Moparts

Mopar vs ford

Posted By: WHITEDART

Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 04:06 AM

I'm very excited about this race. If anybody's looking for something to do.. they will be holding Match race Madness as well as Grudge Racing and a fat tire shootout. Down in Barona California

Attached picture 20171123_180057.png
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 04:39 AM

Put him down Shiloh.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:09 AM

Get it done!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:28 AM

Tear em up!!!!!!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:35 AM

Take his Hay money.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:40 AM

Kick his azz !! Let those Brett Miller heads show their stuff !
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 06:58 AM

Give 'em hell! drive
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 08:31 AM

Think of me as I’ll be working Saturday! Won’t be an easy task.... make it happen bud!!
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 08:40 AM

Wish I was closer.
Posted By: 360tripleblack77

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 12:18 PM

Good Luck Shiloh... I'm seeing all the promotion around this battle in Steve Sherman's facebook! Will be a wild race!

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 03:43 PM

Match Race is a fun event. You can race for bragging rights, or throw some cash on it if you prefer. I've run three of them and so far have somehow come out on top everytime. The last guy I raced had won like 8 of them, but his intel on my Famoso runs was with my other converter that slowed the car down. Put the tighter converter in, swapped gear and it was enough to pull away from him for the win.

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 03:43 PM

No matter the outcome, hope to see moving image of the face off.
Your wheel base is more stable if he gets shook with his.
My advise from here on then, don't read anymore of this thread and go do your race. We'll all have a chat on Saturday evening.
I'm out till then.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 04:12 PM

Hoping someone there can get some footage scope of it, love when those ferds get's a whoopin.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:14 PM

Good luck Shiloh. I know that yellow car well, what it runs and what it weighs. Will be a tough task for sure. If he gets the yellow car back together that is...
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:40 PM

In the end, it's still a yellow Mustang. I appreciate the effort though.

Good luck! Bumper dragging a-bodies FTW

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/24/17 05:44 PM

Might be another yellow Mustng but it runs pretty well especially for an All Motor SB.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 04:18 AM

I heard you kicked the mustangs azz today.
CONGRATS !!

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 04:32 AM

....been looking for video links. nothing up yet. sounds like the small block mopar got it done on the rez today! Way to represent Shiloh!
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 02:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Gu3GIVGNw

haven't looked thru the whole video yet to if this race is in this video

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 03:46 PM

there's a solo pass about 7:15 in, but no race
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 04:29 PM

Shilo got the Bi first round as the mustang had an issue in the staging lanes.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By DavidDean
I heard you kicked the mustangs azz today.
CONGRATS !!

^^^Hope this is TRUE^^^^ smoke
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 06:57 PM

Steve Sherman the promoter had the race on his facebook live.

Shiloh took it home on a close race. Lets wait for Shiloh to tell the whole story.

Way to go buddy! Love the call out on Sherman's Nova on his facebook live!

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 10:53 PM

Had an exciting weekend up on the hill in Barona.. it was around 91 degrees and 4300 ft corrected altitude.. originally the race was supposed to be between me and Joe Sherman and Steve Sherman Mopar killer Nova.. but they still hadn't got it back together after driving over the crankshaft. And all the rods.. so he set up a race with me and and the yellow Mustang.. which is owned by a gentleman by the name of Steve Porcho. He runs in class called N/A.10.5.. these guys typically run between 130 and 133 mph in the eighth.. snuck up to Bakersfield with the new combination.. and ran 126 mph.. with a 1.40 60ft. Couldn't hook to save my life. so my hopes were at best I could possibly make it a close race.. but I was pretty much in over my head.. first round he had a throttle linkage issue and couldn't get the car fired.. time for second round and are 60ft were still off by a tenth.. so I ended up sticking everything that I could find in the pits that was Heavy in the trunk.. loosen the front shocks all the way up.. his reaction time 0.56to my 0.57. I finally was able to get a hold of the track. Until the front end came down which slightly unloaded the rear tire.. a quick pedal job.. and now I was looking at his quarter panel. And he lost traction.. he got back into it and pretty much looked at tail lights the rest of the way down.. I will say I'm glad it wasn't a quarter mile race.. the picture is of Barona Style sidewall rubber track prep

Attached picture Screenshot_20171126-123011.png

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 10:59 PM

We fought the chassis all weekend.. took power out.. put weight in the trunk.. and finally realized.. the tires were junk.. so I'm excited to see how it dose with some fresh skin Outback..

Attached picture Screenshot952017-11-25-20-58-18.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20171125-182243.jpg

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 11:06 PM

This is the Mopar killer Nova that I got my sights on.. this is built and sponsored by Big Joe Sherman... and I can't wait to put it to bed

Attached picture 36747.jpeg

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/26/17 11:56 PM

Credit to Travis Waller: dart at 3:15

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8CPMg5CLAVI

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 01:23 AM

A big congrats.
Go get that Chevy II.

I remember a GTO in these parts during the early 70's that had "The Chrysler Killer" painted really broad and ballsy on the rear quarters that used to get his lunch money taken by his brothers 440 Cuda.

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
A big congrats.
Go get that Chevy II.

I remember a GTO in these parts during the early 70's that had "The Chrysler Killer" painted really broad and ballsy on the rear quarters that used to get his lunch money taken by his brothers 440 Cuda.
that's the plan.. we recently lost nmca West.. so it looks like I will moving towards The Grudge Racing... Jay waxner is like a celebrity down there.. everywhere I went people asked about him..
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 02:59 AM

Good job........... thumbs beer

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 03:32 AM

Thanks Dom....
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 03:36 AM

I owe him and his shop a butt whupping at the track also devil
Congrats on the win also bow
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 04:02 AM

Great job! beer

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Great job! beer
thanks.. I owe so much to all my friends.. and Bretts cylinder heads and intake make crazy power.. I'm just on a learning curve with the whole car.
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 06:22 PM

Great Job !!!!!!!!
smile

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 06:54 PM

Congratulations. Nice to see you guys weren't bashful about showing your ET's
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 07:00 PM

Boy, that place looks like a pasture
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 07:08 PM

Good race!!!

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/27/17 07:10 PM

Time slip

Attached picture Screenshot_20171127-090742.jpg

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/28/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
Boy, that place looks like a pasture

Barona is tucked up in the mountains north of Lakeside Ca which is east of San Diego. The drive to it is nearly as interesting as the track itself. It's on a reservation so that will probably play a key role in it's survival. This will be one of only 2 SoCal dragstrips in existence come next year.... unless you count Bakersfield as "socal" but I certainly don't. My first time there was only three years ago as I was looking for an excuse to make the 6hr haul there. Upon our arrival we unloaded the car where a few people came up and introduced themselves as they hadn't seen us there before. Great vibe and a fun group of people race there. We've found that if we race Saturday/sat night we like to get there Friday as there are plenty of people who tow up the hill to camp out in the pit area. The track is short, and the pit area are tri level. I've certainly been to "nicer" tracks, but Barona has a charm of it's own for sure.
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/28/17 03:24 AM

Nice Picture Jay
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/28/17 04:20 AM

I did a photo shoot with the Mr. Norms Super Stock Demon at Barona in 2012 and I am glad I didn't make a full pass, the end of the track looks a might steep... eek Cool that you took care of the Muffstain, now onto the Chivvy Doushe... up

Attached picture super stock demon.jpg

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/29/17 10:44 PM

I'll put some more salt on the sore.. a lot of people would say Mopar people are dumb for trying.. maybe even dense.. bondo but there's still a bunch of good running Mopars out there... fan

Attached picture Screenshot_20171129-072022.png

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/29/17 10:55 PM

whistling

Attached picture Screenshot_20171129-072205.png
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 04:39 AM

Baaaad!

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 04:34 PM

Congrats on the win Shiloh..You know what that yellow car is capable of. All that matters is you got the win. Get some tires on there and keep working in it. Just have to keep working on it to make her faster. Try to find a way to knock some weight out of her too. Will definitely help for sure.

Oh yeah, you can always caravan with us out east to run NMCA NA10.5 next year. First race if we ever get the new block for us will be in Georgia...

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 06:38 PM

Thanks Al.but im way off pace from you guys.. but I do watch listen and learn. When the red car is done. We will make the trip.. but it's stuck over at. well you no whistling...

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 07:00 PM

Throw some nitrous on that bad boy
Posted By: 360tripleblack77

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 08:38 PM

Great job Shiloh!!! I watched your battle live by Steve Sherman's facebook and was awesome! Another great moment was when you retuned and Steve congrats you for the great performance and call out Steve Sherman for a Match Race!

Congratulation Brother! Everytime is good too see a MOPAR win!

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
John I've been there and done that and I will tell you nothing feels better than grabbing the button.. and boy did I ruin a lot of good parts on the way.. but I'm having a bunch of fun right now naturally aspirated.. and it seems like we're finally getting a handle on bearing wear and other things.. in some good air and fresh tires I'm sure it'll run 30s.. which is pretty darn good for out here

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By 360tripleblack77
Great job Shiloh!!! I watched your battle live by Steve Sherman's facebook and was awesome! Another great moment was when you retuned and Steve congrats you for the great performance and call out Steve Sherman for a Match Race!

Congratulation Brother! Everytime is good too see a MOPAR win!
that means a lot to me coming from you. Thank you. we have it so easy here we're spoiled.. believe me what you're doing is more amazing.
Yeah and by the way I think Steve is Running Scared.
He's been blah blah blah for 2 years
And now he's on the Run

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
John I've been there and done that and I will tell you nothing feels better than grabbing the button.. and boy did I ruin a lot of good parts on the way.. but I'm having a bunch of fun right now naturally aspirated.. and it seems like we're finally getting a handle on bearing wear and other things.. in some good air and fresh tires I'm sure it'll run 30s.. which is pretty darn good for out here

I hear ya. As you know I have been a NA guy all my life. I'll hopefully give nitrous a try and see how it goes but I'll always have my NA combos. Your car runs GREAT and I love it. Especially when its 6 inches in front of the Ford and GM guys.

Re: Mopar vs ford - 11/30/17 10:22 PM

Those Fords suffer from too much to the wheels which are close enough to a baby carriage length.
Glad that WhiteD won and I knew it was not only going to be with shear HP, but a more stable wheelbase to get it humming down track.
Congrats again.
I don't know your weight, but perhaps it is good as is and all that is needed is some more tweaking to get all the horses stomping in that Miller high life combo.

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Those Fords suffer from too much to the wheels which are close enough to a baby carriage length.
Glad that WhiteD won and I knew it was not only going to be with shear HP, but a more stable wheelbase to get it humming down track.
Congrats again.
I don't know your weight, but perhaps it is good as is and all that is needed is some more tweaking to get all the horses stomping in that Miller high life combo.
ain't that the truth.. this motor can make close to four digits on a respectable dyno.. the car is steal 300 pounds heavier than that Mustang there are a few struggles that I have. 1 is the stock suspension.. and 2 is the converter with the two speed it is very difficult to get right. And 3rd is our tracks outwest are marginal at best.. but I am in a constant Easter egg hunt for weight.. I actually have my eye on another 30 lb.. so stay tuned.. I just can't bring myself to putting glass fenders and doors.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 03:45 AM

Do you know about Aerochem in El Mirage, CA ? devil scope twocents
Chemical milling company scope
I'm not sure if they are still in business or not, confused I use to drive by their facility in El Mirage when I lived and worked down there back in 1996 shruggy
Light weight on race cars is the right and easy way to go faster devil

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 05:10 AM

Don't go glass. It will take away the charm and also it would be obvious.
My guy in Detroit does wonders with metal chemical milling, but he's a mission to get a hold of.
Winter is long enough to find 30+ Lbs in that combo for sure.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 03:47 PM

This is the Mopar killer Nova that I got my sights on.. this is built and sponsored by Big Joe Sherman... and I can't wait to put it to bed

What's the backstory on the grudge with the Shermans?
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet

What's the backstory on the grudge with the Shermans?

Big H.P. / Light car / and Fast

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 09:56 PM

The deal is with Steve Sherman is he's a promoter.. and his idea of getting people in the stands and to the track..is to just create as much turmoil as possible. Between racers.. he doesn't mean any real harm.. it's just his way of doing it.. but sometimes it gets frustrating.. his dad Joe Sherman is considered a legend in the Bowtie group. . he's supposedly invented the 383 stroker????. I don't know. But their stuff runs amazing for what it is they are known for doing a lot with a little.. but as for myself I always try to keep it respectful.. and stay clear of all the BS on Facebook

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 10:04 PM

Steer clear of all the "collateral damage" or "friendly fire" as I say.
When they come, you'll know if your ready for the leap of faith. After all, that's what drag racing is all about; right?
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 10:15 PM

So, Steve Sherman is the son of Joe Sherman. Then I'd LUV to see the Mopar Killer turned into Mopar Fodder. "Big Joe" posts on other forums and has a massive ego, one of those people who acts like he knows more than anybody else and that his word should not be questioned. I hope you cut their nutz off and hang them on your rear view mirror like an old set of fuzzy dice.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/01/17 10:31 PM

I once raced a Mustang with a 440 it was named the MoTang yes my little C/M Duster sent him to the house

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/02/17 03:36 AM

I hear you guys.. I will keep you updated when it's going to go down.. but I have a feeling.. I'm going to have to chase him around to get it to happen..

Re: Mopar vs ford - 12/02/17 05:13 PM

Shermans car is a basic litewieght Chevy II. I don't think it has done anything earth shattering. We tried for years to get him to come out and run with us. Porcho used to try and get him out there as well. He chose not to support the NMCA where he had a local heads up class to run. He does like to run his pie hole however smile But I understand why he does. As Shiloh said he is trying to create Hype for his races.

FWIW the Yellow Mustang Shiloh ran has run a best of 5.44 in the 1/8 to date. He has run NA10.5 for a few years and is still learning how to make it all work. He has made huge strides the last year for sure. Its a shame the class and organization is now gone. He was getting hooked up with the right parts to make that car work well. He has been 1.16 60' with it and been in the high 8.40's. Still .4 off the pace for the class out west but he was out there running the class and making improvements consistently. Unfortunately he as well as Shiloh need to find a place to race.

We have chosen to continue to run NA10.5 and will next year on the east coast. Lots of miles traveling for us but its about all we have left these days. I know very very few care about NA racing anymore as it is certainly NOT the easy way to get down a racetrack fast. It is also a tad on the expensive side as well. We had hoed to run all the races except Florida this year but still waiting on the new block from Dart, yes even SBC guys have to wait for good blocks, especially given the combo. We may end up missing the Georgia race as well if they don't get the block delivered SOON. Its already been 6 weeks.....

Sorry for highjacking the post with the red cars stuff. But just am update if anyone here cares. We have met a few Moparts folks while traveling the east the last two years and hope to meet more. I hope Shiloh gets the chance to run Sherman eventually. Seems it never quite happens for one reason or another. Hopefully soon the stars align and it can...
© 2024 Moparts Forums