Moparts

Middle cylinders on big block lean

Posted By: 67HEMI

Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/01/09 11:22 PM

Is there a carb spacer that will cure the leaner center cyliners on a big block? I have an Indy as cast intake,lil ez CNC 295 heads, with an out of the box dominator. I heard you could mount the carb turned at an angle to cure most of it.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/02/09 12:05 AM

you need to have that Indy intake manifold worked on. i had the same problem till my intake had its runners removed from out of the plenum. plugs all read the same now but before 1,2,7,&8 were rich.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/02/09 12:11 AM

Quote:

you need to have that Indy intake manifold worked on. i had the same problem till my intake had its runners removed from out of the plenum. plugs all read the same now but before 1,2,7,&8 were rich.

Yep, a set of EGT's mounted in exactly the same point
in the headers will help you big time in dialing in
a manifold
Posted By: rtstreet

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/02/09 12:30 AM

i had the same problem, ported a little helped, but .044 nos jets in the fogger fixed it lol
Posted By: maxie

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/02/09 12:37 AM

When I was getting the hemi built, the guy that did it said the intake would need some work to prevent the problem you are having. I have a Indy 426-2 intake on it with a 1070 cfm carb. He didnt put any dams in it, just some and The only intake I have ever seen with a cocked mount carb was on a big block chevy. Do they make them for a mopar or a spacer that cocks them?
Posted By: rebel

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/02/09 02:15 AM

this really proves how bad ICH R&D work is. you'd think they could have sorted this problem before it went into production huh?

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/03/09 03:04 AM

I called Nick at Compu-flow today and he said they could resolve most of it by porting on the intake and using a shear plate.

Re: Middle cylinders on big block lean - 03/03/09 03:05 AM

Quote:

this really proves how bad ICH R&D work is. you'd think they could have sorted this problem before it went into production huh?

Especially if it is a common problem with a wedge.
© 2024 Moparts Forums