Moparts

Lingenfelter bumper brackets

Posted By: sgcuda

Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/03/17 10:26 PM

Jeff Lingenfelter sent me some prototype rear bumper brackets for the rear of my Cuda. Thought that some others with E bodies might want to see them. I will be updating pics as I install them. In my case, they will be mounted to an Unlimited fiberglass bumper.

Attached picture bumper bracket 1.jpg
Attached picture bumper bracket 2.jpg
Attached picture bumper bracket 3.jpg
Attached picture bumper bracket 4.jpg
Posted By: racerx

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 01:10 AM

Those look nice up what do they weigh?

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 02:55 AM

Nothing. I thought that the USPS box they were packed in was empty, until I opened it. Jeff told me that being prototypes, they were cot out of 1/16" aluminum. The production pieces will be cut out of .100" material. So I guess that means they will weigh next to nothing.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 02:35 PM

His stuff caught my eye while I was walking around at the Nats. I have Unlimited Fiberglass bumpers on the front and back of my '72 Cuda. I reused the factory steel brackets on the back and cobbled together some front brackets that I have never been really happy with. John had some nice front bumper brackets on display. Unfortunately, when I mounted my front bumper, I didn't use the factory spacing for the bolts through the bumper and I used Dzus Fasteners rather than bolts. John's factory replacements were 19" spacing (see pic). He said that he would work with me to put together a custom bracket if I was interested. It's still on my ToDo list. Pics are of front brackets for 70-72 Cuda.

Attached picture 170812CudaFrontBumperBrackets01_small.jpg
Attached picture 170812CudaFrontBumperBrackets02_small.jpg
Attached picture 170812CudaFrontBumperBracketsBoltHoleSpacing_small.jpg
Attached picture photo 2.PNG
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 03:38 PM

I've got his stuff on my 70 Duster and Unlimited glass bumper. Looks good, fits nice, lightweight.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 05:11 PM

I have Jeffs brackets for my 68 Road Runner, and they fit perfectly.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 06:16 PM

Have his brackets on the front of my car.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 07:41 PM

Anyone care to take a guess how much weight from the car would be lost switching from OEM bumpers & brackets to fiberglass bumpers and these brackets (E-body Challenger)?

And... anyone able to tell me how much lighter their wallet was after this type of a parts swap? wink

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/04/17 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
Anyone care to take a guess how much weight from the car would be lost switching from OEM bumpers & brackets to fiberglass bumpers and these brackets (E-body Challenger)?

And... anyone able to tell me how much lighter their wallet was after this type of a parts swap? wink

A stock 68 Road Runner front bumper with brackets is 40lbs. A AAR front bumper combined with Jeffs brackets is 4lbs. Bumpers are around $120, and brackets are around $100. $220 for a 36lb weight loss isn't too bad.
Posted By: upnover

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/07/17 01:23 AM

interesting i have his front rear brackets on my 72 cuda, love em. verrrry light.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/07/17 04:59 AM

Rumblefish. I like the Dzus idea. Think I'm going to try that on mine.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/07/17 05:04 AM

3 cars...3 sets of his brackets..no complaints
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/07/17 05:27 PM

Jeff's brackets for my '68 Valiant front bumper weighed 1.4 lb. The stock brackets weighed 10.5 lbs. Original bumper weighed 14.8lbs(thought it would be heavier). AAR says their fiberglass bumper weighs 4lbs. Will know exactly how much when it gets here. $222.00 for bumper $100.00 for brackets $170.00 for Alsa Chrome paint. So,,,around $25.00 a pound to lose weight!!! Good news,,,the Strange front brake set-up is getting rid of 50lbs, so that brings the cost of losing weight down quite a bit.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/08/17 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By CHAPPER
Jeff's brackets for my '68 Valiant front bumper weighed 1.4 lb. The stock brackets weighed 10.5 lbs. Original bumper weighed 14.8lbs(thought it would be heavier). AAR says their fiberglass bumper weighs 4lbs. Will know exactly how much when it gets here. $222.00 for bumper $100.00 for brackets $170.00 for Alsa Chrome paint. So,,,around $25.00 a pound to lose weight!!! Good news,,,the Strange front brake set-up is getting rid of 50lbs, so that brings the cost of losing weight down quite a bit.

Chapper Do you have any feed back on the ALSA chorme paint? I saw the youtube video. Thinking about doing one myself, and wonder about the results and how it holds up.
Posted By: Dadodgekid

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/08/17 03:11 AM

How does one get a set of these for a Duster? does he have a website?
Posted By: BradH

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/08/17 03:40 AM

My Big Dummy question of the day: Are all E-body bumper brackets the same, or do Challengers use different ones than 'Cudas?
Posted By: humpty

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/08/17 03:42 AM

Check out http://lingenfeltersbrackets.com.
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/08/17 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
My Big Dummy question of the day: Are all E-body bumper brackets the same, or do Challengers use different ones than 'Cudas?

Different
Posted By: caper

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/08/17 10:43 PM

Where is Lingenfelters located?

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 01:53 AM

When I received the paint kit, there was a black plastic 'blister' piece to test on. I taped it off and did a few test sprays. The best looking chrome looked EXCELLENT, until I sprayed their clear on as directed...then it went duller. When I get my bumper, I will not clear it. The chrome paint, if put on correctly, looks great,,until the clear is applied. You cannot spray the chrome like an ordinary paint, must be 'dusted' on very lightly and several passes, just until the black undercoat disappers. Hope I have enough paint left to do the bumper after testing..at $150.00 + shipping,,kinda pricey!!

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By caper

You can get in touch with Jeff on facebook.
Posted By: motorhead446

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 03:42 AM

I have considered offering the brackets in a dzus version but they are easy to install so I opted out.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By 70AARcuda
3 cars...3 sets of his brackets..no complaints

I still owe you some decals! i have not forgotten.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By Dadodgekid
How does one get a set of these for a Duster? does he have a website?

www.lingenfeltersbrackets.com, I also have a facebook page

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By caper

NW Indiana

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 03:50 AM

I have more models available than the website shows. I am slow about keeping it updated. I also make 68 Hemi dart seat brackets, working on motor plates, have aluminum carriage bolts, fender rods.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 04:15 AM

Will they hold a factory bumper?

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By BloFish
Will they hold a factory bumper?

I dont recommend it. Some have with no issues. I can make in 3/16" aluminum also.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 05:39 AM

Let me know what the cost is?

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 04:47 PM

For an 67-69 barracuda I assume based on your avatar? $90 plus shipping for fronts,rears are $75 for 1/8" and $150 for fronts, $100 rears for 3/16". My website has pricing for the 1/8" only. www.lingenfeltersbrackets.com
Thanks.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 07:49 PM

Nice looking stuff. Thanks for making those parts. I might get a set for the Duster project that I'm working on.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/09/17 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By AndyF
Nice looking stuff. Thanks for making those parts.

I agree. I have a set for my race car.

On top of that, I met Jeff at the Indy show where I bought my brackets. Very pleasant to deal with.
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/10/17 05:19 AM

Ordered some for my AAR project last night. I'll probably glue some mounts to the fiberglass bumper and adapt them. Looks like a nice product. Mike

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/11/17 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By motorhead446

For an 67-69 barracuda I assume based on your avatar? $90 plus shipping for fronts,rears are $75 for 1/8" and $150 for fronts, $100 rears for 3/16". My website has pricing for the 1/8" only. www.lingenfeltersbrackets.com
Thanks.

I have your 1/8” fronts, I think I will need your 3/8” for my steel rear bumper.

Thanks for the reply back.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/19/17 09:36 PM

When I received the paint kit, there was a black plastic 'blister' piece to test on. I taped it off and did a few test sprays. The best looking chrome looked EXCELLENT, until I sprayed their clear on as directed...then it went duller. When I get my bumper, I will not clear it. The chrome paint, if put on correctly, looks great,,until the clear is applied. You cannot spray the chrome like an ordinary paint, must be 'dusted' on very lightly and several passes, just until the black undercoat disappers. Hope I have enough paint left to do the bumper after testing..at $150.00 + shipping,,kinda pricey!!

Just a follow up on this topic. Save your money do NOT buy the Alsa shkit. The spray nozzles on cans are terrible and couldn't find any other nozzle that would fit can. Drips/spits/droplets/3 streams in fan pattern etc come out and ruin the finish. I spent about 4 days getting my fiberglass bumper smoothed up and ready to paint. The base black went on poorly but hoped the clear would shine/smooth it up some,,it didn't. THEN,,I started searching the web for reviews on it,,,all reviews had the same experience I did. Should have looked at reviews BEFORE I bought it!! The Alsa stuff is just like all the other 'spray chrome' stuff...pretty much junk.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/20/17 02:28 AM

Thank you Chapper for the real life review. You saved me some grief it sounds like.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 12/20/17 05:12 AM

Steven tried some spray chrome on my front bumper.... believe it was from Eastwood Rod. General consensus was that it was most definitely “silver”.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 01/05/18 06:11 PM

Just a follow up on this topic. Save your money do NOT buy the Alsa shkit. The spray nozzles on cans are terrible and couldn't find any other nozzle that would fit can. Drips/spits/droplets/3 streams in fan pattern etc come out and ruin the finish. I spent about 4 days getting my fiberglass bumper smoothed up and ready to paint. The base black went on poorly but hoped the clear would shine/smooth it up some,,it didn't. THEN,,I started searching the web for reviews on it,,,all reviews had the same experience I did. Should have looked at reviews BEFORE I bought it!! The Alsa stuff is just like all the other 'spray chrome' stuff...pretty much junk.

Update on Alsa Killer Chrome. After my failed attempt with the Alsa stuff, I cleaned everything off with laquer thinner and started over. Got the bumper smoothed up and under primer again. I then sprayed it with Rustolem gloss black enamel. 1-2 dry 'tack coats' then wetter coat with the final coat WET and shiny smooth. Let it dry good for a few days and then put the Killer Chrome on with several VERY LIGHT passes. I doesn't take much of it to cover the black. I found there is no need to pay $150.00+ for their 'kit'. Just buy the 1 can of Killer Chrome and use cheaper paint for the base. It didn't turn out too bad. Looks more like an older real chrome bumper. Don't know how durable it will be without clear over it, but will find out.

Attached picture thumbnail_IMG_2486.jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_IMG_2485.jpg

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 01/05/18 07:04 PM

Is there a part number for just the chrome spray?

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 01/05/18 09:36 PM

KC-KC-101 is the number on the can. Price on their website is $49.99. There is plenty in one can to do 1 bumper,,probably enough for 2. I had some left in can but did several test sprays first.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 01/06/18 01:07 AM

That came out pretty decent.

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 01/06/18 01:44 AM

cool stuff Chapper. thanks for sharing!

Re: Lingenfelter bumper brackets - 01/06/18 08:38 AM

Thanks Chapper!
© 2024 Moparts Forums