Moparts

Milodon oil inlet plate?

Posted By: AndyF

Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 01:58 AM

I don't have an old catalog anymore and it doesn't look like Milodon has these sandwich plates in the new catalog. Anyone remember the part number and/or have a picture of the inlet plate? It was a cast plate that went between the block and the pump and provided a place for a #12 line to hook up.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 02:38 AM

This one??

Milodon part # 21350

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mil-21350

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 03:25 AM

Yep, that is it. I was told that it wasn't available anymore but it looks like it is in stock. Thanks.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 04:36 AM

I never understood using that plate. The plate is $104 and a new Melling pump is $80. you can buy the Milodon aluminum pump for $185 and put a stock cover on it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 04:40 AM

I don't, and won't use that plate tsk
The cast aluminum Milidon pump with the cast in 12 AN fitting boss supplies a lot more oil to that pump than the plate can supply to a stock type pump work
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 09:19 AM

What do you use for a pump drive if spacing the pump away from the block?
Posted By: jughed

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By 451Mopar
What do you use for a pump drive if spacing the pump away from the block?

Longer distributor/oil pump drive shafts .....they should still be available from milodon
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 04:02 PM

Well, AndyF, you must have a specific reason for wanting this non-optimal solution. If you really want one of those plates, I'll yank the one off my B engine and ship it to your door for $50 credit on my account wink It would be nice for you to buy a part from me after all of the cool parts I've bought from you!

Attached picture 100816FittingSecondLine02Small.jpg
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By fbs63
I never understood using that plate.

Well, that's the only way you could have bought a dual line oil system nearly 50 years ago when it came out. That fed the bottom of the pump and the Milodon top cover fed the top of the pump. That's what every Super Stock or Pro Stock car had on it. There are better ways today, like using the oil pump Cab was talking about and a billet top cover.

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 11:44 PM

Tim at FHO is looking for some of those plates so he can finish some engine builds. He called me to see if I had any or could make some but I didn't have any and evidently nobody else has them in stock. Milodon is out and Summit said they had them in stock but when Tim checked they didn't actually have any.

If anyone has an inlet plate in good shape that they are willing to sell then let Tim know. He is also looking for some of the cast Milodon oil pumps with the external inlet. I sold the last ones that I had but he needs more.
Posted By: mdeane

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/17/17 11:56 PM

Glendora Dodge has 1 of those plates new in the package.
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/18/17 03:05 AM

you can run the inside pick-up with the outside #12 cover. the early front engine gen2 hemi fuelers did this. I've done some bracket motors with this. poor man's dual line.
Posted By: StageIII

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/18/17 05:25 AM

Is that the plate the gasket would blow out?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Milodon oil inlet plate? - 11/18/17 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By StageIII
Is that the plate the gasket would blow out?

No, the gasket that failed was always the green gasket between the top pump cover and the oil filter adapter plate on the pressure side.
That bottom adapter hose plate is on the suction side of that system scope
© 2024 Moparts Forums