Moparts

Comp Cams help

Posted By: Racer68

Comp Cams help - 12/12/17 11:23 PM

I need to call CompCams. I'd like to speak to a "hemi guy". Any recommendations?
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/12/17 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By Racer68
I need to call CompCams. I'd like to speak to a "hemi guy". Any recommendations?

Why would you call Comp Cams for a Hemi Guy?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/12/17 11:38 PM

Call Barton.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 01:57 AM

Good luck! I went to the trouble of filling out all the specs online to get them to recommend a cam for my 505. No one replied. Called the tech line and got what sounded like a 15 year-old. His "recommendation" was so far off base I laughed.
Posted By: Medlock51

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 01:43 PM

Heck just pick your own lobe...how hard can it be?

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Catalogs/CamLobeMasterCatalog.pdf
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 01:58 PM

Call Scott Brown.
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By fbs63
Call Scott Brown.

I agree 100% up
Posted By: Racer68

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 06:43 PM

Thanks a lot for the name. I'll ask for him.

And no, I'm not looking for Comp to design a cam for me. I had a question for them about cores.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By Racer68
Thanks a lot for the name. I'll ask for him.

And no, I'm not looking for Comp to design a cam for me. I had a question for them about cores.

Scott is not with Comp Cams. Scott does his own stuff. Not sure who 's cam cores he uses, but he doesnt work for Comp. Last I knew, I think he was involved with a Buick or Olds shop maybe? ( still does Mopars I am sure)

You will most likely be sadly disappointed if you call Comp directly. You will have trouble getting person and also the right person.I would strongly suggest calling a shop that deals with Comp a lot directly like Dwayne Porter or someone. They have a better list of " who's who" so to speak. If you call yourself, its a 50/50 chance of getting correct answer. Unfortunately, the tech lines, well,,, arent always very good. Not sure what you are doing, but there is always Bullet, Cam Motion and LSM that do a lot of stuff with cores. The Comp group has purchased Crane Cams, so not sure if that helps or hurts their efforts.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 08:17 PM

When did they buy Crane?
Do they still own Lunati?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 08:18 PM

iagree Dwayne Porter (Fast68plymouth) is the man you need to talk to. 802-951-1955 He owns Porter Racing Heads and deals directly w/ Comp Cams. I couldn't be happier w/ the cams he's spec'd for me.
My experience w/ Scott Brown wasn't so good.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Comp Cams help - 12/13/17 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
iagree Dwayne Porter (Fast68plymouth) is the man you need to talk to. 802-951-1955 He owns Porter Racing Heads and deals directly w/ Comp Cams. I couldn't be happier w/ the cams he's spec'd for me.
My experience w/ Scott Brown wasn't so good.

iagree X2
Talk to Dwayne.
The cam I bought from Barton was a disappointment.

Mark
© 2024 Moparts Forums