Posted By: jeff57

AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 12:14 AM

www.ahraonline.com December 1st 2017 check it out, jeff57
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 02:39 AM

Well that might be a tough hill to climb. JMO
Posted By: sam64

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 03:23 AM

yeah they got me for a membership when they tried several years ago!
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 03:55 AM

Well my old Ansen clutch can is AHRA approved so I'm good to go up laugh2
Gus beer
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 04:09 AM

Well, the last ADRL race this past weekend had maybe 30 cars show up, and a monster truck. So I'm not sure what they're trying to do. NHRA is what it is. PDRA has a good show. IHRA is bracket racing. Then there's NMCA, MMRA, PSCA, all the radial, grudge, no prep stuff, Stock/Super Stock and .90 groups, lots of regional groups. Not sure what these guys plan to do or where they hope to fit in. Good luck.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 04:40 AM

I don't know much, but I do know this. I met Dallas Brown at Barona during a "Match Race Madness" deal a couple years back (check them out on facebook...fun event). He was stationed in the Navy and nearing his retirement and all of a sudden I see he's trying to revive the AHRA. I've been watching, but to be honest, I don't know where he's trying to go with this. They do have a FB page and I joined to watch the progress.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 05:55 AM

He retired last week after 22-1/2 years. He's got the Sportman racer in mind.
Posted By: dart games

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 07:27 AM

i know he brought a drag strip down south and it went sour,freinds with him on facebook
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla

Very nice guy and enthusiastic drag racer. Believe he's originally from your neck of the woods.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 03:19 PM

I hope they make it work. I think that there are enough sanction bodies out there. It's just getting them to work for the average racer.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 03:36 PM

WooHoo, my car was originally built for AHRA Formula Stock.

Wish him luck but like it has been said, tough road ahead.

Bill
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
Originally Posted By slantzilla

Very nice guy and enthusiastic drag racer. Believe he's originally from your neck of the woods.

Yes, I raced Buicks with his Dad back in the '80s. I've known Dallas since he was a little guy.
Posted By: cgall

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 08:35 PM

I would call it anything but AHRA, that name is poison. How about UDRA?
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/22/17 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By cgall
I would call it anything but AHRA, that name is poison. How about UDRA?

That would have been good advice for the guy at ADRL.

I know of at least 2 racing organizations using that UDRA acronym. Remains to be seen if it will be a racing organization or another 3 ring circus that just happens to be held at a dragstrip.
Posted By: jeff57

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/23/17 12:34 AM

what was,was. AHRA is here to stay and very serious about the future and success of sportsman drag racing. its gonna take some work for sure but the browns are commited to getting it right. they need the support of the racers who want a fair and loyal program. its not for everyone and if one is not comfortable with ahra rules and such, that's ok even understandable. for those looking for a new racing experience join up and come race. stay tuned for rules and format,member tracks will be announced soon also. this opportunity for sportsman,bracket,and vintage racers shouldn't be taken as the s.o.s its a new forward thinking group that wants the little guys to be the big guys. thanks, jeff57
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/23/17 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
Well my old Ansen clutch can is AHRA approved so I'm good to go up laugh2
Gus beer

Blahahahah Now that is funny.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/23/17 07:28 AM

I won my first trophy in K/SA Formula three at the old Fontana Drag City in Fontana, CA when Mickey Thompson was the promoter under AHRA sanctions in 1964 boogie grin
I drove by the home and office of the original owner and operator of the original AHRA in Spokane, WA 6 years ago whiney
I wish NHRA had some serious competition in promoting drag races, especially on the west side of the Rockies luck
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/23/17 07:06 PM

Altho I didn't win a trophy I did participate in an AHRA Nationals in 1961 at Thunder Valley Drag Strip at Forth Worth. Flat towed my Altered from Alexandria, LA. My friends and I had a blast. Some interesting stories from that trip. I still have my participation ribbon from that race.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/25/17 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By jeff57
... if one is not comfortable with ahra rules and such...
Are there published rules and if so where can I get them?

Thanks,
Bill
Posted By: AHRA Official

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/26/17 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Originally Posted By jeff57
... if one is not comfortable with ahra rules and such...
Are there published rules and if so where can I get them?

Thanks,
Bill

December 1st. We will have a few rules up for the GT Classes. Its like "Original" Pro Stock or Modified Production 1970. Rules for other classes will be along shortly, like April. I do not plan on things being too big this year, just fun as hell and cost effective for the Sportsman. Quality over Quantity. 2019 will be even bigger but we gotta start somewhere and I (like you most likely) am a Blue-collar dude without buckets filled with money. I just want to make things right!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/26/17 07:42 PM

Not sure where or when you will be up and running but please don’t make us need a 3rd chassis cert to run your class. Between NHRA and IHRA I need another job

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/26/17 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Not sure where or when you will be up and running but please don’t make us need a 3rd chassis cert to run your class. Between NHRA and IHRA I need another job

Nope, waste of time and money for the racer. I will accept Chassis Certs from any sanctioning body that is SFI recognized. They are all certified via a standardized safety program through the SFI anyway. Why make it a sanctioning body specific thing? Just just needs a cert for safety verification. If you need it done, I can do it, if you have one and its valid....lets go racing. Its just about making money and creating a monopoly if I do it another way at that point and not about the racing....think about the way NHRA operates. Its just the way they do business. AHRA is all about the Sportsman and member tracks. We all have a relationship that depends upon each other to succeed. Like a triad.
Posted By: Eric

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/28/17 07:52 PM

Are you considering any .90 racing?
Posted By: dynamite

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/28/17 08:09 PM

May be a dumb question but , where can we find a list of member tracks ??

Attached picture 017.JPG
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/28/17 10:33 PM

I sure hope ADRA wont enforce the unnecessary safety and licence requirements the other 2 do...

2 year seat belts
locking dip sticks
header tethers
engine pans

6.49 cut off for a comp license

who knows what bs will be required in 18/19'

what a racket.

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By Eric

10.90, 9.90 and 8.90

We even have classes in between.So to answer your question, YES! You are gonna have to lose the throttle stop and delay box to compete. Its all about skill on a level playing field. BTW, if you win the class and row your own gears with a 833, the payout is higher, like 2X higher. DIFFERENT, hope you will try it out!

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By dynamite
May be a dumb question but , where can we find a list of member tracks ??

Not a dumb question at all! Website will be up on 1 December, but I will save you some time. Hilo, HI and thats it so far. Gotta start somewhere. I'll let you know where we stand after PRI and keep looking at the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts to see the most current and up to date changes.

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By Eric

One more thing, keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook because you will be very interested as a .90 racer to see whats going down in the very near future. No one has ever done this before, so I'm sure if you have been .90 racing from the beginning you will LOVE this.

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By 493_DART
I sure hope ADRA wont enforce the unnecessary safety and licence requirements the other 2 do...

2 year seat belts
locking dip sticks
header tethers
engine pans

6.49 cut off for a comp license

who knows what bs will be required in 18/19'

what a racket.

Its AHRA, American Hot Rod Association and I agree 100% with you since I am a blue collar sportsman racer. The seat belt [censored] used to get me pissed to the roof when the car sits 6 months of the year but no one ever checks my daily's seatbelts after coming off the assembly line. Unfortunately some of this stuff is SFI requirement, which I cannot shuck but I am discussing it with them for change. I made the license requirements similar (so they are comparative and can transfer from sanction to sanction) but will take licenses from anyone as well as a current chassis cert. I'm not here to nickel and dime you to death, just to have some cost effective sportsman friendly Drag Racing that is fun as hell.

I'm not running a racket as you are proposing, I'm planning on running this on such a short budget for large handsome payouts and to make it affordable for everyone. I'm not even drawing a paycheck and all staff is volunteer so far. I'm retired Navy and receive a paycheck to make ends meet. Just want to fix whats wrong with sportsman racing. If you want to join and help out, thats fine. If you want to [censored] and not jump at the opportunity to fix what you dislike, don't join. We are in it to grease the squeaky wheel. If you want some leverage in the AHRA and Drag Racing overall, buy a stock and come to the annual stockholders meeting, we can fix a lot of stuff together. I like your opinion, its uniquely yours.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 02:59 AM

Will you have a booth at the PRI show?

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By nss guy
Will you have a booth at the PRI show?

That is correct! Booth Number 6052 in Yellow Hall. Come by and see us so you can see what we are all about. I'm assuming you are a Nostalgia Super Stock Guy, hopefully you still have the stock wheel wells in the car. If so check out the GT Class on announcement December 1st. Its right up your alley!
Posted By: nss guy

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 03:43 AM

Stock wheel wells? car has the springs moved in 2" to frame rail w/ caltracs. Yep, NSS car 10.5 slicks raced with mufflers

Attached picture 20170730_201644.jpg

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 11/29/17 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By nss guy
Stock wheel wells? car has the springs moved in 2" to frame rail w/ caltracs. Yep, NSS car 10.5 slicks raced with mufflers

Told you it was going to be different and I love NSS. Saw them for the first time in 1994 at US 41 Fastest Street Car Shootout. Best thing I ever saw at that point.

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 12/01/17 03:22 PM

OK, heres the deal at this point. Things will evolve but here is where I'm starting.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/ZOvj3YUC9C8[/video] AHRA is Back Baby!

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/NOEhpsNkjG8[/video] Performance Based Payouts

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/cyRPcqN0vV0[/video] AHRA Stock Sale(Own Some)

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/qEStV-UveFU[/video] Super Gas Assassin

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/EDjsnGDVKpQ[/video] GT Class Announcement

Find the rest on Facebook at American Hot Rod Association or website will be up by Monday Morning at www.AHRAonline.com
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 12/01/17 04:09 PM

We will be by your booth at PRI to check this out.

Is the .90 stuff incentives for 4 speed only (as stated) or any number of forward gears so long as it is shifted manually and leaves with a clutch?

Re: AHRA is back 2018 - 12/01/17 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By 408strokerdart
We will be by your booth at PRI to check this out.

Is the .90 stuff incentives for 4 speed only (as stated) or any number of forward gears so long as it is shifted manually and leaves with a clutch?

All manuals are welcomed under the same umbrella. Just wanted to eliminate the clutchless dudes. Must engage the gears and clutch manually each gear. To be fair, the higher number the gears the price should go up. If you were doing it on the tree.....hot damn, you might need a U-Haul for the payout, thats the most work and toughest time I can think of! I can't afford much more than the $10K proposed at this point or it would. We will see where it evolves. If no one wins, it will most likely roll over to another bounty in another time, place or dimension!

Your thoughts?
© 2024 Moparts Forums