Moparts

Cast iron big block availability?

Posted By: sgcuda

Cast iron big block availability? - 01/04/18 01:31 PM

OK. So there isn't a whole lot of aluminum blocks available. Are there any cast iron RB aftermarket blocks that are being produced and don't need a complete overhaul? I thought Bill Mitchell was making his own for a while but don't see them on his web site.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/04/18 03:10 PM

Hotrod had a writeup on a new castiron RB block last year but I cant find it.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/04/18 04:53 PM

There have been several threads lately about this.

Just call The Chicago Connection for the real time line.

I'm sure Best Machine could get an Indy aluminum block in your hands in a reasonable time frame.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/08/18 05:10 PM

I believe the only one possibly available is "the block" from the chicago connection. AKA the same block that Muscle Motors was marketing.

What happened to your Indy block?

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/08/18 05:43 PM

Working on getting it repaired. Checking all options at this time.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/09/18 04:39 AM

I have a new indy block for sale,check the classified race part section if interested
Posted By: ppmracing

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/11/18 09:50 PM

How about Bulldog performance ? has anybody order block tru them , and got one allso.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/11/18 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By ppmracing
How about Bulldog performance ? has anybody order block tru them , and got one allso.

Bulldog is Bradshaw which is the same as the Chicago Connection and Muscle Motors block. It is all the same guy who ripped a bunch of people off years ago. There are a bunch of threads on the topic on this board as well as every other race forum on the web.

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/11/18 11:17 PM

Thank you Andy for the information.
How about Jeremy Goodstein at Rod & Custom machine in TN ? was not heir a tread about him selling the iron block ? I saw it on facebook allso,,
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/11/18 11:32 PM

It is easier to get an aluminum block than a cast iron block. The Bill Mitchell block is aluminum, when it is available. He used to be associated with World and still is, a little. But he took the aluminum block line and left the cast iron block line with World.
From his comments about improvements in the machining processes he was moving to on his aluminum block, it sounds like World had some worn out machines that couldn't hold tolerances.

I don't know anyone turning out new cast iron big blocks at the moment, except for Chicago Connection, which is only a maybe.

R.

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 12:01 AM

Hard to run a Aluminium block in Stock / super stock,,,
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By ppmracing

Bulldog is Bradshaw which is the same as the Chicago Connection and Muscle Motors block. It is all the same guy who ripped a bunch of people off years ago. There are a bunch of threads on the topic on this board as well as every other race forum on the web.

I'm not trying to start a piss match but this has been posted many times when someone ask about the block..but most still praise kb...humm..i don't have a dog in the fight cause I just had my last mopar 512 done waiting for the weather to get right to enjoy it if I can..
Posted By: TT5 Valiant

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 12:16 AM

I'm thinking about selling my World cast iron block.
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 03:11 AM

I'm close to putting my new Mopar Performance Mega Block Siamese bore up for sale too.
My plans aren't heading in the same direction I had three years ago.

Block is at 4.200", sonic checks great, report is available.
PM if interested.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 03:47 AM

I pulled my 4.490 rough bored Koleno high nickel cast grey iron block out of storage today to put it on a engine stand devil boogie
Can you say 555 C.I. of Chevy getting Mopar wedge motor whistling devil
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 03:55 AM

Pics please up

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 03:59 AM

If I could post them on here I might, but I can't yet whiney
That rascal is really heavy shock
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/12/18 04:49 AM

Bill is trying to clean up the mess. IF his 4 test blocks pass inspection he will start releasing them. Hemi for now, then RB, then low deck.

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/18/18 12:33 AM

So Andy ,,, when i call Bulldog performance the told me 6 weeks and then the can get me a new iron block ? can i trust them on this ? I have to pay a deposit 1700 USD . Are the going to blow me do you think ?
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/18/18 07:30 PM

I don't think they will come to Sweden to blow you, so for your $1700 you won't even get kissed.

Caveat Emptor.

R.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/18/18 09:09 PM

I don't want to sling mud. I would only suggest you Google "Bulldog engine blocks" and "Dick Bradshaw" and do your research.

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/19/18 04:41 PM

Sherman Racing Engines on FB claims 2-4 weeks for cast iron block. Max bore 4.600. Max stroke 4.625. Base cost $3,975.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/19/18 05:38 PM

A 4.600 bore BBM aint gonna leave a lot between the bores on a 4.800 BS block...If you really want 4.600 you need to buy a 4.840 and a set of 600-13 heads and still roll the dice at least you leave .240 between the bore edges so .120 per cylinder.

BTW what block is Sherman racing engines selling?? Assume it is the same one Chicago connection and others are selling?
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/19/18 07:15 PM

I think he said this back in May. You might check to see if he actually got them.

I don't know Alan Sherman but I know he enjoys a very good reputation with the NHRA Stock and Super Stock crowd.

He is supposed to be a straight shooter who does good work.

Bill

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/20/18 09:43 AM

Jeremy Gooldstein At Rod & Custome Machine in TN, he "blow" me 3 weeks ago. He ripp me off on a New HEMI block he told me he hade. He stole me on 3900USD on purpose, without any regret at al from his side . I talk to him on the phone 4 times , and everything was so great and fine. But now he dont answer or respons to my e- mail. And he even called me when it was ready to ship, that he was going to get me the tracking number.
Hi told me that hi hade allot off block hi was making , so i could trust him.... Ye up my ass,,,,

It happens al the time with company from over their,,,, INDY befor this,,
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/20/18 06:19 PM

Anybody near Dickson TN that can get our Swedish friend in touch with a local law enforcement agency that could help him?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/20/18 06:57 PM

Hopefully someone can help him in some way...

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/20/18 08:22 PM

I would try contacting the FBI agent at the nearest American consulate to see about them ripping you off for international fraud scope twocents
Let us know what happens please work
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Cast iron big block availability? - 01/21/18 12:53 AM

440Source was going to make a block at one time and yall threw them under the bus.
© 2024 Moparts Forums