Moparts

How many of Us have done something stupid at Track?

Posted By: Mopar_racer_99

How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 02:50 PM

Ok with my antics yesterday at the chassis cert, I want to know how many other people have had dumb or stupid things done in front of others, minor, major, and ones needing witness relocation. John
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 02:53 PM

I forgot the ramps on the trailer once, flowmasters are very strong and hold the car up well when the rear tires are dangling. Lucky i was early and there was little to no witnesses.
Posted By: w2stroker

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:15 PM

20 some years ago first time racing staged with the back tires in the lights
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:20 PM

back in 69 at Union Grove I got caught up at all the people in the stands...while I was staging I took my eyes off the tree and sat there waiving at the crowd like I was a big track star..started wondering why they were waiving at the direction of the track...

LMAO...so I spotted the guy a few cars ...

I drove off once forgetting to raise the ramps on the trailer too..
Posted By: gearjammerdart

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:30 PM

I left the hood pins out on the old duster and when I hit 2nd gear it went flying. Felt pretty dumb.LOL

Donald
Posted By: 1swingin

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:37 PM

after running an 11.36 with no cage i got back in line to run again. when i went 2 stage the track official asked where my roll cage was. i told him it was on page 165 in the jegs catalog. he told me 2 shut it down at the 1000 ft mark.needless 2 say i didnt and when i went 2 get my slip they were waiting. i took off but they found me.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:44 PM

Show up thinking my cars gonna make it down the track
Posted By: KMPX2

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:48 PM

A better question would be who has not done something stupid at the track. But with that question we would not get to LOL.
Posted By: dc426

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 03:49 PM

Quote:

i told him it was on page 165 in the jegs catalog.

Now that's funny
DC
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 04:06 PM

aftre just changing some stuff, ive forgot the hood pins twice - caught it though just as the hood went up, i slammed on the brakes and it came back down without breaking off.
forgot to hook up the linkage to the secondaries once. they opened like they should but didnt close when i took my foot off the gas. scary.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 04:49 PM

Too many things to even think about listing. The trouble is I don't realize it's dumb till after I do it
Posted By: 1swingin

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 05:06 PM

he didnt think so!
Posted By: Islandcuda

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 05:07 PM

I went to Ashcroft for my first national open, first round I double staged right away, uh oh that wasn,t nice went threw my head, backed up to be nice and my tree went red. duhhhhhhhhhhhh, Tim
Posted By: topside

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 05:15 PM

Oh yeah. But My Plan is to fool everyone into thinking I'm an utter moron, so they'll underestimate me at times when I can take advantage of it...;)
Or, as I always say afterwards: "How'm ah doin' so far?"
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 05:24 PM

My list of things would read like a NOVEL. I am always
doing something stupid I think( at least in my mind)
And if you hear me talking(more like yelling) to myself
.... dont interrupt... I'm not done cussing myself out
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 06:09 PM

More than I could ever hope to recall!!!
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 06:21 PM

During Pinks All Out, I shifted from 1st to 4th and fried my clutch.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 06:53 PM

I put one ramp down once so I'm half as bad as some!
Larry Morgan staged the back wheels once last year so the qualifing run never counted.
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 07:07 PM

I went to drive up on my trailer without checking the hitch and it made for a pretty funny site with the front of the trailer up in the air! lol

Another time I left my Roadrunner in neutral after I shut it off, I left the track to get some oil and it got windy and my car took off across the pits lol. That was very embarrassing.
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 07:09 PM

I tried to do a burnout in reverse. Kinda silly as 4 speed cars have a little light on the dash that lights up when you are in reverse. Decided that would be the last run of the night.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 08:28 PM

last race of the season ,it was around 38-40 degrees around 7:30pm so i went into the lights without my water pump and fan on since the motor was ice cold, only to puke water on the starting line and lose in the semifinals.and then redlit to boot on a protree.

Attached picture 5062655-HEMIREUNION69HEMIRR65DODGECORONET006.JPG
Posted By: cudabunch

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 08:55 PM

Quote:

Ok with my antics yesterday at the chassis cert, I want to know how many other people have had dumb or stupid things done in front of others, minor, major, and ones needing witness relocation. John

Were you at Atlanta dragway yesterday for the cert? My brother told me last night that they told everyone in line to have the car ready to come out of the trailer,so he takes his straps off and keeps moving up in line.The car hit the generator box and crushed it and took some fiberglass off the bumper.
Posted By: rebel

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 08:57 PM

running late & my class was on the track. drove off from my pit straight thru prestage all the way thru to the water trough. starter puts his hand up to stop me, walks around the back of the car then opens my door & passes me my battery charger. it looked kinda second hand with all the scratched paint n all but still worked. the charger is now on the checklist d'oh!.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 09:03 PM

Quote:

I went to drive up on my trailer without checking the hitch and it made for a pretty funny site with the front of the trailer up in the air! lol
Oh that too drove to the track without the trailer latched backed off and run the tongue up and down the tail gate of the truck!
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 09:50 PM

I don't know about you guys. In my 54 years of racing I've NEVER, NEVER done anything stupid at the racetrack! HA!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/01/09 11:23 PM

I made a pass in a Camero.
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/02/09 12:44 AM

My favorite is coming off transbreak switch to put my hand on steering wheel and bumping shifter into neutral so when delay box goes off I'am in reverse.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: How many of Us have done something stupid at Track? - 03/02/09 12:44 AM

Quote:

I did the same thing
© 2024 Moparts Forums