Moparts

Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width

Posted By: Dragula

Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width - 11/19/17 06:23 PM

So I have been racing with the Gassers for years, and I like some of the different cars out there. So when I started to look at them, I notice the frame rails are narrower than I can fit a Mopar engine between....on almost all of them. Even if I bought one, it seems like there is no chance of putting a Mopar engine in it.

Now I recently measured a darn G3 Hemi, and would you believe, that darn thing is the same width at the bottom as a G2 Hemi?

I guess when you think about it, that makes sense, they both bolt up to a 727 and starter...

Any ideas on how to find or get one with a 24" width?.....

Was looking at this one....But he e-mailed me and its only 22" wide.

https://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-Race-Cars/182581294/1934-ford-coupe-tube-chassis-turbo.html
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width - 11/19/17 08:21 PM

Seen a few gasser's up this way with blown hemi's in them. Don't think I would class the car in the link as a gasser.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width - 11/19/17 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By Superfreak
Seen a few gasser's up this way with blown hem's in them. Don't think I would class the car in the link as a gasser.

Well, I am not going turbo any time soon...Nor will I own a Phord drive train any time soon...But I want a door car, that's almost a rail.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width - 11/19/17 10:22 PM

All that would have to fit would be the trans, heads set above the frame right? Headers go on the outside of frame, look how narrow the frame is in a top fuel and funny car.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width - 11/19/17 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By Superfreak
Seen a few gasser's up this way with blown hem's in them. Don't think I would class the car in the link as a gasser.

I agree.... up
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Looking at Nostagia Car for Sale....Frame Rail Width - 11/20/17 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula
.But I want a door car, that's almost a rail.

Could you use an altered chassis and put a coupe body on it?

Attached picture 34coupe.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums