. I believe they were selling one of the Jr's and doing something with the other, or maybe building another? Admittedly, I don't recall exactly.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/09/18 02:55 AM

Hasn't been on in a long time. Sent him a pm some time back to see if he had any interior pics of his Charger but no reply. Not a problem as I know I don't get on sometimes for several weeks and my kids are grown. biggrin
Glad to hear he's OK. up

Tim
Posted By: Sport440

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/09/18 03:14 AM

Yep, he goes full bore into his projects, the latest being his kids jr drags, and even some golf cart hop ups. Race car is on the back burner.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/09/18 04:00 AM

I was just going to post this same question last week. Kids don't stay kids for long so enjoy it while you can.
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/09/18 11:44 AM

He posted over on garage journal the other day.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/10/18 02:11 AM

I seen Bill at D42 for the Halloween Thing with his kids racing juniors. He didn't have much time to talk it looked like they were getting ready to go into the lanes. Bill is a good dad and I really admire his commitment to the Junior program with his kids bow
Gus beer
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/12/18 02:58 AM

Don dropped me a line on Jr Dragster Plus and mentioned you guys were wondering about me so I figured I'd drop in real quick.

I'm very much alive and I ain't playing poker so hopefully I wont go the way of my name sake anytime soon. laugh2

Mike, is Anna still selling? I would prefer to give my order to her as I really appreciate her work ethic. bow As her father, You should be very proud of her. punkrocka

Gus, You should have stopped. I will always make time. But yeah, Kaitlin has been on a tear this latter half of the season and ended up runnering up for that event. Came down to one hell of a pedal fest in the finals. Kinda wish I at the 1/8 th to be able to watch them.

Shhe also made it down to the quarter finals at the Eastern Conf Finals in Bristol this year. Ended up going just this side of red in the semis but the way she was cutting lights it wasn't a huge shock. laugh2

If your interested, this vid was shot by a friend of mine.

Kiatlin is in the White car with the blue flames on the nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynhsES7V-F4

What he was about to say was she was "TRIP ZIP ON THE TREE"

Here's the time slip break down for that pass

Them Kailtlin
dial 7.91 7.90
RT .040 .000
60" 1.668 1.668
330' 4.959 4.936
660' 7.900 7.910
MPH 82.13 80.95

MOV .0203 (2' 5.33") drive
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/12/18 03:24 AM

Great to hear all is well. Stop in and say hi once in awhile.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/14/18 03:54 PM

This is a pretty good indication of why I haven't been around.

I made a post a while back about something that for Taylor and I was a pretty big deal and got the same lack of interest in that too.

It's clear that there is no love for the Jrs among the big car ranks.

It's a shame. I used to feel welcomed and accepted here.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/14/18 04:21 PM

Hey,Blue Bill! I would love to have a cup of coffee with ya!! But my bladder won't hold those one gallon cups that you drink from! coffee wave
Posted By: ProSport

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/14/18 06:25 PM

Good to hear from ya Bill, your daughter can cut a light!
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/14/18 07:53 PM

[quote=WILD BILL][color:#3366FF]This is a pretty good indication of why I haven't been around.

... Love Don't Live Here ..haha.. impressive race to say the least give her my congratulations.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/15/18 04:07 AM

Congrats on your daughters success in the junior circuit. My son and I have been involved helping a family of junior racers in our area any way we can. Its a great way to get involved if it is what the kids want to do. The family we help actually traveled back to Bristol last year from Vegas. Said the racing was tough for sure so you must be a great crew chief setting thing up and she is obviously a great driver. Enjoy it and her all you can...
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/16/18 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Congrats on your daughters success in the junior circuit. My son and I have been involved helping a family of junior racers in our area any way we can. Its a great way to get involved if it is what the kids want to do. The family we help actually traveled back to Bristol last year from Vegas. Said the racing was tough for sure so you must be a great crew chief setting thing up and she is obviously a great driver. Enjoy it and her all you can...

iagree

On all of the above. Stop in every once in a while. Kinda like me. wink

Tim
Posted By: hulmule

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/16/18 01:06 PM

Never met the guy , but I knew he was a stand up guy when I posted a transmission issue and he said he was willing to help me out. Enjoy your time with your daughter. Spend 15 years with my 2 sons doing Cub and Boy Scouts. Now have 2 sons that are Eagle Scouts.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/16/18 09:26 PM

I haven't been on here much or else I would have responded.

And Blue < Green.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/16/18 09:58 PM

I can neither confirm nor deny this information, but last I heard, he secured a new career as an exotic male dancer at a local " undocumented" establishment, and was moving on up the pole, errr, ladder, to success.Again, this was second hand knowledge , but from a good source....the Blue Oyster is alive and well.......:)....but from all accounts, he seems to be the " money man" in the operation.....I am wishing him the best in his new career.....but in all seriousness Bill, glad your doing well, and taking care of family is #1.You got it right.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/16/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By WILD BILL
This is a pretty good indication of why I haven't been around.

I made a post a while back about something that for Taylor and I was a pretty big deal and got the same lack of interest in that too.

It's clear that there is no love for the Jrs among the big car ranks.

It's a shame. I used to feel welcomed and accepted here.

Your Wrong on the don't feel welcomed or accepted here. Your well liked. Sure maybe theres not a lot of interest on Jrs, I think they are neat myself, but don't follow them much. Doesn't mean I hate them.

I am impressed how FAST they are running though. I also admire your efforts and involvement in your Kids lives. Your daughter can sure cut a light up

Never saw the other post you mentioned, but did see this post and also took the time to watch your posted vid. Further, things are moving a little slower around here sometimes, so don't take it Personal.

Great to hear from you. Sport
Posted By: Eric

Re: What ever happened to Wild Bill - 01/17/18 04:41 AM

Great seeing you at 42 Bill. And for all the other folks who don’t know Bill’s daughter is a hitter 😉 . Wafflebatter and I spend some time watching JR’s......you know why? They grow up and become killler big car racers. I like to be prepared.
© 2024 Moparts Forums