Demon at track - 12/29/17 09:49 AM

91 pump gas. Stock ecu.. wide tires on front. Foot break and no torque reserve
https://youtu.be/8jHf1QCvuF8
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 10:58 AM

Wow, what a car.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 04:13 PM

I usually don't like whiners, the Demon is an exception.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 04:14 PM

104 mph in the 1/8 is a long ways off from 9 sec 1/4 mile potential. Does look like the 60' was pretty slippery though.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 04:15 PM

Pretty sure that is Ron Silva with his new Demon
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 04:30 PM

The book says it will accelerate better using the transbrake.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 05:33 PM

He also said some functions won't activate until it reaches so many miles.

Very impressive for a car with under 1000 miles and he never raced it before.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 05:44 PM

I'm glad it's at the track instead of in some climate controlled room never to see the light of day........ Like I'm sure will happen with many of them.

The local dealer got one in, and supposedly the new owner plans to just put it away....... What a total waste. down
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 05:45 PM

No worries there Ron will use the car as it was intended to be used..Just like he did with his Hellcat
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 10:01 PM

He was saying on other forum. Was having trouble gettingbtrans brake to work so he foot braked it. Stock ecm..91 pump gas. No torque reserve wich lets it have all 14 pounds boost in just 6 feet. So yeah the car will deff be faster after he gets the bugs lined out
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire

Yes it was Ron and I was gonna talk to him but he was caught up in his grudge race deal......... thumbs

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 10:54 PM

What did the white track hawk run???
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
104 mph in the 1/8 is a long ways off from 9 sec 1/4 mile potential. Does look like the 60' was pretty slippery though.

Yep, and its already known that most people that buy these cars wont be getting them into the 9.8,s Most will run 10.20,s and 10.40,s The car Does indeed have the potential to run in the 9,s as already proven. But those were achieved with test after test in the most perfect conditions with a heavily sprayed down track.

Its kind of like back in the day when the V Maxes came out and were supposed to be a true 10. second street bike. With 90# Gleason on it with lots of experience he did run some 10.9,s.

But the rest of us common street riders could only muster 11.20,s to 11.60,s

This Hellcat demon is not truly a Turn Key 9.78 second ride, that Everybody can just jump in and run the Number. But, even with that said, it still is a Truly impressive car. up

Re: Demon at track - 12/29/17 11:40 PM

Not really fair to say when the car wasn't able to use a few of the things that the car your comparing to did have (trans brake and full 14 pounds boost in 6 foot)
Wait till the issues are lined out and car runs as it should

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 12:20 AM

It would be fair to say, that You no doubt will be one of the Demon owners to get there cars into the 9,s with your skills. Probably may need after market slicks to do it though.

The car that mopar ran 9.78,s with the track was sprayed almost the whole length. You wont find that at most normal tracks.

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 02:16 AM

Not my car (sure wish it was) four member on the cat site
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By Sport440
It would be fair to say, that You no doubt will be one of the Demon owners to get there cars into the 9,s with your skills. Probably may need after market slicks to do it though.

The car that mopar ran 9.78,s with the track was sprayed almost the whole length. You wont find that at most normal tracks.

It wont need the whole track sprayed but running right after a huge event will help, along with a great DA. I am sure you'll see some 9-sec passes out of them here soon enough.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda

Yep, and its already known that most people that buy these cars wont be getting them into the 9.8,s Most will run 10.20,s and 10.40,s The car Does indeed have the potential to run in the 9,s as already proven. But those were achieved with test after test in the most perfect conditions with a heavily sprayed down track.

Its kind of like back in the day when the V Maxes came out and were supposed to be a true 10. second street bike. With 90# Gleason on it with lots of experience he did run some 10.9,s.

But the rest of us common street riders could only muster 11.20,s to 11.60,s

This Hellcat demon is not truly a Turn Key 9.78 second ride, that Everybody can just jump in and run the Number. But, even with that said, it still is a Truly impressive car. up

It's not that far off. These things pull a lot better than an N/A car in the big half. Pretty sure with some C14, the top tune and the stock tires will get you thrown out of about anywhere.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 02:33 PM

Like said above this was with the pump gas ECU so it wasn't the 840HP setup. If anyone is going to get one of these things in the 9s I am sure Ron is a good candidate. He posted some great detail on the Facebook page he made for the car.

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 05:01 PM

You don't use C14 in a Demon. It has lead in it.

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
That's cool, glad to see him get one.

I think he still lurks here occasionally, maybe he will fill us in.

Bill
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 06:47 PM

Very impressive first day out, I'm sure Ron won't waste any time getting used to it and dialing it in. Car sounds sweet.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 08:09 PM

His 1/8 mile time converted to 1/4 puts it at a 10.40 per Wallace. Not bad considering there’s a couple of features he hasn’t used yet

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 08:28 PM

I thought the top tune required race gas? shruggy High octane unleaded? What would the addition of leaded fuel do to it?
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 08:30 PM

clog the O2 sensors and cats

Re: Demon at track - 12/30/17 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall
I thought the top tune required race gas? shruggy High octane unleaded? What would the addition of leaded fuel do to it?

Yes, It requires 100 octane unleaded fuel. Sunoco 260 GT or equivalent. Leaded fuel would harm the catalytic converters. (Very expensive to fix.)

Re: Demon at track - 01/03/18 10:57 PM

Actually saw the vid where they had the best run for the Demon of 9.65, the DA was like -1280 or so, so Mineshaft conditions, that most of us wont see unless your near sea level to begin with.

I think Mopar made a big mistake by putting out the very Best et, that most Owners wont come close to hitting. A lot will be disappointed I bet.

They should of listed a Et of like 10.40 so that most all owners could hit and even Better that ET, That would make for A lot of Happier owners IMO.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Demon at track - 01/03/18 11:15 PM

Most of them will never hit the track but if you run into the owners at the car shows theirs will run 9.0's.
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Demon at track - 01/03/18 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
His 1/8 mile time converted to 1/4 puts it at a 10.40 per Wallace. Not bad considering there’s a couple of features he hasn’t used yet

There was a story posted about Ron's ordeal. He was on the 91 octane tune. He added 100 lbs of ballast. Etc. It did go a 1.47 60 ft. Pretty stout. Wait till it's broke in.

Re: Demon at track - 01/04/18 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By toplescuda
He was saying on other forum. Was having trouble gettingbtrans brake to work so he foot braked it. Stock ecm..91 pump gas. No torque reserve wich lets it have all 14 pounds boost in just 6 feet. So yeah the car will deff be faster after he gets the bugs lined out

Saw the vid of using the trans brake, did seem a little tricky, The instructions were like Press the two paddles on the coloumn, press gas peddle to floor, release one paddle, release foot brake, then release 2nd paddle for launch, or something like that, I was like, W,t,h. laugh2
Posted By: GY3

Re: Demon at track - 01/04/18 01:16 AM

Saw the vid of using the trans brake, did seem a little tricky, The instructions were like Press the two paddles on the coloumn, press gas peddle to floor, release one paddle, release foot break, then release 2nd paddle for launch, or something like that, I was like, W,t,h. laugh2

Hokey Pokey transbrake
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Demon at track - 01/04/18 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Most of them will never hit the track but if you run into the owners at the car shows theirs will run 9.0's.

So True... I can say my car gets faster on the trailer after the race and a couple of beers. By the end of the night it's a damn top fuel car. LOL
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Demon at track - 01/04/18 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

Saw the vid of using the trans brake, did seem a little tricky, The instructions were like Press the two paddles on the coloumn, press gas peddle to floor, release one paddle, release foot break, then release 2nd paddle for launch, or something like that, I was like, W,t,h. laugh2

Hokey Pokey transbrake

I imagine it was intentionally slightly complex to prevent acidental activation.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Demon at track - 01/05/18 02:32 AM

Thats probably true, its tough to idiot proof something these days because they keep building better idiots!
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Demon at track - 01/05/18 03:08 AM

Saw the vid of using the trans brake, did seem a little tricky, The instructions were like Press the two paddles on the coloumn, press gas peddle to floor, release one paddle, release foot brake, then release 2nd paddle for launch, or something like that, I was like, W,t,h. laugh2

The only difference I see from 'normal' transbrake use is pushing two buttons to activate. This was likely done so no additional hardware is needed, just some programming.
twocents

Re: Demon at track - 01/05/18 05:56 AM

Actually saw the vid where they had the best run for the Demon of 9.65, the DA was like -1280 or so, so Mineshaft conditions, that most of us wont see unless your near sea level to begin with.

I think Mopar made a big mistake by putting out the very Best et, that most Owners wont come close to hitting. A lot will be disappointed I bet.

They should of listed a Et of like 10.40 so that most all owners could hit and even Better that ET, That would make for A lot of Happier owners IMO.

No proof. But claim. Is. The 9.65 wasn't the best pass. Just the best when doing the record thing
The fastest pass was a 9.30 something at 150 mph
When Pritchett made the 9.65 pass the very next pass one of the high ups..at str.. made a 9.66 pass....so the 9.65 pass wasn't a fluke pass that no else can also do

Re: Demon at track - 01/05/18 06:01 AM

The trans brake on this thing is not like a trans brake in our hot rods. Where we can hit the brake and slam gas to the floor...let off button and go
This has to be between certain rpm. That you have to maintain with the gas pedal. If to much. Or to little it de activates

Re: Demon at track - 01/05/18 06:44 AM

Damn, that kinda sucks. I wonder how easy it would be to modify? work

Re: Demon at track - 01/05/18 07:04 AM

Thats the reason the media guys times all differ from each other. And possible the art guys. As leaving at a lower rpm so not kick the trans brake function out.
Get good enuff where ya can hold that foot steady at close to higher rpm limit. Will have a good time

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 03:10 AM

[quote=Sport

No proof. But claim. Is. The 9.65 wasn't the best pass. Just the best when doing the record thing

When Pritchett made the 9.65 pass the very next pass one of the high ups..at str.. made a 9.66 pass....so the 9.65 pass wasn't a fluke pass that no else can also do

Never saw a vid/comment or hint of a 9.30 pass, Anywhere. You stated No Proof, But Claim.

Personally, don't believe it ever happened. It took every trick in the book they could muster to get a 9.65. I'm sure that was backed up with a 9.66 right after as the track and DA conditions were the same.

My Point is, These cars are advertised as Turn Key, if everybody can put the drag strip package on from out of the trunk and run a Easy 9, or even a 9.65.

Not going to Happen, most will run 10.20,s to 10.40,s Some, will and may get into the 9,s as delivered from the factory.

It is one heck of a car, but its not going to run as the Marketing guys would have you think Turn Key. For the most part, I see disappointment over the web as to how these cars that Have been run down the track are performing, not Nearly up to par as they Thought they would...

Granted, Modified from stock, Even the Hellcats are running into the 8,s, the Demon will as well.

But I will back up, 10,20s or better from a Turn key Factory car, Waaay Impressive. up up

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 05:29 AM

When it gets a little warmer I'll tell you how fast I get it to. My goal is 9.65 since that's what they got. I realize they practiced 5500 passes to figure it out and they had optimum track conditions. It will be very difficult to launch/feather off the line for best et but we all need goals. I can tell you the other day it was 30 degrees and I had 32 psi in the tires for street driving. I eased the pedal down slowly to keep from letting the transmission kick down (if the trans kicks down the 8 speed goes to 6000 rpm/14 psi boost/800 hp). Before I got to the floor I was doing 100 and it started to spin the tires. The power is there. But it's gonna take a good man to get it off the line.

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 02:32 PM

[quote=Sport

Never saw a vid/comment or hint of a 9.30 pass, Anywhere. You stated No Proof, But Claim.

Personally, don't believe it ever happened. It took every trick in the book they could muster to get a 9.65. I'm sure that was backed up with a 9.66 right after as the track and DA conditions were the same.

My Point is, These cars are advertised as Turn Key, if everybody can put the drag strip package on from out of the trunk and run a Easy 9, or even a 9.65.

Not going to Happen, most will run 10.20,s to 10.40,s Some, will and may get into the 9,s as delivered from the factory.

It is one heck of a car, but its not going to run as the Marketing guys would have you think Turn Key. For the most part, I see disappointment over the web as to how these cars that Have been run down the track are performing, not Nearly up to par as they Thought they would...

Granted, Modified from stock, Even the Hellcats are running into the 8,s, the Demon will as well.

But I will back up, 10,20s or better from a Turn key Factory car, Waaay Impressive. up up

Just because was no proof dont mean it didnt happend. It was actually talked about on the hellcat forum BEFORE dodge released the time
Even told that was passes where it carried the wheels 15 foot on more then one pass
I dont know if it did or didnt....anything is possible
After people learn what the car wants. I think will be quite a few running 9s
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 04:51 PM

this was a early shakedown pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6fc_LZLWfIthis

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 04:58 PM

Listen to the engine/shifts. Nothing like a Demon. A Demon has an 8 speed. It is shifting all the time.
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 05:29 PM

it would be easy for a engineer with a laptop to experiment with the gears he or she wanted during wot
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 05:37 PM

From what I can tell, that's a drag pack car, not a Demon.

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 05:56 PM

That is a drag pack car. Not a demon

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 08:22 PM

I agree, Drag Pack not Demon. I should have a two or three speed in it.

Re: Demon at track - 01/07/18 08:25 PM

While I was surprised that Leah seemed to be the tallest of all the Top Fuel points leaders when they lined up on stage at the NHRA year end banquet, I bet she still weights a lot less than most but not all Demon owners. That makes the 9.65 in stock trim even a little harder to reach.

Bill

Re: Demon at track - 01/08/18 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
While I was surprised that Leah seemed to be the tallest of all the Top Fuel points leaders when they lined up on state at the NHRA year end banquet, I bet she still weights a lot less than most but not all Demon owners. That makes the 9.65 in stock trim even a little harder to reach.

Bill

Nice Input. beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums